It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation At United Nations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Hmm, could it be the odor was a big, steaming pile of bullcrap? And seriously, the children are moved across the street, but the adults are told to leave the area? That is MESSED UP. Talk about twisted priorities.

Thats what I thought. Worse case, if something was to happen there, odor or not, those kids would be silenced forever while the corrupt officials are safe and sound ruining everyone else's lives

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So allegedly it was a gas leak according to an official but I cant help to think the possibilities, The kids not speaking, something going in, something coming out, just something fishy.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

There was some rotten business at the UN this morning. Diplomats were evacuated from the UN Security Council and General Assembly for a "suspicious odor" likely the result of a burst sewer line, officials said. The sewage-like smell wafted through the halls forcing the diplomats – who often metaphorically hold their noses during their daily deal-making – to really cover their olfactory glands. UN spokesman Farhan Haq said the evacuation was a "precautionary measure" and no one reported any illness. The leak is believed to have occurred in the UN basement and police source said it was a faulty "sewer pipe." AFP/Getty Images The United Nations building was evacuated after a rancid smell. The evacuation interrupted a ceremonial session at the Security Council where children from around the world were afforded an opportunity to voice their concerns to the world powers. Those kids were sent to the US mission located across the street.

NYPOST

Im still calling bull on this one.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

The leak is believed to have occurred in the UN basement and police source said it was a faulty "sewer pipe."

Ha! So my sarcasm was semi-correct. There was some pungent fecal matter involved

I do have to agree that it was a little strange to describe the smell as "suspicious". When the sewers in my area stink like poo, they stink like poo.. There's really no other smell like human waste, yuck.
edit on 12/21/2010 by Nyiah because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join