It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 census to show slowing US growth, GOP gains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

2010 census expected to show slowing US population growth, gain in House seats for GOP states

If government estimates hold true, the closely watched 2010 census will show America's once-torrid population growth dropping to its lowest level in seven decades. In Congress, the steady migration to the South and West should be a boon for Republicans, with GOP-leaning states led by Texas picking up House seats.

What this shows is that the United States population growth is slowing from 12% to 9% for the decade, the slowest growth since the 1930’s. The problem here is for Democrats because the Conservative states in the Southeast and the West are experiencing the fastest population growth in the nation leading to more House Districts for those states thus more delegates for the United States 2012 Presidential Election.

However we have another development alongside that. Much of the population growth in the South and West are from people emigrating from the Northeast and Midwest, relatively Liberal/Democrat bastions. This means that while more Districts will be gained in Republican states these states are becoming more politically competitive.

This means that Obama will have to try and win over more Southern and Western states if he wants to win the United States 2012 Presidential Election. Making it a lot more difficult for Obama if he does not somehow swing the vote in these Republican states.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
U.S. population grew 9.7% in the past decade to 308,745,538, the slowest rate since the Great Depression.

just go it from CNN alerts

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What this shows is that the United States population growth is slowing from 12% to 9% for the decade, the slowest growth since the 1930’s.

This gives me hope that the majority of Americans are using their brains, and realize that they shouldn't re-produce if they are going to have to depend on the government.

However, I don't know how accurate the findings/results are. My family, for one, didn't participate in the 2010 census. Maybe we are in the minority.

The problem here is for Democrats because the Conservative states in the Southeast and the West are experiencing the fastest population growth in the nation leading to more House Districts for those states thus more delegates for the United States 2012 Presidential Election.

However we have another development alongside that. Much of the population growth in the South and West are from people emigrating from the Northeast and Midwest, relatively Liberal/Democrat bastions. This means that while more Districts will be gained in Republican states these states are becoming more politically competitive.

This is only my opinion, but the influx to the South and West could be employment-related. Those from the NE and MW may now adapt to the Republican states philosophies (Texas is a good example) because they got sick of the costs and policies of the liberal and Democratic taxes and spending in their regions.

That is one of the reasons my family left California, albeit regrettably.

edit on 21-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

join