It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie Troops Get Free Christmas Beer After Outcry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
SYDNEY - Australian soldiers serving in Afghanistan are to get a free Christmas Day beer after the government backed down Friday from plans to charge them 5 Australian dollars (4.94 US dollars) a can.
www.military.com...

This is just crazy man. Every service man from any Country should be entitled to free beer on Christmas for what they got to put up with on a daily basis. Breweries stepped up and said they would donate to the Soldiers for free.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Good for the breweries stepping up and giving them free beer.. Small recompense for what soldiers go through..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I agree 100% Its a small price to pay for their Countrymen risking their lives on a minute basis. Sheesh, it's the least they can do. Kind of sickening how our own Governments treat the people who are hired to protect their Country. Kudos to the breweries that donated.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

The breweries? Please, this is a heavensent present for these breweries in terms of marketing.

Besides, what are Australian soldiers doing in Afghanistan again?

Christmass? The holiday Western people are supposed to spend billions on irrelevant decorations and gifts that are mostly thrown away as soon as the next Christmass pokes its head around the corner because Coca Cola tells them to?

WHAT A SHAM.

Get together and appreciate the people around you, I dare you to not give presents at Christmass, I'm sure the egoist snakes will rear their head as soon as they hear they won't receive material things.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I dont agree with any wars.. But I also dont hold soldiers to blame for the idiotic decisions of the leaders.. Did my time and know from experience how governments and public treat soldiers.. Its a hard.. dirty job that no one should have to do but many choose to do willingly.. It may have been pr by the breweries but its still alot more than most would do for soldiers.. Ask any ex- soldier around the world how they get treated when no longer needed you will get pretty much the same answer regardless of what country theyre from..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

No offence but $5.00 is at least what I'll be paying in the pub on xmas day..
I'm all for soldiers and the "job" they chose but these guys are more than well paid..

Last time they had a whinge because they had to pay for their own $0.50 stamps..
What's next? Will we pay for the tissues too????

All I'll add is,

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I love the Australian Military.

Those boys deployed to the Pacific and I unloaded their plane. 1 pallet of gear......1 pallet of beer.....1 pallet of gear.....1 pallet of beer.

The pilot walked up to me and started talking to me like I was his long lost best friend. Every other word was the F-word and his breath was burning my eye balls.

Apparently there was a storm they had to fly their C-130's around and they were flying for many...many....many hours to get to where they were at.

I'm amazed at their intoxicated flying skills. They landed that plane smoother than our sober boys do.

You keep fighting for your Liberty Australian boys.....drink one for us poor saps who lost ours.

top topics

join