It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I declared war on Murdoch - Cable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I declared war on Murdoch - Cable

www.bbc.co.uk

Vince Cable told undercover reporters he had "declared war on Rupert Murdoch" and planned to block his efforts to take full control of BSkyB, according to the BBC's Robert Peston.

The business secretary's admission came in conversation with Daily Telegraph reporters posing as constituents.

Robert Peston said the Telegraph chose not to publish the "most explosive" part of its investigaton.

But a transcript was passed to him by a whistleblower.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don’t know if anyone will find this interesting, I know some of you might hold the believe that Murdoch is in cahoots with the NWO (for the record I don’t) however this does show a high up cabinet minister really standing up to him. Vince Cable also said he had the power to bring down the current Coalition and was also the guy who apparently designed the recent bill to increase student fees, he’s also a veteran of the Lib Dems.

Makes me think, who the heck is running our country, David “Thatcher” Cameron of the conservatives or Vince Cable for the liberal democrats . it seems to me that Vince cable has the most power in the coalition, he’s business sectary, the last business sectary was Lord Mendelson, it’s a powerful role in government. Is he running the lib dems or is it cleg, is he running the country or is it good o’ David Cameron.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-12-2010 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Peston really is a character. He threw down Northern Rock, and now is busy paving the way for Murdoch, whatever the cost. Quite a public servant he is eh?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think Vince is more respected in the party (now especially) than Clegg, but either way, it looks like Murdoch has got to him first.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good for Cable. He is absolutely right about the Murdoch control of UK and other media. It's good that it is in the mainstream press, they've done the country a favour by giving his statements publicity.

new topics

top topics

join