It's Official: 2010 Deadliest Year In A Generation: Meteorologists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So... to everyone who's saying it's just winter, get over it. "It's just a couple of flakes" - WAKE UP!

Just to recap:

"But it's just a couple of flakes..."

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on Tue Dec 21 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh, by the way... it's not winter until 6:38PM EST this evening.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

i hate those type of reports... so dramatic, with the script and music...

and why do they have to compare the death toll to weather and death toll to terrorists?

more fearmongering i think...
edit on 21-12-2010 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

and why do they have to compare the death toll to weather and death toll to terrorists?

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's fact. Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as much as you want. -Phage

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
hottest summer, coldest winter
last year
hottest summer, coldest winter.

I am sensing a pattern here..its almost like extremes are becoming the norm...

like the climate is...destablizing or something.

where have I heard this before............

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It does seem like these extremes are becoming the norm. And not just extremes in the weather. There seems to me to be an obvious polarization going on everywhere, form very large systems right down to the drawing of division lines between certain camps right here on ATS. I'm reminded of Stephen King's "The Stand" for some reason...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I suppose the Emergency Broadcast System is just another type of "fear mongering" to you as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as much as you want. -Phage

Sorry, but Mark Twain actually coined that phrase, not phage.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
SO what's your point OP?

I am curious.. What are you saying 2010 is the deadliest year in a generation? Ok now what? Maybe you won't get called a fear monger, if you can try to communicate your point... What do you want us to think? I myself already know how crazy this year has become, and it is not done yet. So now what?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I agree. I started a thread on this a couple of days ago here.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
SO what's your point OP?

I am curious.. What are you saying 2010 is the deadliest year in a generation? Ok now what? Maybe you won't get called a fear monger, if you can try to communicate your point... What do you want us to think? I myself already know how crazy this year has become, and it is not done yet. So now what?

My point is this: This year wasn't a cakewalk. People are downplaying the staggering pre-winter weather. Saying things like:

Quit the fear-mongering
Oh, It's not that bad.
What ice-age?
It's just a couple of flakes.
It's winter, get over it.

And may get even worse.
I'm saying "Heads UP!", even to those people who will never, ever see it coming. No matter what anyone says.

I'm saying "Be prepared".
The video I posted is just another piece of evidence. I mean, just turn on the news. What more do you need?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
I agree. I started a thread on this a couple of days ago here.

It seems some of us are on the same page.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus

Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as much as you want. -Phage

Sorry, but Mark Twain actually coined that phrase, not phage.

Um.. thank you for that. I know.
By the way... Anyone else wondering why Phage has been MIA since November 18th?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

SO what's your point OP?

My point is this: This year wasn't a cakewalk. People are downplaying the staggering pre-winter weather. Saying things like:

Quit the fear-mongering
Oh, It's not that bad.
What ice-age?
It's just a couple of flakes.
It's winter, get over it.

And may get even worse.
I'm saying "Heads UP!", even to those people who will never, ever see it coming. No matter what anyone says.

I'm saying "Be prepared".
The video I posted is just another piece of evidence. I mean, just turn on the news. What more do you need?

I think its a lil to early to judge, on this I think people should be paying attention. Also in addition it does not matter how much you scream and shout out about TRUTH, not all are going to see it, or even understand the language you speak. Its called living in a vacuum.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Also in addition it does not matter how much you scream and shout out about TRUTH, not all are going to see it, or even understand the language you speak. Its called living in a vacuum.

Sad, but true. At some point one must realize that some people are deaf dumb and blind. Nothing I nor anyone else can say or do will change that.

But the show's not over yet.

"I don't hear the fat lady singing."

- but I'm all ears brother...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Malibu getting pounded too.

Heavier storm expected tonight
Published:
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:49 PM PST
www.malibutimes.com...

- PS

In the future I will try my best to refrain from giving one line responses as I have just been fined 20 points for giving a one line response in this thread, one of my own threads as a matter of fact. If I'm too succinct in my responses I apologize, and I will try to be more verbose in the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It used to be this cold in the UK a century or so back - the river Thames used to freeze over - they even used to hold a festival on it - The Frost Fairs - until the early 1800's during The Little Ice Age... so I don't think the world's broken or going to implode because there has been some colder-than-usual weather... for all we know (seeing as our time on this earth is so short) this is a very regular occurrence when taken in the context of the earth's climatic history..

(Info on Frost Fairs www.webhistoryofengland.com... )

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
maybe there really isn't global warming caused by humans, and the illuminati really did make that all up. i also think forget the idea of a coming ice age.

i don't know if anyones already posted with the same idea, but i don't think the earth is just warming up/cooling off all over the world in new places. one of the theories around 2012 is a pole or magnetic shift. well perhaps it's already happening now, and has been over the last decade.

perhaps each year the earth's axis has actually been slowly tilting which in turn would also be moving the whole world into different angels, thus creating the world weather change that seems to be going on. ya think?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

By the way... Anyone else wondering why Phage has been MIA since November 18th?

Phage ?
Who's Phage ?
And why do we care ?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
"Massive Storms Devastate California" was the lead in super to the story on CNN. Here's the latest print story:

California Reels Under Torrential Storms
www.topnews.in...

Los Angeles, Dec 22 : A state of emergency was declared across many areas of southern California in the US Wednesday as the strongest series of storms in decades pummelled the normally balmy region...

with meteorologists, authorities and residents bracing for the most powerful wave Wednesday, the fear was that the Golden State would be engulfed in a torrent of mudslides, flooding, tidal surges, thunderstorms and hail.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency in Kern, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo and Tulare counties because of the storms.

Authorities were particularly concerned about hillsides that had been devastated by wildfires in recent years, where the deep saturation could cause massive mudslides.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join