It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand to disclose UFO files - within a week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the link...some intriguing stuff....just from skimming it. Definitely going to take some time and go through these. I've scanned through the first 3 books so far, and some really wild stuff....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I thought the aliens wearing "pharaoh like masks" is pretty interesting. For years its been speculated that the ancient gods in Egypt wear aliens. Maybe the kings wear just trying to mimic them.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Television coverage of this release at:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I doubt it's gonna be something significant. Lots of counties have released really poor UFO docs. I doubt it's gonna be different. Maybe it's a step forward to disclosure, the people seeing more and more countries are open to the possibility of aliens...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Coverage here in England's mainstream media continues, as does the rather light-hearted (or downright dismissive) tone of the other coverage of this release.

The website of the Daily Mail newspaper includes the following:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Those green men aren't so little: New Zealand UFO files describe alien with size 440 shoes

The idea that UFOs contain 'little' green men has been stomped into stardust if the New Zealand Defence Force's files are to be believed because witnesses describe an alien with size 440 feet.

Among the most baffling claims is one from a man who said that in 1995 he met an alien with size 440 shoes, who told him that on death man ascends to space as hydrogen atoms.

It is unclear how the man was able to accurately measure the alien's shoe size, or where the extra-terrestrial bought his outsized footwear, but thankfully the life form did provide some information.

'You will remain in hydrogen form for 150 years. Then it will change to sodium,' the alien reportedly said.

However, the same article does say:

But among the more fanciful entries are some cases which have led to calls for greater scrutiny.

Perhaps the most high-profile of them is a case from December 1978 in which the crew of a cargo plane flying over the South Island reported bright lights above the town of Kaikoura.

The close encounter was backed up by grainy video footage filmed by a news crew for the state-owned broadcaster Television New Zealand.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The trouble is that our press here in the UK does love to 'make light' of UFO reports, they go through them , pick out the fun stuff and then trivialise most of it.

Whatever disclosure is it will never come from these published reports.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
The trouble is that our press here in the UK does love to 'make light' of UFO reports

Well, the press coverage here in the UK of the files released by the British government has generally been fairly sensible and free of ridicule.

The coverage of the New Zealand release seems generally to have a more dismissive tone.

This may simply be because some of the content of the files released in New Zealand contains some, um, high strangeness content.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi

There are some New Zealand Government UFO files which are still to be released.

My co-blogger, Pauline Wilson has just posted the following at our blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

"Today's post sees me taking another look at the New Zealand Government's UFO files release. Rather, I am taking a look at what is not yet available. For you see, there are other NZ Government UFO files which are not part of the batch released by the NZ Defence Force (NZDF).

I decided to check the files which are listed on the Archives New Zealand website
at click here against the list of files released by the NZDF. There are five files listed in the Archives which were not released by the NZDF as they are not NZDF files.

The other NZ UFO files:

1. Miscellaneous Files - UFO [Unidentified Flying Objects] Affair (1978 Kaikoura incident)- The Truth is Out There.
Agency: CAHG Accession CH135 Box 36/1 1979-1979.
This file is open to the public.

2. Political Affairs - Outer Space - Unidentified Flying Objects [UFOs]
Reference: ABHS 6958 W5579/227 1972-1982.
Details on accessing this file cannot be found.

3. Public Weather Service - Flying Saucers and Unidentified Flying Objects [UFOs]
Agency: BAIB Series 4052 Box 376 Record no 2/13 1956-1988.
This file is open to the public.

4. Support Services - Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) - General
Agency: AAAJ Series 965 Accession W 3239 Box 180 Record no 37/21/1 Pt 1 1972-1972.
Access to this file is restricted by the agency, which is the Commissioner of Police.

5. Support Services - Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO)- General
Agency: AAAJ Series 965 Accession W4443 Box 103 Record no 37/21/1 Pt 1 1972-1972.
Access to this file is restricted by the agency, which is the Commissioner of Police.

Comment:

Re items 4 &5. These files probably relate to the 1972 Ashbourne, NZ, space debris event, mentioned in NZDF file AIR 244/10/1 Volume 1...

I wonder if anyone in New Zealand has copies of any of these other NZ Government UFO files, they can share with us?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join