Cancer Water: 10 Cities Threatened by Chromium-6

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Cancer Water: 10 Cities Threatened by Chromium-6

www.cbsnews.com

Worried about the safety of your drinking water? Here's another reason to worry: A new report shows high levels of the cancer-causing chemical hexavalent chromium (chromium-6) in 89 percent of cities sampled. The toxin has been linked to stomach cancer and other gastrointestinal tumors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
looks like there are more poisons being introduced into our tap water besides fluoride. i'm wondering are there other poisons in our tap water besides fluoride and Chromium-6. If it exists in 10 cities surely it must exists in other cities. And yes that's more signs that our government are deliberately poisoning us!

(mods delete if this was posted already)

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-12-2010 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is suspicions comfirmed department stuff! Everyone who drinks tap water is familiar with the strange tastes that different local waters have.One would think all water tastes the same, but not so.....and this is a good reason why not.
Id say be afraid be very afraid there is a long history of industrial pollution for the last couple hundred years/
It isnt a shock to me, but it sure tells the tale.Good find!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
holy *snip* Norman, Oklahoma with 12.90 parts per billion and it's supposed to be 0.06 parts per billion...that is nuts...where does this chromium-6 come from? Is it something they add purposely?

I found this article where they pretty much just blow this off and say there isn't enough evidence...i personally think they're full of #e and that they shouldn't be putting something off the way they are simply because supposedly "there isn't enough evidence" even though to me, there seems to be enough to state that it is a possible health risk...this is criminal if they are actually putting this stuff purposely in the water

LINK

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Seems to be the same thing as this, unless I'm mistaken.

(By the way, that it's in your water doesn't mean that it was added. Different areas have different natural geologies, and different chemicals end up in the drinking water - naturally. Puts a whole different spin on natural is good, doesn't it?)
edit on 21/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
well the way i see it...is if they're letting things like this go unchecked (and I'm sure many cities in the U.S. are letting things like this happen) then who knows what else they're letting go unchecked within our drinking water

I'm definitely buying a water filter soon (though I don't know whether or not a filter gets things like chromium-6 out of it, though I'm sure it can) stuff like this makes me edgy because I drink a lot of water

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
best way to get clean water,

is to pull it from the ambient moisture in the air with a dehumidifier. pull it out of a room that is full of plants, and they will act as filters.

if you can, give them rainwater, at least you'll only be dealing with aluminum. the plants will absorb anything toxic and expel clean moisture.

once collected, just run it through a cheap charcoal filter.

your looking at less than 200 bucks.

walmart has little camping solar showers for like 40 bucks, get one and hang it up in your normal shower and stop breathing in chlorine vapors please. just fill it with clean water and set it in some light a little before your shower.

youll enjoy living another 30 years, trust me.
edit on 21-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

The link you provided tells a great story. It lays out the ground work for some very serious law suits.This stuff is known to be bad yet some scientist now are saying there is nothing to worry about. I wonder who is paying these guys?

Here is a small example of where this crap is used.

Hexavalent chromium (chromium VI) refers to chemical compounds that contain the element chromium in the +6 oxidation state. Virtually all chromium ore is processed via hexavalent chromium, specifically the salt sodium dichromate. Approximately 136,000,000 kilograms (300,000,000 lb) of hexavalent chromium were produced in 1985.[1] Other hexavalent chromium compounds are chromium trioxide and various salts of chromate and dichromate. Hexavalent chromium is used for the production of stainless steel, textile dyes, wood preservation, leather tanning, and as anti-corrosion and conversion coatings as well as a variety of niche uses.

LINK

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Holy crap, Honolulu?! I lived on Oahu for nearly 8 years...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well I live in Omaha and that is on the list. We have a RO system at the house, I wonder if that is enough to filter out the Chromium-6, and ideas?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The government says that "THEY" the terrorists, are going to poison us in our food....the government says
"THEY", the terrorists, are who we should fear. Seems last Sunday the government passed a bill to protect our safety by how, and what WE THE PEOPLE should eat and grow....darn convenient for their agenda, Ya think?

Now...who are the REAL TERRORISTS, and what are WE THE PEOPLE going to do about this???

BTW: seems to me that in farming communities, depending on how much fertilizers and phosphates are added to the soil and how much rain these communities get....can and will release more cancer causing agents into the water tables of this country....and again....who is in charge of these "safe" amounts in our water???

You got it....our illustrious and revered good ol' boys on the Hill in DC.

Wake up, y'all.

top topics

join