It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deer's rescuers face fines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Deer's rescuers face fines

www.washingtonpost.com

Two men who rescued a deer trapped in Patapsco River ice were each fined $90 by a state Natural Resources Police officer because they did not have life vests aboard the inflatable boat they used to reach the animal.

A 911 caller reported a deer stuck in the ice near Route 648 in Linthicum about 5 p.m. Thursday, Sgt. Brian Albert of the Maryland Natural Resources Police said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sigh...

This is another one of those stories that I really just don't know what to say about.

These two guys take action that "authorities" DIDN'T, to save the life of this creature that was under duress, and one of said authorities FINES them in relation to their act of bravery and compassion.

Seriously, I know there may be laws and regulations against these types of things, but doesn't morality, or the action to do what is right ever enter the equation anymore?

I am glad we still have folks like this in our world. I feel they are heroes, and hopefully the court will see this, and toss their fines out.

www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That is the whole point of the system of fines... To make people want to be less of a Hero for fear of official rebuke.
Good thing you can't suppress the human spirit entirely.

Good on them for taking the initiative where the "Officials" failed.
If I lived near by, I would kick up a BBQ and offer them some brew.

Maybe that is just the Aussie way

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Holy crap...

I'd have one hell of a hard time not lookin that officer directly in the eyes and tossin that sh** in the garbage, so I wouldn't get a littering ticket as well.

WHAT A JOKE!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Funny as hell that they were fined for lack of life vests on the boat. Not interfering with police business or putting themselves in the position to potentially have to be rescued but for not having life vests. The absurdity is outrageous.

Just one more check mark in the "Reasons not to call the cops" column.

As much as I hate to say it there really is some truth to that whole ghetto "Stop Snitchin'" thing.

If you see something you can take care of just go ahead and take care of it. Leave the cops out of it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Indeed it is an interesting discussion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I (censored) hate (censored) bureaucrats, making every (censored) thing their (censored) territory and (censored) suing anyone who tries to do any (censored) thing that hasn't been through their (censored) vogon hands.

I do not have a problem with a legal system, or even the concept of an elected government... I do have a problem with these really (censored) stupid regulations that are turning the whole (censored) human race into (censored) robots.

And yes, I know that I have used a lot of (censored) expletives in this post, but I (censored) felt like it. This makes me (censored) sick.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This just makes me sick...Sick of Cops, the system and specifically

LAWS THAT PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THEMSELVES!!!!

If I want to go on a boat without a life vest...I should be able to do it and face the consequences. If I choose to endanger myself...it's my own damn fault! but to get fined for it?

and to echo what was posted earlier, these guys DID THE RIGHT THING, for all we know they were only feet from dry land. There are WAY to many laws, and I for one am sick of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Just one more check mark in the "Reasons not to call the cops" column.

As much as I hate to say it there really is some truth to that whole ghetto "Stop Snitchin'" thing.

If you see something you can take care of just go ahead and take care of it. Leave the cops out of it.

I agree 100%.

In this pussy ass state that I live in, you cant even defend yourself. If some one tries to rob me or break into my house, I will not be calling the police.

WTF do cops have against animals?

First, they try to shoot our dogs every chance they get and now you cant even rescue a animal that is in danger.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just tear the ticket up and never pay it. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Sigh...

This is another one of those stories that I really just don't know what to say about.

These two guys take action that "authorities" DIDN'T, to save the life of this creature that was under duress, and one of said authorities FINES them in relation to their act of bravery and compassion.

Seriously, I know there may be laws and regulations against these types of things, but doesn't morality, or the action to do what is right ever enter the equation anymore?

I am glad we still have folks like this in our world. I feel they are heroes, and hopefully the court will see this, and toss their fines out.

www.washingtonpost.com

I agree with you. I'm always saving animals in need. I would have tried to save the deer somehow myself. 90 bucks?
Unbelievable!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Personally, I would send them a bag full of deer scat, and tell them the deer sends his thanks for nothing. Just staple the ticket to the outside of the bag.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow, so if they would have thrown the pfd's in the boat they wouldn't have got the ticket? The cop/whatever he was should have looked left on this one. I used to do a lot of winter canoing and kayaking and you can get in trouble very fast if you end up swimming even with a dry suit. But it sounds like they didn't see it as a big risk or they wouldn't have done it, I would think. Hard knowing how much risk they were taking without seeing the actual situation. I do know a PFD doesn't do much good under the ice or laying in your boat. But jeez giving them a ticket after everyones safe, ridiculous. I bet the deer was happy and thankful.
I hope Prancer and Dancer and the gang poop all over the cops house and yard!
edit on 21-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join