It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation At United Nations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Evacuation At United Nations

www.myfoxny.com

NewsCore - The UN Security Council and General Assembly were evacuated Tuesday because of a "suspicious odor," according to a UN spokesman.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was home reading and I hear what sounded like numerous helicopters in the air along with many sirens. I checked my scanner and I heard evacuation at the United Nations.

Checking for info, right now I can still hear the heli's in the air, gonna step out and see

Checking for more updates.

Just found this, dont know if it's related:

Dec. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Cocoa rose in New York and London as some companies evacuated personnel after Ivory Coast’s disputed presidential election sparked violence, threatening to disrupt exports from the world’s top producer

BusinessWeek

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Oh no a it's an odor!

Bet it's some sniff me UN employer letting off farts.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

On the spot reporting. Good for you.

Hope you keep us updated, find out what the rest of the story is.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I hope thats the case with all the bs they soak in all day but looking at the other article I hope there isnt any connection

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
my red flag warnings are going off here.
evacuate all out of the building as
a distraction to get WHAT in ???
Could the UN be a future target???
warning buzzers are going off.
pardon for the paranoia
but it has served me well
in the past.

reminds me a lil of the power downs
in the WTC complex the weekend
before the towers fell.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks!
Looking for more info before stepping out. All im seeing so far is still trying to find the source.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Myfox just updated:

MYFOXNY.COM - The UN Security Council and General Assembly have been evacuated due to a "suspicious odor," according to the FDNY. Firefighters are trying to find the source of the odor. The FDNY says the evacuation is a "precautionary measure." Fox News Channel reported that local authorities were called and will be investigating the source of the odor. Diplomats have been told to leave the area as a precaution. Diplomats also said there was a suspected gas leak in the basement of the UN headquarters, but that ambassadors and other top officials had been moved as a precaution. The alarm was raised just before the scheduled start of a special Security Council debate at which children from around the world were to air their concerns to world powers. The children were all moved to the US mission across the street from the UN headquarters

MyfoxNY

Of course this is gonna happen when kids from all over express 'concern' to 'world powers'

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

my red flag warnings are going off here. evacuate all out of the building as a distraction to get WHAT in ??? Could the UN be a future target??? warning buzzers are going off. pardon for the paranoia but it has served me well in the past. reminds me a lil of the power downs in the WTC complex the weekend before the towers fell.

I dont blame you for feeling that way. The "odor" couldnt have possibly made its way throughout the entire building to evacuate everyone in it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Myfox just updated:

MYFOXNY.COM - The UN Security Council and General Assembly have been evacuated due to a "suspicious odor," according to the FDNY. Firefighters are trying to find the source of the odor. The FDNY says the evacuation is a "precautionary measure." Fox News Channel reported that local authorities were called and will be investigating the source of the odor. Diplomats have been told to leave the area as a precaution. Diplomats also said there was a suspected gas leak in the basement of the UN headquarters, but that ambassadors and other top officials had been moved as a precaution. The alarm was raised just before the scheduled start of a special Security Council debate at which children from around the world were to air their concerns to world powers. The children were all moved to the US mission across the street from the UN headquarters

MyfoxNY

Of course this is gonna happen when kids from all over express 'concern' to 'world powers'

I agree.

And I'd sure like to know what those kids were planning to say.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

"suspicious odor"?

Likely causes;

Corruption, bribes, political weakness and a waste of money

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It pisses me off reading the article again. The way I took the article:

Diplomats have been told to leave the area as a precaution. ambassadors and other top officials had been moved as a precaution.

Meanwhile:

The children were all moved to the US mission across the street from the UN headquarters.

I would be a fool to think that the officials were moved somewhere as close to the UN as the kids were.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

yea was me sorry......my bowels are really acting up..must have been that curry i ate last nite

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The U.N. complex in Manhattan on the banks on the East River is currently undergoing a $2 billion refurbishment.

Reuters

The article is also about the evacuation, nothing new in the article except the text above...

What are they "refurbishing" for 2 Billion Dollars??

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

wasnt there something about the ivory coast being a target for some biological weapon or something?

i heard that there was something about evacuating the ivory coast

in fact found the link

www.bbc.co.uk...

dated 6th december
edit on 21-12-2010 by NWOnoworldorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

yea was me sorry......my bowels are really acting up..must have been that curry i ate last nite

Damn Curry!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

I posted that link above wondering if there was a connection since the UN voted on it yesterday....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hmm, could it be the odor was a big, steaming pile of bullcrap?

And seriously, the children are moved across the street, but the adults are told to leave the area? That is MESSED UP. Talk about twisted priorities.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

"suspicious odor"?

Likely causes;

Ohhhh someone is on form today!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

"suspicious odor"?

Likely causes;

*double*
edit on 21-12-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join