It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: 2010 Deadliest Year In A Generation: Meteorologists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Take heed "It's just a couple of flakes" crowd:

From
The Jet Stream Really IS Acting Freaky!
by jennybee35
started on 12/22/2010 @ 09:54 PM
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10179329#pid10179329

link:

How A Freak Diversion Of The Jet Stream Is Paralysing The Globe With Freezing Conditions
By NIALL FIRTH
Last updated at 12:53 PM on 22nd December 2010
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be3a478e11fe.jpg[/atsimg]

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 12/22/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: snippet and source

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
And 2011 is following suit. China is evacuating tens of thousands of people due to freezing temps and dangerous ice storms. See my related thread on the issue here:

China Evacuates Ten Of Thousands As Deep Freeze Takes Hold
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just to be redundant... how's everyone doing? Flooded and frozen yet? Little bit of the old mudslide problem creeping up on you? 2011 is surely following suit as far as 2010 being the deadliest year in a generation, eh?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Looks like I was right:

2011 Set To Become Worst Ever Year For U.S. Weather Disasters - Costing The Economy More Than £35bn
www.dailymail.co.uk...
By LEE MORAN
Last updated at 11:07 AM on 19th August 2011

The U.S. has already been hit by more natural disasters in 2011 than any previous year - and that is before the hurricane season has even started.

Flooding, blizzards, drought and tornadoes from just nine events have each caused more than $1 billion worth of damage.

It brings the total cost of cleaning up the country in the past eight months to a staggering $35 billion.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 8/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Search for this; "2011 has had more billion dollar weather disasters than any other year on record"
and you'll find that The Weather Channel" pulled the video from their site.

I guess they want to discourage people from seeing the trend in disasters is rising.

After all, they said last year was the deadliest in a generation. Now 2011 tops it.

Q: What will 2012 bring?
A: Sorry, I pulled my own answer for your safety...

WASHINGTON -- America smashed the record for billion-dollar weather disasters this year with a deadly dozen -- and counting. With an almost biblical onslaught of twisters, floods, snow, drought and wildfire, the U.S. in 2011 has seen more weather catastrophes that caused at least $1 billion in damage than it did in all of the 1980s, even after the dollar figures from back then are adjusted for inflation.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration added two disasters to the list Wednesday, bringing the total to 12. The two are the Texas, New Mexico and Arizona wildfires and the mid-June tornadoes and severe weather.
NOAA uses $1 billion as a benchmark for the worst weather disasters.
www.nola.com...

edit on 12/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: story and link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just a reminder that 2011 is being touted as worse than 2010. Of course there are those who will readily state as a matter of "fact" that disasters, or the severity thereof, are not increasing. It's just a matter of our increased ability to record data and disseminate information which gives the illusion of an increase in number or severity.

I am still disinclined to attribute it to an illusion.

edit on 12/26/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: still

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join