It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic seal on Phobos-DOOM based on true story!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
First off some ambient music...............

The Doom Storyline.

You're a marine, one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action. Three years ago you assaulted a superior officer for ordering his soldiers to fire upon civilians. He and his body cast were shipped to Pearl Harbor, while you were transfered to Mars, home of the Union Aerospace Corperation. The UAC is a multi-planetary conglomerate with radioactive waste facilities on Mars and its two moons, Phobos and Deimos. With no action for fifty million miles, your day consisted of suckin' dust and watchin' restricted flicks in the rec room.
For the last four years the militaty, UAC's biggest supplier, has used the remote facilities on Phobos and Deimos to conduct varios secret projects, including reaserch on inter-dimensional travel. So far they have been able to open gateways between Phobos and Deimos, throwing a few gadgets into one and watching them come out the other. Recently however, the Gateways have grown dangerously unstable. Military "volunteers" entering them have either disappeared or been stricken with a strange form of insanity - babbleing vulgarities, bludgeoning anything that breathes, and finally suffering an untimely death of full-body explosion. Matching heads with torsos to send home to the folks became a full-time job. Latest military reports state that the reserch is suffering a small set-back, but everything is under control.

A few hours ago, Mars recieved a garbled message from Phobos. "We require immediate military support. Something fraggin' evil is coming out of the Gateways! Computer systems have gone berserk!" The rest was incoherent. Soon afterwards, Deimos simply vanished from the sky. Since then, attempts to establish contact with either moon have been unsuccessful.You and your buddies, the only combat troop for fifty million miles were sent up pronto to Phobos. You were ordered to secure the perimeter of the base while the rest of the team went inside. For several hours, your radio picked up the sounds of combat: guns firing, men yelling orders, screams, bones cracking, then finally, silence. Seems your buddies are dead.
It's Up To You
Things aren't looking too good. You'll never navigate off the planet on your own. Plus, all the heavy weapons have been taken by the assault team leaving you with only a pistol. If only you could get your hands around a plasma rifle or even a shotgun you could take a few down on your way out. Whatever killed your buddies deserves a couple of pellets in the forehead. Securing your helmet, you exit the landing pod. Hopefully you can find more substantial firepower somewhere within the station.
As you walk through the main entrance to the base, you hear animal-like growls echoing throughout the distant corridors. They know you're here. There's no turning back now.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75fa2213e446.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c57d00516bdd.jpg[/atsimg]
Hell on Earth
You can feel it. It's all starting again, just like on Mars. First, people are taken over, turned into cannibal Things. Then the real horror starts, the deformed monstrosities from Outside. But now it's on Earth!
The invasion is spreading
It turns out that the invaders are all over. Monsters range from Tokyo to Timbuktu, from Stockholm to Scranton. Billions are dead. Some people have been transformed into flesh-eating mutants, but a few, a very few, are still alive and fully human. The wise men of humanity have evolved a plan to save what's left of the human race. They have built enormous ships to carry the remaining people into space, safely away from the ruined world.
Escaping Earth
Unfortunately, Earth's only ground spaceport has just been taken over by the demons. They've instituted a sort of force field -- a flame barrier -- over the port; no ships can land or take off. You gotta go back into action. The pathetic remnants of Earth's soldiers are making an assault on the invaders at the spaceport. If you win, you might be able to turn off the barrier, so that the ships can leave, and Homo sapiens may not go extinct just yet. If you lose, that's it. Humanity is history.

Phobos (Ancient Greek "Fear") is the personification of terror and horror in Greek mythology.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You have my attention.I love a horror thriller....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hmm.. Somebody been playing DOOM too much..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
tell me more..I defintinetly see some sort of glyphs but not the one you supplied
maybe I'll work on one of my own and trace what I'm seeing! cool pic!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
they already have a series of novel about the doom games i think theres four or five i own them and theyre a good read. the first is knee deep in the dead by dafydd ab hugh and brad linaweaver. actually the second book there even is a forcefield over L.A. but they story line is quite similar. ide definitely recomend reeding them if you like science fiction horror book and are a doom fan.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
oh the memories, I used to play DOOM for hours on end with headphones on. When I would go to sleep I would close my eyes and hear the demons growling.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

You gotta cross your eyes a bit
.....and the whole thing is like bent/warped/eroded. Anyway I think DOOM was another way of telling the story of our unsung heroes fighting wars against demonic monstrosities off-planet.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here... PROOF! Here is a picture from spirit of 2 out of 3 guys in this fireteam. You see a guy in the prone on the lower right. That is not a rifle, it is an em weapon with a dust cover WITH THE SAME COLOR RUBBER AS THE SPIRIT ROVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaef3c98d8a5.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-12-2010 by DayKnightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DayKnightmare

Is this like a 'magic eye' image or something where I have to stare at it until the picture appears?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

You can take the image and turn up the brightness and contrast 'n stuff.
Then you will see the distorted lines....I tried plenty of glyphs but this one fit... the seal of the necrinomicon....a combination of three seals.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing there..........youre equating some anomalies of light and shadow, to something sinister........

Matrixing.......if that, I dont see at all what you see

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

As much as I love the game DOOM this looks like a case of Pareidolia

I wish the movie had been better

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Ok maybe it's unrelated but........Look at the number of threads in like the past 8 hours! Is it the weekend? Christmas break? Hmmmmmmm............

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

lol It could be all of the above my friend!

2nd line
edit on 21-12-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DayKnightmare

You can take the image and turn up the brightness and contrast 'n stuff.
Then you will see the distorted lines....I tried plenty of glyphs but this one fit... the seal of the necrinomicon....a combination of three seals.

You do know that the Necronomicon is fictional yeah? So even if you found references to it in Doom...they are references to a fictional book of the dead!

I do admire your imagination and thoroughness though.

Perhaps I'll review it after I've smoked a few bongs

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yeah "Fictional" just like countless sci-fi novels that "came true" ...Maybe people nowadays are not born with the ability to read between the lines. C'MON... This is ATS, people should be speculating. You want me to spell everything out for you. If it was that simple you think this multi-layered scheme could hold water in your mass perception? someone could put 2 and 2 together and make a constructive comment.....

top topics

join