It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Washington's Vision and American Prophecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Many U.S. Presidents and military leaders had a prophetic nature...it's something that seems to go hand-in-hand with our nation's history. Much of what was said and conducted by our founding fathers has been lost to time but it is quite apparent that their esoteric beliefs, including Masonic rites and Rosicrucian ideals, demonstrate their mystic predispositions and the basis for which the United States was created. Judeo-Christian values are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the common culture of the American experiment.

George Washington's Vision and American Prophecy

Many believe the story to be authentic, but most historians believe it is a legend, similar to the story of George Washington chopping down the cherry tree. Historians point out the story of the angelic vision was unknown during Washington’s life. It is first found in the writings of Charles Alexander (1836-1927) who wrote fictional “dream” stories about many famous Americans. Alexander wrote that in 1859, a 99-year-old man named Anthony Sherman, who claimed to have been an aide to George Washington, confided to the author. In the National Tribune, 1880, an article appeared giving an account of the "Vision of Washington" at Valley Forge. The article was reprinted in the Stars and Stripes on December 21, 1950.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And what's your point to this thread?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I had read this before and it seems to point to the Civil War and World war 2 as coming perils. There is a third war that will come to America according to this vision. At the rate our government is going it really wouldn't surprise me much if most of the world decided to throw off American monetary hegemony and we end up in the biggest war yet.
It could happen, who knows?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I believe prophecy is just brainwave manipulation. Our minds via positive or negative thoughts create the world around us. If enough people buy into these negative doomsday prophecies; then we have created the atmosphere for them to occur.

Bring back the positive prophets like Bob Marley, John Lennon, and Dr. MLK.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have known about this for over a decade and it seems fitting to bring up again at this time. This is Worth reread.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If it is a work of fiction, it does fit reality very closely so far. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i may happen who knows?

top topics

join