It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand to disclose UFO files - within a week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
New Zealand is about to become the latest addition to the growing list of countries that have disclosed their UFO files.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Thousands of secret files on New Zealand's UFO reports are set to be made public, nearly 32 years to the day after our most famous sighting.

The files include every witness account of unidentified flying objects reported to authorities since the early 1950s, including the 1978 Kaikoura mystery.

They had been held by Archives New Zealand, which was to make them available in February after requests from the public, but the Defence Force stepped in, saying it needed to remove personal identification to comply with the Privacy Act.

The Defence Force promised to release the files by the end of this year and is due to make them public this week.

More than 2000 pages of files will be issued in 12 volumes. Squadron Leader Kavae Tamariki said the Defence Force would not comment on the files' content.

"We've just been a collection point for the information. We don't investigate or make reports, we haven't substantiated anything in them."

Many of you have probably heard of "1978 Kaikoura mystery" referred to in this article. Just in case, here are a few videos (and just me know if you want a list of references to discussion of this incident in various UFO books):

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 21-12-2010 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I look forward to it, I don't think it will change much though. Some random sightings by people..a few blurry photos of lights that could be anything, etc...the same ole same ole that most other places have released already

-shrugs-

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't think this is disclosure
only releasing files that people
made to public authorities.
However, the files may shed some
new light on some of the details
of events not previously known.
But it's a step in the right direction

And Isaac, it is good to see you posting
again. I do sorely miss your research
work you use to post on the forum.
You are an asset to this forum.
best wishes
boon

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I don't think this is disclosure
only releasing files that people
made to public authorities.
However, the files may shed some
new light on some of the details
of events not previously known.
But it's a step in the right direction

I am actually seeing it could be a step in the wrong direction.
We are getting truckloads of reports and such..one would think this is good, however, with information overload, less truely remarkable cases tend to get buried in the mountain.

I think the old saying, less is best, may be in order here. Find the absolute remarkable cases and highlight those ones out from the rest so the people won't become disenchanted with seeing a million cases of someone "seeing something bright in the sky"

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

At last , I was wondering when they would finally release these , thanks for the heads up Isaac
S+F
I would like to add this excellent in depth thread on the Kaikoura UFO sightings by ziggystar60 .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hello, are you having a nice solstice? Be sure to clean up after your sacrifice.
OK, seriously, I don't click on video links because it chews up too much of my internet credit, so, as a result, I miss 90% of the stuff here, but I did see the original footage all those years ago & guess what, my ex girlfriend & I were privy to a personal encounter a few years later(1982).
The quite spectacular show we were treated to was very similar, no, identical to the sighting in the NZ footage. This is how I know that the footage is genuine & the craft in our experience was also.
As in the footage, which I havent seen since it aired, the object moved not in a straight line, but in a kind of zig-zag. Sort of how flies sometimes move. Not a strict zig-zag but an unpredictable zigging & zagging. Now what kind of man-made aircraft does that? As it zig-zagged it also moved from the North West towards us at about the same altitude a normal plane would fly at.
Another incredible feature was the colours: there was the usual red & green of an aircraft(flashing, not constant) but there was also now and again colours like silver & gold, beautiful colours, the really striking part of this was that when the craft flashed a colour whilst behind a piece of cloud, the whole cloud or large parts of it would illuminate with that colour, it was truly spectacular.
Here's another point to consider: when the show started to conclude, it went back the way it came(zig zagging), now an aircraft will come from one area of the sky & usually go to an airport at the other end, what comes from the NW & returns to the NW?
I'm quite short sighted & unfortunately didnt have my glasses, I was sad to see it go. Say what you like, why would I lie?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
And Isaac, it is good to see you posting
again. I do sorely miss your research
work you use to post on the forum.

Thanks for the kind words boondock-saint. I've got a few things in store for ATS that I've been working on for quite a while. Work and family commitments mean that it difficult to find time to finish things off...

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Find the absolute remarkable cases and highlight those ones out from the rest so the people won't become disenchanted with seeing a million cases of someone "seeing something bright in the sky"

Well, the problem is that someone has to go through the piles of material and sort the wheat from the chaff - and there is a heck of a lot of chaff in most raw collections of UFO reports.

Even when someone or a group does go through piles of material, all too often nothing is published or shared - which is perfectly understandable since negative results are fairly unexciting and virtually all of us have very little time for ufology.
edit on 21-12-2010 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm already preparing myself to be underwhelmed.

Whenever this happens, it turns out to be a lot of already known sightings, or those that are literally "unidentified," and not tremendously interesting, valuable, or illuminating. Prove me wrong, New Zealand! Prove me wrong!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Another press report from New Zealand on the forthcoming release (basically repeating the information at the first link above):

tvnz.co.nz...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Pronanly keep a few people up all night going over these files but I doubt they would release any smoking guns, that's IF they have any..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is a link to the so far released UFO files from New Zealand. I had a quick glance through a couple of the books and found nothing of much interest. Well, apart from some serious crackpots who spent a few years writing letters to the Defence Dept etc. That was a hoot!!

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
New Zealand is about to become the latest addition to the growing list of countries that have disclosed their UFO files.

Files now released.

They CAN BE FOUND HERE.

More press reports are popping up, including:

www.news.com.au...

Breaking news NZ releases 55 years of UFO files

THE New Zealand military has released hundreds of previously classified reports detailing claims of unidentified flying object (UFO) sightings and alien encounters.

The reports, dating from 1954 to 2009, have been released under freedom of information laws after the New Zealand Defence Force removed names and other identifying material.

In about 2000 pages of documents, members of the public, military personnel and commercial pilots outline close encounters, mostly involving moving lights in the sky.

Some of the accounts include drawings of flying saucers, descriptions of aliens wearing "pharaoh masks" and alleged examples of extraterrestrial writing.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Thousands of secret reports on New Zealand UFO sightings have been released, detailing mysterious unexplained sightings from the public and military personnel.

The files include every witness account of unidentified flying objects reported to authorities since early 1952, including the infamous 1978 Kaikoura mystery.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The press here in Britain is now starting to report on the release.

The website of The Telegraph newspaper has the following story with the rather light-hearted (ridiculing?) title:
Alien with size 440 shoe among New Zealand UFO sightings

A giant alien with size 440 shoes is among extraterrestrial beings encountered over the past 60 years, according to previously secret documents made public by the New Zealand Defence Force on Wednesday.

The reports, detailing "sightings" of unidentified flying objects and their operators, range from the downright wacky to the intriguing.

Accounts came from people in all walks of life, including air force personnel, commercial airline pilots and passengers on aircraft, and even a New Zealand prime minister took a close interest in one case.

The more than 2,000 pages of documents dating back to the early 1950s had not been due for publication until the year 2050, but were released after requests under freedom of information laws.

Many reports include sketches of flying saucers and aliens, one showing a human-like figure dressed in silvery material with a wide belt, helmet and visor.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
The website of The Telegraph newspaper has the following story with the rather light-hearted (ridiculing?) title:
Alien with size 440 shoe among New Zealand UFO sightings

The rather light-hearted tone continues in the coverage of this release.

See, for example, the headline on the Sciblogs website:
The UFO files – journalists try to keep straight faces

which includes the following:

Right now political journalists in Wellington are leafing through documents released by Archives New Zealand and the Defence Force which detail witness accounts of unidentified flying object sightings around New Zealand back to the 1950s.

I’ve spoken to a number of journalists today who sheepishly revealed they’d been roped into the effort to cover the release of the 2000 documents and were looking for scientific angles to the story.

Well, there are lots of those and I’m glad to receive the calls, because the last thing we need is people like Suzanne Hansen hogging this story – as she did today when she was featured in the Dominion Post’s front page lead. Hansen is the director of the “research group” UFOCUS and in the Dominion Post describes how she has been fortunate enough to sight a UFO not once, but numerous times in her life, the first when she was just eight years old.

Now the papers that have been released today detail only witness reports of UFO sightings, not Defence Force analysis of those reports. Indeed, Squadron Leader Kavae Tamariki told the Dominion Post that the Defence Force did not have resources to investigate UFOs so had not been able to substantiate anything outlined in the eyewitness reports.

What we are are likely to see in the documents then is a random collection of anecdotes – many credible-sounding, many incredible, that between them will likely bear all the hallmarks of previous UFO sighting – from saucer-shaped craft to unexplained lights in the night sky moving in formation

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The press-reports of this release are starting to get a bit more detailed about the content.

For example, the website of The Telegraph newspaper now has a story giving examples of the relevant files which includes the following:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

1. A man who in 1995 met the giant alien with size 440 shoes says the being told him that on dying humans ascend as hydrogen atoms. "You will remain in hydrogen form for 150 years. Then it will change to sodium."

2. Sinister forces reported to be criss-crossing the sky over Auckland, the country's largest city, with what looked like aircraft contrails in May 1999. "A vast many people in Auckland will suffer flu-like sickness," the alarmed writer warned.

3. In one of the earliest reports, a UFO enthusiast wrote in to say that a witness had described seeing a "strange bowl-shaped object" fall from a clear sky. "As the object fell it made a hissing sound, hit the wharf pier he was standing on, and then bounced high and landed on a government survey vessel."

4. A writer reproduced what were described as samples of alien writing.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In addition to the above link to the files, I've put together a list of the files here, with direct links to the PDFs.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
excellent thread. very informative thanx

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Does disclosure mean it is just disclosure for the people in that country? I heard UFOs were disclosed in Brazil, does that mean that we have to be some big researcher who has access or know where to go to find such documents? It sure doesn't make any difference the people here in the US, the place the has the most evidence of alien visitation.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Good thread Isaac. I find this all really interesting. The reason as much as the content themselves.

If countries have been accumulating all these case files for decades why are they all releasing now, at intervals.

Is it:

a) Co-incidence

b) Bureaucratic bandwagon jumping

c) Preparing to be able to deny all knowledge of something. "This is a shock to us folks, we released everything we knew last year".

Although I suspect option B is most likely, option C intrigues me. :-)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Book 1 Page 43

Crazy stuff about chem trails above Bakersfield,Ca. To close to home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join