It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas candle, post yours x

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well here we are Xmas is upon us again, Though a time of joy fro many this time of year also brings sadness to many, Those who have lost a loved one or are without there family's,

For me the last month has brought great sadness for me, I lost my grandmother who i cared for 24/7 for almost 20 years, she was wheel chair bound and had a number of illness's.

christmas brings joy as i will be around my family but such sadness that she wont be here to be with me,

Ill miss making her a stocking like a child, and waking her up Xmas day to see her smile,

So my candle goes to her this year to let her know that im always thinking of her,

And also to our ATS friend William one sac who left us earlier in the year,

so this is to you x

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/326d8a1fbbd2.jpg[/atsimg]

Please post and share your candle for a loved one you will be without this year x

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My family will be without my brother's son, Ken. RIP, sweetheart.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/387403c3a5f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Too many to name throughout the years..none of which anyone here knows

so, for ATS, lets say this is for jkrog08. I quite enjoyed his posts.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4439e3d8264.jpg[/atsimg]
(figured something like this is more approprate then a candle for someone like him)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My father passed away peacefully in his sleep 8 years ago this Christmas eve. I have never shed a tear for him as he taught me not to be afraid for him and he was not only prepared, but looking forward to seeing "the other side".

I miss you Dad, and hope that in your next life, you will have as much as a positive impact on someone else's life the way that you did on mine.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f02b2e69d74.gif[/atsimg]

I cannot say the same though for Justin, who makes me shed a tear every time I think about him. Never has a young man had such an impact on me, and caused me to look at myself and change for the better. Such a bright future and the world was indeed his.

I miss you Justin and hope that you have found some peace. And thank-you..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f02b2e69d74.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56728aa40a0f.jpg[/atsimg]

7=7 ............it makes so much sense to me now..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It has only been 3 years since you have passed on from here Dad, but somehow it seems like so much longer. Words simply cannot express the profound impact you have had on my life. I have always treasured your wisdom, your humor and your love. You have always loved Christmas and made it magical no matter how old we got. Outside there is a light blanket of snow, houses are lit with their little lights and here I am thinking of you and wishing you were here. Merry Christmas Dad, with love always.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
::EDIT:: Sorry didnt understand the post.. should have read it..

If i were to add a candle for someone.. It would be Ray.. he was the coolest guy i ever met.. he was a Young Life councilor and helped the community alot.. It was i think the only time i was sad in my life to lose someone.. I didnt cry because i will see him again.. but knowing that he isnt around when i need someone to talk to and that would help me out all the time kinda sucks.. But i deal with it or try to.. I made a post about him a yr ago after he died.. Didnt get alot of attn but meh.. the point was I remembered..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would really light a candle for him.. he was the closest guy (Church person) I would rate up there with jesus.. he gave unconditional love to many many kids in the area i lived in.. he was awesome...
edit on 12/21/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
It has only been 3 years since you have passed on from here Dad, but somehow it seems like so much longer. Words simply cannot express the profound impact you have had on my life. I have always treasured your wisdom, your humor and your love. You have always loved Christmas and made it magical no matter how old we got. Outside there is a light blanket of snow, houses are lit with their little lights and here I am thinking of you and wishing you were here. Merry Christmas Dad, with love always.

Beautiful, Night. We never truly lose someone because they are always in our hearts. People pass on to a better place and they can watch over us. My Christmas will be merry with a good friend like you in it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Neurolanis

Thank you so much Neurolanis! That means a lot to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A lovely thread idea Asala, and I'm very sorry for your loss, and everyone else's here too.

I've just lit a candle for my good friend Steve, who passed a few years ago. I'll not cry or be upset though - because given his tenacity - I just know he must've successfully reincarnated himself into Paris Hilton. Paris - if you're feeling like Steve - you're not going nuts! He just idolized and loved you so much, and so wished to be you.

I hope he is, or a reasonable facsimile. A great man who deserved all the happiness he brought to others.

"Why can't I be gay, Hank? I had it all! Money, women, fancy clothes....." - Bill Dauterive, King Of The Hill.

This was Steve's favorite line from his favorite episode

I miss you Steve and am always reminded watching KOTH. Remember how we used to sit around and drink beer and watch cartoons? Ah, all the fun and laughs we had! Remember when you teased me mercilessly for falling asleep on the toilet?
I remember all the great times and smile. But we'll see each other again one day

Shalom and a Peaceful Holiday Season to all ~

~ Zoe

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is a warm place ... And i can't stop thinking of my grandma who left me two months ago, she is so kind-hearted to everyone, i miss her smile and words ,but i can't hug her anymore , i know she can't hear me , but i still want to say "Merry Christmas,grannie".

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Great thread idea that you had here Asala.

This candle is for the loved ones we have lost over the years. I lost my great-grandmother back in Feburary of this year at the age of 95. After her husband died in 1991, she became a shut-in for the remaining nineteen years of her life on this Earth. After his death, she would not have any contact with the outside world. The only people she would get in contact with were her neighbors and my late aunt who lived and my uncle who still lives beside the house in Kentucky.

This candle goes out to one of the local volunteer fire departments here that lost two members this past year. One of the members was lost back in March while trying to get people out of floodwaters in Raleigh County, WV when the boat he was in overturned. The second member was lost in a tractor trailer accident about three weeks ago. It's hard on a department like this when they lose just one member, but two in one year is just devastating to a volunteer department. Especially one as close knit as what the Glasgow Volunteer Fire Departments serves.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
well thank you and i bid you a merry christmas and a very happy new year

top topics

join