It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help!! Could 9/11 experts please explain these comments by Norman Minetta

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

This is the kind of post that, quite frankly, irritates me to no end.

Anyone knowledgable about anti-aircraft weapons and who has the first clue as to what it is like in the area around the Pentagon knows why there were not any anti-aircraft defenses around the Pentagon prior to 9/11/01.

Im going to guess that you dont know that the Pentagon is pretty much within the approach/departure aread of Reagan National Airport. Close enough that, anti aircraft weapons are going to cause more death and damage around the area than in actually letting a hostile hit the Pentagon. Hell, even in the aftermath of 9/11 when they did set up missile batteries in the area....how many times did they shoot at the moronic pilot who would stray out of their airspace and into restricted areas? ZERO times.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You are right that I didn't know the Pentagon was near an Airport. I also don't know what kind of collateral damage AA installations would cause. What I do know is that NORAD is an air defense system that didn't shoot down any of the planes on that day (according to the OS).

I find it hard to believe the Pentagon didn't have other Air Defenses, but that's just speculation on my part and I don't have any proof. I also find it hard to believe that the US Government would care about collateral damage if it would save the Pentagon getting hit - considering they won't even release footage of the supposed plane hitting due to National Security reasons...they tend to be pretty precious about the Pentagon.

I notice you didn't touch the rest of my post though.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zeta55

I think this is as far as the story can go without subpoena power:

s1.zetaboards.com...

In depth conversation about this issue can be heard here:

s1.zetaboards.com...

edit on 19-1-2011 by shure because: spelling

<< 1   >>

join