It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MINION and the MINOTAUR?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I Could Tell You...

I was recently reviewing an image of a patch Trevor Paglen displayed in his book, where he states:

Minotaur is a still-classified program undertaken by Lockheed Martin's Advanced Development Programs division, the Skunk Works. Although Minotaur remains obscure, rumor holds that the airframe shares a "family resemblance" with another Skunk Works program called Minion and may have served as a technology demonstrator for that program.

Lockheed MINOTAUR Program Patch - Image

Above is a hyperlink to an image of the program patch Paglen is discussing.

Minotaur - Wikipedia

Minotaur - Image

Longhorn Skull - Image

I then reviewed what a minotaur is in Wikipedia:

- A minotaur is "part man and part bull". Does this imply there's two parts to the system - both a manned and unmanned element? Is the skull of a bull clue us to the offensive part such as an unmanned conventional weapons carrier with an F-22 or undisclosed manned platform with advanced sensors?

- What does the bull mean? The horns are not shaped like the typical hooked upward fashion, but rather look like a longhorn bull, which seems indicative of a Texas (Fort Worth ADP) element. Perhaps the funding source? Would this make it an IRAD effort to capture customer funding, similar to the P-175?

Other items of note:
- Wings may imply an airborne element?
- Black background implies a black program or night operations?
- Green eyes and bulbous forehead create an "alien" nature. Does this imply a program relation to the AFFTC DET 3 operating location?

Other threads in this forum that discuss a similar topic:

New Stealth

Looking for Information on Skunk Works Project "Minion and Minotaur"

edit on 21-12-2010 by TAGBOARD because: 101221A

edit on 21-12-2010 by TAGBOARD because: 101221B

new topics

join