It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science: The true word of God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Heya ATSers

First off, disclosure: I am agnostic-athiest and find the subject presented as philosophical more than an objective truth. I will be using biblical understandings for reference, but do not mistake my wording as a system of religious belief..just a contemplation

Now then.

The word of God is infallable and perfect
This is one of the main tenants of the nature of god. he is the truth, the answer. What the bibles and holy scripts across the land is a attempt to understand and uncover the "word of god".
Yet, each religion established over time has fallen and shown to be false. Why is this? Deities come and go in our history all the time. Religious understandings are shown false all the time.

So, what is actually showing a unbendable truth as it progresses? Science.
Now, science is always changing..but its actually not..the nature of reality is constant, our understanding of it is like a slow uncovering over time..some mistakes corrected, some assumptions proven false and others true..but the truth is being revealed.

Ask and you shall have answers. Science asks, and the answers do come.

Religions all over the world doesn't ask, they simply answer, and the answers are constantly proven false. Even when the false doctrains are proven to be that, they still demand and cling to perpetuating a false knowledge (word) until a new false doctrain comes along.

Is Science the true word of God and the religions of today the lie?

In such a complex universe/multiverse, we may though thousands to millions of years of scientific understandings uncover a grand system of intent and order. Science is the only way to uncover this in its own words..religion attempts to supress the findings (the finding of truth..and the truth is God).

Thoughts? additions? sutractions?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Heya ATSers

First off, disclosure: I am agnostic-athiest and find the subject presented as philosophical more than an objective truth. I will be using biblical understandings for reference, but do not mistake my wording as a system of religious belief..just a contemplation

Now then.

The word of God is infallable and perfect
This is one of the main tenants of the nature of god. he is the truth, the answer. What the bibles and holy scripts across the land is a attempt to understand and uncover the "word of god".
Yet, each religion established over time has fallen and shown to be false. Why is this? Deities come and go in our history all the time. Religious understandings are shown false all the time.

So, what is actually showing a unbendable truth as it progresses? Science.
Now, science is always changing..but its actually not..the nature of reality is constant, our understanding of it is like a slow uncovering over time..some mistakes corrected, some assumptions proven false and others true..but the truth is being revealed.

Ask and you shall have answers. Science asks, and the answers do come.

Religions all over the world doesn't ask, they simply answer, and the answers are constantly proven false. Even when the false doctrains are proven to be that, they still demand and cling to perpetuating a false knowledge (word) until a new false doctrain comes along.

Is Science the true word of God and the religions of today the lie?

In such a complex universe/multiverse, we may though thousands to millions of years of scientific understandings uncover a grand system of intent and order. Science is the only way to uncover this in its own words..religion attempts to supress the findings (the finding of truth..and the truth is God).

Thoughts? additions? sutractions?

Starred and flagged SFX.

Religion is based on faith. Science is based on theory, experiment, and observation; ie do the observed results verify the theory or not.?

I would say that God gave us two things: a mind, and a curiosity to follow what we thought of.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
in my opinion, Love and Feeling are the language of God...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Science has proven to be fallible over and over again, like you said, slowly uncovering more of the truth over time but most often, never having hit the nail on the head.

The TRUE word of God is not.

I'm not here to debate your belief system, or anyone else's for that matter, but just look around you.... it doesn't take a religious person to realize the unfathomable intelligence that gave way to the rules of nature.

Science is nothing more than our interpretation of reality, and that doesn't mean it's correct since everyone sees their own reality differently.

It's apples to oranges IMHO. S&F for a thought provoking post.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

SciI'm not here to debate your belief system, or anyone else's for that matter, but just look around you.... it doesn't take a religious person to realize the unfathomable intelligence that gave way to the rules of nature.

Why is there this need in religious people to personify the order of things in nature?

If two carbon atoms fit in such and such a way, why do we need to attribute that to an intelligent designer that said - 'let carbon bind in such manner!'?

Actually, it DOES take a religious person to say that the laws of nature are part of intelligent design.

Kharron

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The word of God is unintelligible and should matter not to apes on a rock spinning millions of miles around a blazing inferno of hydrogen composite.

Now, if you changed you thread title to "Science: The one true Religion" I'd start to say that you are on to something.

Many holy books and holy people make outstanding claims of universal understanding or faith based living. However, all of these explanations and examples do nothing for the progress of mankind more than providing a false sense of comfort. This comfort finds itself in our minds not having to tackle the more daunting questions of existence. We take for granted the complexities by merely saying "God did it" or "Original Sin" or "Evil entities" or "The natural order"

This comfort does little more than coddle and pacify the mind of man. It places it at ease, and retards progress and general understanding. These holy teachings seem to disregard the how, categorizing it as unimportant, and providing a simple, juvenile why.

Science does something special for the mind of man. It seeks out the how, and attempts to formulate a why based upon compiled evidence that has been tested time and time again. Yes, it is ever changing and imperfect, but that's where its beauty lies. Due to its ever changing nature in seeking out the how, when, and why of reality, science always puts the mind of man at task. When man's mind is pushed, constantly to find answers through trial and error, great advancements occur. Science, and the search for the inner workings of things leads to an unlimited advancement that will indeed provide positive consequences to those who participate.
In Science, things can be tested. In Faith they can not. If there is disagreement, or a lack of consensus, then the methods are laid out before all those who seek truth. There is no war, destruction, or death when ideas conflict because it is all testable.

Science as the one true Religion can be seen as whatever the individual imagines: The inner workings of the universe, Understanding the Language of God, or what have you. There is no good or evil, only advancement and peace. Yes, like I mentioned earlier, there are failures. I will repeat. There are failures. However, these failures end up actually teaching us what paths do not exist and do well in pointing us towards the correct destination. Science can do what religion can not, and that is Unite man. We may not have all of the answers through Science right now, and we may try in vain to discover all and everything; however, one thing is certain, Science definitely provides more to the human species than religion ever could.
edit on 21-12-2010 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I always enjoy your posts...you should post more.

I will however disagree...religion is based on believing on faith. Why would a perfect being require a belief based on faith when the answer is right there in front of you

I see religion...all these deity based religions, to be a sort of anti-god pro imperfection stance. Science qualifies as a true understanding and attempt to "hear" the word of god through truth.

the concept of God is truth...the concept of science is to understand and find truth. science rejects faith, and truth requires no faith...religion by its very nature, requires faith, which makes it ungodly.

the word of god (the hearing of truth) seems most approprate...we just need to adjust our hearing better

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
in my opinion, Love and Feeling are the language of God...

I think that might be the first star I have given you, but I have a disagreement with you even with that. heh

I think love and feeling is the underlying language of life...or at least, its a good ideal to work towards.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I like the thought.

I like it a lot.

Next time I see a priest, and he starts talking bible at me, I shall tell him that he speaks not the language of God - I have seen His/Her/Them/Its creation, and I have seen that God Loves Beetles. Therefore, I shall not pray, nor eat of any holy bread nor wine, nay, I shall not become intoxicated by the heady fumes of churchly incense, nor raise my voice in worthless song.

I shall please God by being nice to beetles.

EDIT - unless he/she/they/it place the beetle in my path, in which case I shall know that it is his/her/their/its will that that beetle must die, and I shall crush it underfoot.
edit on 21/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would say so. In a metaphorical/philosophical sense.

Science is the nearest thing we have to a universal truth, if there even is a such thing. Science is always there, even if you don't want to acknowledge it. Science doesn't care if you don't believe in it, it will still be there, all around you, every day. A religious person could choose to not believe or put any faith into science, but that doesn't mean they can turn off gravity, for example.

If I want to choose to not believe in a religion, that is fairly easy to do since most religion is based off blind faith. But for a person to disbelieve science...that must be far more hard in comparison, because science just is. Some people refer to believing in science as a blind faith. I call science a rational faith.

In contrast to religion though, science is obviously less of a "blind" faith (no matter which way a religious person tries to look at it) because it is grounded in much more tangible proof than religion. Anyone who calls science a blind faith is just hypocritical then. At the very most you might call science one-eyed faith
but I feel that it's a rational faith. A rational faith (even though it is still faith in essence) is better than an irrational faith, no?

But that is where the problem comes in with science and religion. Religious people view their own beliefs as THE universal truth, the only universal truth, which is clearly wrong because of all the varying beliefs people regard as a "the" universal truth. If there were a universal truth, there could be only one. In way of reason and logic, science is the only thing there is that could possibly be considered an actual universal truth, or the potential candidate for universal truth, in my opinion.

When you take away all those various beliefs that claim universal truth but cannot prove it, science is all that's left standing.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

SaturnFX,

What is failing is not the infallable Word of God but mens failure to see and hear even though they have eyes and ears but neither see nor hear, only what they want to. So the result is the perfectly predicted result, a great falling away. Christians are fast falling away from the truth in the churches of that Word and many more are leaving in flocks. It is perfectly predicted that little faith, true followers, would be found when He comes. That Word is proving it is true all the time. All are listening for smooth things without surrender and obedience.

Anyway I leave you to your way, many are with you.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think science is one of the many voices of god. it is a human representation of what is already happening.

However, i also feel it is as susceptible to politics, pride, greed, bias, etc as anything else that humans partake in. the only danger is that very few will actually question it as such.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
http:youtu.be/PMkTuy4RE4w Things Jesus told us to watch for in the generation of his coming

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mikethebike82

If the universe is the creation of a divine being, then science and revelation are only way human beings have yet found to understand the mind of that creator. And revelation has been a bit of a disappointment.

Science is not so much the word of God as a psychological examination of Him.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
its my own personal opion that nature science and the bible or faith both tie in togther to reveal God. I belive Gods 2 books are nature and the bible . The first book the bible is compriised of inspired scriptures of the jewish and christain faith for special revelation. The scriptures are considered specail in part because if God had not chosen human writers who where insprired by the spirit of truth to disclose this unique and specfic knowleage we would not be aware of it . The second of Gods two revelations is the book of nature - science or gerneral revelation. This is the record about our Creator that is discovered in the natural worls around us. It showcases the handiwork of God in the creation and serves as the recored of his direct and inderect actions in earth and human history. According to the bible God reveals himself not only through inspired words of scripture but also through the book of nature - science. The apostle paul wrote since the creation of the world thr Creators invisiblle attributes are clearly seen being understood by the things that are made even his eternal power and Godhead. Hebrews the heavens declare the Glory of God and the firmament shows his handiworks. Nature science general revelation which is readable to everyone willing to look makes knownGods glory . His hadiwork power and moral perfection to control and alter natural forces and i belive science is trying to understand and read nature or Gods works

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Good day.

Greetings folks.

Just want to share a piece of my mind here.

Is science the true word of God? I would say - No.
-Because, there is no endpoint in science, and I don't think God will burden his subjects
with such a well...confusing...statement.

But there exist the true words of God,
And the true words of God are contained in a holy book. And that is Koran. (Al-Quran)

But before any question arise,

This is the most important point to ponder,

Of all the gods that exist in this world, there is only one God, ONLY ONE...who has give you
His own guarantee that:
1- That is actually His words.
2- And that He will guard His words till the end of time.

That's it. Feel free.

edit on 23-12-2010 by natgar because: edit.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by natgar

you can't even prove any god exists let alone one! So how can you prove it's gods words if you cant prove a god exists?

Gotcha there! The concept of faith is not an exceptable answer!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
some people are so blind! Jesus can heal them so I've heard...

What is the point in someone trying to prove God when God is right in front of everyones face ?

This only begets arguing because the blind can not see, why try to tell a blind person when we can just hope and pray that they will get this said vision.

Science proves God yet those not schooled well enough in science can not understand this, I believe it is the fault of the seeker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join