It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In Defense of Zecharia Sitchin" [by Lloyd Pye]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by igigi

he was on track, unfortunately he can't defend himself any longer.

the paper was was well written but it did come from a supporter. be nice if one of his theories came to light.

thanks op.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I wrote this in another thread, but it certainly belongs here, since it is a defense of Pye as much as it is anything else.

Not sure what the confluence of events was that led me to remembe the post/quote and/or this thread, but... the person I was originally replying to went back and erased their post after I posted, the following - you can probably infer what it must've said, based on my response:

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by neonitus

You are merely regurgitating the same slop that was said over a decade ago, without realizing that much more - although still, ultimately inconclusive - information has come out about the skull in recent years.

It is not a 100% human skull nor is it hydrocephalus - these have been ruled out, definitively.

I may have a quote of his in my sig (which is true, regardless of your thoughts of the man), but I'm still not sure where I stand on the whole subject - much remains to be seen. But, I know it is not pivotal (or damaging, as you suggest) to ufology or any other area that has not gained mainstream acceptance, yet.

And, as far as 'doing it for money'?! I love it when people use this one.

Do you people realize what it takes to pursue something with this much vigor that you are passionate about?

It takes a lot of money and a lot of guts. Some people with great ideas (whether you think this is one, or not) go to great lengths to build the evidence they need to make an argument to convince the masses. Sometimes these 'lengths' are expensive - in this case we're talking very unique and expensive, and that's just for starters. He may not have the funds to support the research, and to that end, if he is turning out to be more and more correct - or more to the point, not proven wrong yet - why SHOULD he be expected to?

So, he needs to raise money to assist his research and life (travel, board, room, etc) - understandable.

But, you know what is more on the line than money? His/their reputation(s). The risk that guys like this take is never being taken serious (by, people who will not even hear the evidence (or new(er) evidence) - huge when discussing a 'science' that is not considered 'mainstream' yet, nevermind the strain this may have on family / friendship bonds. Way more on the line here, than money.

Besides, do you really think he has a second home in Hawaii? Or, 6 cars in the garage? Or, is off galavanting in far away paradises with pimp hats, wine filled jugs, with oodles of money dripping from every orifice? I seriously doubt it.

But, while we're on the subject of money for a second, someone answer me this: If Lloyd Pye and the Starchild Skull are such a shill and a fake, respectively, then why hasn't someone else just come forward supporting this side of the house, and funded the necessary research so that we can finally get to the bottom of this and shut Pye Up?!
edit on 8/15/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/18/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Does anyone know where Loyd Pyes' website has gone?

www.lloydpye.com has disappeared, along with the Starchild project website.

I would appreciate any information on this,

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by epsom11

It seems fine - from a technical point of view, lol

Lloyd pye

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Zecharia Sitchin was an author famous for "The Earth Chronicles" series of books about the writings of the ancient Sumerians (circa 5,000 years ago) as he interpreted them.

As he interpreted them?!

He being an economics history major?

Cause last I checked, Zecharia Stichin has no educational background that would suggest he can interpret dead languages. Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Zecharia Sitchin was an author famous for "The Earth Chronicles" series of books about the writings of the ancient Sumerians (circa 5,000 years ago) as he interpreted them.

As he interpreted them?!

He being an economics history major?

Cause last I checked, Zecharia Stichin has no educational background that would suggest he can interpret dead languages. Just sayin.

He also repeatedly demonstrated an extraordinary inability to understand them. When he started writing his stories the only way to check up on what he was saying was to obtain obscure books from university libraries. Now days the Sumerian, Akkadian and Bablyonian dictionaries can be found on line and his inept fraud is plain to see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join