It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General's Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Attorney General's Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks

abcnews.go.com

Attorney General Eric Holder has an urgent message for Americans: While he is confident that the United States will continue to thwart attacks, "the terrorists only have to be successful once."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It would seem from this article that the Atty Gen is about to embark upon a new path which would put us all in the same boat. IE: If you don't like what BigGov is doing, you are a terrorist.

He laments, "It is one of the things that keeps me up at night," Holder said. "You didn't worry about this even two years ago -- about individuals, about Americans, to the extent that we now do. And -- that is of -- of great concern."

"The ability to go into your basement, turn on your computer, find a site that has this kind of hatred spewed ... they have an ability to take somebody who is perhaps just interested, perhaps just on the edge, and take them over to the other side," he said.

This is alarming that the Atty Gen of the US has now decided that WE are the enemy.

What are your thoughts?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

"The ability to go into your basement, turn on your computer, find a site that has this kind of hatred spewed ... they have an ability to take somebody who is perhaps just interested, perhaps just on the edge, and take them over to the other side," he said.

I don't think he has to worry about people with computers, the F.B.I. has cornered the market with this type of behavior.
Seriously, who is this idiot kidding? The sad part is, he has the power to make things worse. This is just Government's way of telling you want is to come.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
If you don't like what BigGov is doing, you are a terrorist.

well I guess since I don't like what
big brother is doing, Eric considers me
a terrorist. I can live with that.
However, I call myself by another name,
American Patriot.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

If you don't like what BigGov is doing, you are a terrorist.

well I guess since I don't like what
big brother is doing, Eric considers me
a terrorist. I can live with that.
However, I call myself by another name,
American Patriot.

Me to.
Guess we are a threat to BigGov.
This is what happens when those in charge think of themselves as being higher than those they "serve".

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I find it disturbing that these officials can just go online, find a website they don't agree with, and then blame said site for being the catalyst for them removing my rights by saying that THAT website is going to bring people to the dark side.

MM
edit on 21-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They are certainly laying plenty of groundwork before the end of the year. Note taken. Gotta get the Internet tightened up. Check. We'll know more on that in a couple of hours.

Holder was certainly intent on specifically addressing "Homegrown terrorists" in this interview/statement. The message is clear. Lookout ATS...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yep, we gotta ban those citizens who log on to the internest in their basements.
All that is left to do is create a false flag "attack" by a citizen then go for confiscation..."to protedt us", of course.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

It's scary to be honest. This guy acts as if he is going to be harmed. This whole scheme is designed to make Americans more paranoid. Don't be too patriotic or else you're a terrorist. Don't be a Muslim!! You're a terrorist. Don't be too anti-American. More paranoia equals a greater risk of terrorism because 1) people are expecting it and 2) people are likely to believe anything the news gives them and 3) mistake or not, the "terrorist" is caught.

Terrorism = Fear = Control = Security = immense power of the government over its own people. If there was ever a greater time for revolution - now is the time.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, there you have it---Now they have finally said out loud what ATSers KNEW was coming:

You and I are now the terrorists according to these people.

1984 come to life folks.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
They are certainly laying plenty of groundwork before the end of the year. Note taken. Gotta get the Internet tightened up. Check. We'll know more on that in a couple of hours.

Holder was certainly intent on specifically addressing "Homegrown terrorists" in this interview/statement. The message is clear. Lookout ATS...

The "issues" BigGov is working on are converging to cancel all our abilities to organize legitimate protest to TPTB.
ATS could be at risk.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well. This ones been on the horizon for a long while.
Weather you like or dislike Alex Jones, he has been saying for ages that the next terror threat that the US government would use would be the " homegrown ".
The FBI have been setting Muslims up with false-flag terror alerts at the airports ( underwear bomber ) which brought in the Body scanners.
Now that the American people are complaining about the scanners and pat-downs, they`re using another angle.
I urge all Americans to speak up and nip this in the bud before they totally take away all your freedom.
This is a complete joke.

They are the criminals !!!!!
Not YOU !!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It would seem from this article that the Atty Gen is about to embark upon a new path which would put us all in the same boat. IE: If you don't like what BigGov is doing, you are a terrorist.

.. snip ..

This is alarming that the Atty Gen of the US has now decided that WE are the enemy.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is a gross exaggeration and misrepresentation of what he says in that article. If you bothered to read it, without "reading into" it, you'd see that he's saying that we're seeing a trend in Muslim extremists that are American citizens, which will make dealing with them much more difficult, because it's no longer a matter of keeping nuts out of the country -- they're already here.

I see nothing in that interview that says "if you don't like what BigGov is doing, you are a terrorist." I do see him saying "being an American citizen doesn't give you a license to kill your fellow citizens." Tough to argue with that.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

TPTB are going crazy with ID'ing everyone as a terrorist.

Check this article regarding what police are to look for as indication that a person is a terrorist:

www.prisonplanet.com...

Some indications of terrorists according to A Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Law Enforcement pamphlet:

- Being a “nice guy”

- Wearing Levi jeans

- Communicating predominantly by cell phone, email or text message

- Looking “normal” in appearance

- Renting a car

- Staying in a hotel or apartment

- Renting a storage facility

- Using cash to make large purchases

- Using pre-paid cellphones or hand-held radios

- Owning large amounts of medicines, alcohol, or baby formula

and on and on...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

"It is one of the things that keeps me up at night," Holder said. "You didn't worry about this even two years ago -- about individuals, about Americans, to the extent that we now do. And -- that is of -- of great concern." "The threat has changed from simply worrying about foreigners coming here, to worrying about people in the United States, American citizens -- raised here, born here, and who for whatever reason, have decided that they are going to become radicalized and take up arms against the nation in which they were born," he said.

Funny, I could say the same thing about the our government as of late. And can one really "decide to become radicalized?" He makes it sound like it happens on a whim or something.

Gee whiz, how are we supposed to feel about a group that takes away our work, takes away our rights, won't let us speak ill of them, spies on our every move, etc etc??

Honestly, these statements by this man are quite literally terrorizing me. I am not the least bit comfortable that MY government feels this way and speaks this way about MY fellow citizens.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It would be a huge mistake if they came after the internet considering this is the biggest sedative for the American population. More effective than heroin. Every time America has a problem, what do Americans do? Bitch about it on the internet. If they take the net away, we'll start remember we have pitchforks and guns with no outlet for our frustration. I wish these worthless #s would actually concentrate on real problems like bull# wars, a shattered economy, or rampant corruption throughout the entire system... but I guess that's asking too much out of a system that's only designed to enslave and rape it's citizenry.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

There is a clear goal in mind for the current administration and its bevy of Czars. One of the objectives necessary to reach the goal is to essentially overwhelm and collapse the current system of governance. They must first destroy the old before they can create the new.

Moves like this from Holder's office, DHS and today's FCC vote on further internet controls are all components of the greater scheme. They are "nudging" the systems ... A subtle "nudge" here and there eventually leads up to a shove!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Its all about timing

Secretary Napolitano Announces Expansion of "If You See Something, Say Something" Campaign to Walmart Stores Across the Nation

See if I stock up on cheap 9mm range ammo at Wal Mart anytime soon!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack

"It is one of the things that keeps me up at night," Holder said. "You didn't worry about this even two years ago -- about individuals, about Americans, to the extent that we now do. And -- that is of -- of great concern." "The threat has changed from simply worrying about foreigners coming here, to worrying about people in the United States, American citizens -- raised here, born here, and who for whatever reason, have decided that they are going to become radicalized and take up arms against the nation in which they were born," he said.

Funny, I could say the same thing about the our government as of late. And can one really "decide to become radicalized?" He makes it sound like it happens on a whim or something.

Gee whiz, how are we supposed to feel about a group that takes away our work, takes away our rights, won't let us speak ill of them, spies on our every move, etc etc??

Honestly, these statements by this man are quite literally terrorizing me. I am not the least bit comfortable that MY government feels this way and speaks this way about MY fellow citizens.

Exactly!
It is almost like BigGov doesn't give a damn about those they are pledged to "serve".
I can handle Al-CIA-DAH...not so sure about BigGov though.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeMaine
It would be a huge mistake if they came after the internet considering this is the biggest sedative for the American population. More effective than heroin. Every time America has a problem, what do Americans do? Bitch about it on the internet. If they take the net away, we'll start remember we have pitchforks and guns with no outlet for our frustration. I wish these worthless #s would actually concentrate on real problems like bull# wars, a shattered economy, or rampant corruption throughout the entire system... but I guess that's asking too much out of a system that's only designed to enslave and rape it's citizenry.

You nailed it!
Nothing more to add to that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join