It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Moment of Silence for Internet Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's here: FCC adopts net neutrality (lite)

After years of debating, infighting, wrangling in court, and mostly just waiting, the Federal Communications Commission has approved an Order that will adopt "basic rules of the road to preserve the open Internet as a platform for innovation, investment, competition, and free expression." Net neutrality has finally arrived—but it's not what backers of the idea thought they'd be getting. "Today for the first time the FCC is adopting rules to preserve basic Internet values," declared FCC Chair Julius Genachowski, who called the Order "a strong sensible non-ideological framework that protects Internet freedom."

arstechnica.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
It's here: FCC adopts net neutrality (lite)

After years of debating, infighting, wrangling in court, and mostly just waiting, the Federal Communications Commission has approved an Order that will adopt "basic rules of the road to preserve the open Internet as a platform for innovation, investment, competition, and free expression." Net neutrality has finally arrived—but it's not what backers of the idea thought they'd be getting. "Today for the first time the FCC is adopting rules to preserve basic Internet values," declared FCC Chair Julius Genachowski, who called the Order "a strong sensible non-ideological framework that protects Internet freedom."

arstechnica.com...

Good God, talk about Orwellian newspeak..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
the world wide web
may you rest in pieces

died: 12/21/2010

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the world wide web
may you rest in pieces

died: 12/21/2010

So the death of the internet coincides on the same day as the winter solstice lunar eclipse, great...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I hate posting the same thing in 2 threads on the same subject but:
I really don't know what else to say anymore, if it's not obvious by now then I don't think people will ever wake up. I guess we get the kind of leadership we deserve, garbage in ---- garbage out. Time to blow the dust of the old c.b. radio and disconnect seeing as we seem to slowly be regressing to the 1970's. Might as well go all out. We can bring back the traveling encyclopedia salespeople, re join AAA for discounts on paper maps etc.....

new topics

top topics

join