It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peaceful Revolt That Will Take Back Our Country In One Week in 8 easy steps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy your posts and mindset.
I used to think like that also...

I enjoy yours as well my friend. I look at them as the occasional tempest that tests the structural integrity of my house. Fortunately, I have yet to discover any cracks.

However, eventually you realize that ideals and a few bucks may get you a cup of coffee.
Reality...blast that reality and the way it always destroys ideals.

Strangely enough, some of Gandhi's closest friends used a similar analogy when he marched to the ocean to make salt in the traditional Indian fashion. Gandhi was but man. Imagine a world with two, three, maybe even four Gandhi's in it at the same time! Imagine!

His teachings were no more different than those of Jesus Christ. Imagine if all the Christians did what Jesus Commanded! Give back to Caesar that which belongs to Caesar, Love thy neighbor, judge none, etc. etc.

There is always hope my friend.

You can talk all day long of how things should be, and how people should love and share...but that is simply not accepting the world for what it is, and actually damages discussions on how to proceed.

I accept the world for what it is. The old empires are crumbling like they have throughout time. It is time man built a more permanent structure capable of withstanding the ravages of time. That would be a structure built on loving and caring for each other. Not judging and hating each other.

Your example of somolia not being free because people don't give them stuff is irony. They are free to try and find food, or die. What your suggesting is we remove their freedom in exchange for dependency..that is the opposite of freedom (albeit a much better way of life).

Have you been to Somalia my friend? Have you seen first hand the environment they live in? I have and I can assure you they are a people who need the help of the world to rebuild their country which they are not permitted by their neighbors to leave. Teaching them the technologies they need to feed themselves is not making them dependent, it is liberating them. Feeding them until it is up and going is not the opposite of Freedom, it is love. To turn your eye from a Brother or Sister in need as they cry out in the pains of starvation is the opposite of Love.

Here is the problem with threads like this, and mindsets like yours.
Its fully ideal driven and simply not in reality.
Instead of a real discussion to start a movement for transparency and accountability with the taxes...they demand a full repeal of a 150 year old institution..that simply won't happen, but all the energy spent on moving that mountain was not spent on moving the stone that possibly could be moved

The stone can be moved simply because someone has found a way to profit off of it being moved. The mountain remains because no one can profit personally from moving it. I will move the mountain because I do not care for personal profit. If it takes me a thousand life times, it will be moved!

pure idealism distracts from progression...and purists do more harm than good. inch by inch...find the fight worth fighting that actually can happen and that becomes a positive contribution.

Be patient my friend. You will witness the power of idealism in your lifetime. The old institutions are crumbling as I type this. They now are in their death throws. Can you not see the fear of death within them? Watch how they struggle and clamp down ever tighter on their illusion of control.

No, people are not going to stop going to work (because the second someone doesn't show up for work, another will be at the front door asking for that job)
No, people are not going to collectively start sharing their wealth to lesser nations without a fight...humans are simply not programmed that way...which is why governments are in place that either protects us from those asking for handouts, or occasionally give a handout when it suits the purpose of the represented masses..

You may be right my friend. Perhaps a reprogramming is needed.

The nature of collective humanity is greed and hoarding...this is actually very natural and allowed our species to crawl to the top of the food chain. Your ancestors were ruthless and greedy, which is why you are alive today...because they did grab the food from someone else to have for themselves..somewhere along the line, all people will find they decend from a monster (subjective term).

You are correct. We are the way we are because we know no better. I know better and therefore cannot support the status quo. Thank you to the status quo for bringing us this far, but your methods are no longer needed. It is time for Man to live at peace with his neighbor, to help one another, and to fullfill our greater destiny.

Look UP! There is a wonderous Universe waiting for us! God gave us a magical back yard to explore, it is time to do so.

It is not as simple as a choice...it is a darwinian evolutionary trait we have in our core being to survive.

Darwin was brilliant, but even he only looked at but a very small snapshot of Human evolution, and even that snapshot was only the PAST. Tomorrow is a new day.

Ideals are simple detatched psychology that rarely are realized..often because they go against the nature of our species as a whole...be it a desire for freedom (which even you demonstrated have no clue what freedom is..give stuff to me so I can be free. heh), or a desire for equality of nations.

You have the power over your nature. Only you my friend! Not I, not your neighbor, not the govenrment. That IS freedom.

As for freedom, I recognise that I cannot be free without aiding my fellow Brothers and Sisters around me out of love. If I choose to let them starve, I am not free for I now have to worry that they will come and kill me for my food. So, I give to them and teach them how to acquire their own food. Then we are both free. If I value material things more than I value my Brothers and Sisters, I am not free, but a slave to my own desires.

I hope one day we can change that...

Thats a good start my friend. The next step is to be the change you wish to see.

but I also hope one day I win the lotto

And I hope you will soon not have to rely on random chance to have all your desires fulfilled.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 21-12-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Again, I do not disagree with any of your points, I simply see them far too "big picture" and ultimately unhelpful.

The mountain is a good example here. walk to a mountain and try to push it..this is big picture..and it will fail, even if you push it for an eternity. it will not budge.

This is also the mindset of idealists. nice, but unrealistic.

What can happen is that you walk to a mountain and focus on a single stone..move that stone where it should be, then go back, moving another stone from the mountain. Eventually that mountain will be moved..piece by piece gradually. This is the only proven way it works.

The progressive movement in America is a perfect example of this. for over 150 years, progressives have been taking a single stone and moving it. eventually the stone does get to its proper place. Stone by stone over many many years, slowly reshaping the mountain of injustice. Now the other mountain of equality is towering and the former mountain is in is dying breath screaming..and another stone is taken.

This is a real world example..there was no idealists in the progressive movement, just visionarys that through practical small measures have moved the mountain. Its not done yet of course, but the power has definately changed hands.

then, once that is accomplished, it is time to take a stone from another nations injustice and place it in the proper area. piece by piece without demanding they change absolutely everything overnight. a empowerment here, a civil rights act there, and voila...

a new world order will come...because yes, the old world order of draconian control and greed is starting to stand on shaky ground.

There will be no revolution from the old mountain..because they stand on no foundation in the broader sense.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

We are all together,alone,
and these are just wishes,
and I am just dreaming.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I understand your post my friend, and perhaps we are not so far apart in our view of the ultimate picture. Ordinarily, I would agree that small change over long periods of time is the way to go. However, in this moment in time, events are moving at an ever quickening pace. The world is a ticking bomb of oppression. It is not a matter of if it is going to go off, but when.

My remarks are just a preparatory plea for when it does go off. When it does, the mountain will be moved in a dramatic fashion. The end result will be unheard of tyrrany, or absolute freedom.

Thanks, as always, for sharing.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I agree

We are at a crossroads right now. We will either lick the boots of our masters or throw off our chains. I honestly dont have much hope for the second one. There is so much of the population that refuses to see what is going on around them and of those that do most are too cowardly to even sign a petition much less really stand up and put an end to this mess

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I like your thinking (o.p.) but your comments and idea of the all encompassing free ride"GI BILL"program ended in 1976.
after that it was called "VEAP": and required a paycheck withdrawal co-investment like a 401k If you didnt signup with a certain deposit you weren't covered by the program...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by 46ACE because: punctuation.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I never mentioned the GI bill or anything close to a freeride

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by alaskan

[Well they all go get educated with their lovely GI BILLS! They served full time away on foreign soil, the Amry/Navy/Airforce/Marines every one of them for total service on foreign lands pays full tuition and books, everything for the veteran.

Then they can become new entrepenuers, engineers, inventors, wow there's one way to get our GDP rolling again, new projects are always a money maker!!!!
Also they could provide more jobs after becoming entrepenuers.
However I do think the government doesn't want a lot of critical thinkers. Just take one look at the educational systems curriculum and this is clear to see. I had to teach my children myself what critical thinking was and how to use it. And they are well ahead of their peers.
The taxes might not be as much needed as the prior poster thinks, they have you brainwashed. Tolls pay for our roads and bridges, most firemen are VOLUNTEER, meaning two thirds of our firemen aren't paid anything whatsoever, who needs the FBI CIA AND NSA??? Really you only need the FBI. And secret service for protecting the commander in chief, that would certainly cut a lot of need for the income taxes. The tarrifs would then be plenty to pay for the police, the FBI and our downsized "defense only" military. Also the politicians should not make money on the job, they should be volunteer, that's what was intended from square one. Now they're just glorified "seats" with no action being anything but crooked and about money. This means it should also not take any money to run, That channels and radio stations would donate their ad space for the campaign they endorse (however I am sure corruption could still come about from this). There is no easy answer because we're human and imperfect and there will always be those that wish to corrupt an otherwise good system!
edit on 21-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: damn keyboard gremlins again!

edit on 21-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: damn keyboard gremlins again!

you are correct it was this poster sorry.
edit on 21-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
reply to post by IAMIAM

I agree

We are at a crossroads right now. We will either lick the boots of our masters or throw off our chains. I honestly dont have much hope for the second one. There is so much of the population that refuses to see what is going on around them and of those that do most are too cowardly to even sign a petition much less really stand up and put an end to this mess

A revolution needs leaders right? Are you going to hoist the flag of freedom and confront our masters? Typing on a key board and signing petitions is nothing more than masturbation and pretend. Let's see some real action instead of foolish rhetoric. Or are you waiting for someone else to do it?

Perhaps Rush or Beck will lead us.....

edit on 21-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The real trick of accomplishing anything is to keep it simple.

Throughout history, those with the money made the rules.

Key part: When they decided to.

We have two kinds of people.

1. Those who work and pay the taxes, called taxpayers, and

2. The tax-eaters.

If those who work for a living would bite the bullet for 30 days and sit at home, they could demand that the tax eaters be forced off their backs, and that taxes be apportioned by state as the Constitution requires.

There would be no alternatives.

After all, those who are doing all the lifting are now sitting on their asses.

Simple. Quick. Painless. And long-term benefit.

It will just take one strong leader and we can get this country back on track.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You dont know me or what I do or dont do.....but its easy to run your mouth while hiding behind a keyboard as you pointed out aint it. I am involved in many peaceful things to promote freedom and its probably going to cost me mine. I will leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

2 Everyone call in to the police departments to report terrorists in every abandoned house empty apartment or wooded area, every bus stop, airport, public building etc they can think of....mass confusion

What would be the point of calling the police and reporting our neighbors as terrorists for no reason? What good would that do? Telling the authorities that your neighbors are terrorists? I pass on that one.

4. Demand that "None of the above" be added to every ballot so that we can refuse their hand picked figureheads till they allow real elections

You don't HAVE to select one of the candidates... You can just leave the choices for one particular election blank, you know... They also have something called write in votes.... So making them add none of the above wont change anything....

Other than that... No real complaints...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I didnt say turn in your neighbors......I said to send them to abandoned houses.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emptiness DancingWhat will everyone do when TPTB turn off all electric, tv, cell phones and internet?

I think enough people in this country still know how to light candles to get past a trick like that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A revolution needs leaders right? Are you going to hoist the flag of freedom and confront our masters? Typing on a key board and signing petitions is nothing more than masturbation and pretend. Let's see some real action instead of foolish rhetoric. Or are you waiting for someone else to do it?

Perhaps Rush or Beck will lead us.....

edit on 21-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

Yes, it needs leaders. Read the plan at the bottom of my posts.

What I suggest to would be leaders is to start now by working within your own sphere of influence to be a positive light that people would look to in dark times. Be a beacon of love and strength. Be it now, that when the lights go out, people already know you and will turn to you.

If you pick up the mantle of leadership, know that it is heavy and be prepared to carry the burden.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Great suggestions but youre missing the part that details how we get the masses in on it

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Excellent post...............the only way to take back our country.

I have tried for one hour to get onto ATS............somethings up, TPTB don't want information passed and are blocking us.

The people running the show want to squash any and all information that they can.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

1 An accross the board strike.....everyone just refuses to go to work, Trashmen, airtraffic controllers, factory workers, truck drivers, etc. if only 10% did this the country would come to a standstill

People would just end up being fired.

2 Everyone call in to the police departments to report terrorists in every abandoned house empty apartment or wooded area, every bus stop, airport, public building etc they can think of....mass confusion

This would be illegal. It's illegal to file a false police report, so calling in phony calls to the police would be a crime. It may also cost people their lives as police do actually have a job to do.

3 Everyone withdraw every cent out of the bank causing a near collaspe of the econemy

Bank runs don't actually cause a collapse of the economy anymore. All you would do is run the banks out of paper money.

4. Demand that "None of the above" be added to every ballot so that we can refuse their hand picked figureheads till they allow real elections

Completely pointless. If you don't like who is on the ballot, run yourself.

5 Demand the repeal of the Patriot act, the "Wars on Terror and Drugs"

(202) 224-3121 There's the phone number, call them every day till it gets repealed.

6 Demand the end of the federal reserve

Use the number above

7 Demand the withdrawal of all our troops from every country and downsizing to a defenssive force as was intended by our Founding Fathers

Use the number above

8 Demand an end to income tax, to be replasced by tarriffs...again as our founding fathers intended

Article I Section 8 seems to disagree with you...

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Also Article I Section 9 which was amended by Amendment 16 which was ratified February 13 1913 in the method prescribed by the Constitution of the United States.

Sorry. I do like your idea of a peaceful revolution, but that's about as far as I can support this idea.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

You dont know me or what I do or dont do.....but its easy to run your mouth while hiding behind a keyboard as you pointed out aint it. I am involved in many peaceful things to promote freedom and its probably going to cost me mine. I will leave it at that.

Chill, sparky....

What kind of time frame do you have for us to implement your suggestions. Date, time, that sort of thing.

It's your plan; give us some details.
edit on 22-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That is the major drawback to the plan

Lech Wałęsa used something simular to bring poland to its knees and bring down the communist government there.......but he was already in the unions and poland is a much smaller country. This plan wouldnt work if 4 people dont show up at mcdonalds............or even a thousand

I think the best plan would be to have at least 100.000 people just take the day off for round one, and announce that it was in protest of the current polices. This would get there attention without causing much of a burden on those doing it, plus it would show the other people that we do indeed have power which would incress the amount that would join in the next time

The only way to get that amount of people for even the first time would be a massive ad campaign, newspapers, internet, tv interviews........the works. Those advertising might be running a risk of being jailed as radicals though...it would take work and risk.....but it could happen

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join