It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: John Kerry Picks John Edwards as Running Mate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Of course he picked Edwards, I never figured he'd go any other way. I thought it was funny that it came out early. I was watching the news while getting ready for work this morning and the . said that Kerry was going to officially announce it on his website at 9am, but it leaked so Edwards was going to be his running mate. It was said with such ho-hum kind of attitude that it cracked me up. It's been funny to see all the other guys take themselves out of the running in the previous weeks. "Although he said he was flattered to be considered..." and "Even though he supports Kerry's nomination, unfortunately..." have been the big statements. He should've picked awhile ago and not given the chance for all those guys to back off. I think it kinda looked bad.

Now that we have the players, it should be an interesting game. Though I thought I heard someone saying they were looking at getting Cheney off the ticket? Is that true?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.washtimes.com...

Here's the link that's been denied

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
Now that we have the players, it should be an interesting game. Though I thought I heard someone saying they were looking at getting Cheney off the ticket? Is that true?

Disinformation agents have floated that idea for months that Cheney will withdraw. I suspect it has been considered and probably is being considered again since McCain is the prominent feature in Bush ads now.

But the Dems are hoping he stays obviously. They recently offered to pay Cheney's bus fair to keep campaigning for Bush.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
At least an oil baron knows how to run a business and made his money doing that rather than having the courts take money from someone who made it and give it to him.

PFFFFTTTTT!!!! Yeah Just Like our current president who ran every company he presided over into the ground.

I have to add that I knew all along that if Kerry had any chance of winning he would have to pick Edwards as his running mate. I think it's a good choice.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
PFFFFTTTTT!!!! Yeah Just Like our current president who ran every company he presided over into the ground.

After it was funded by the saudis...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well at least Kerry did his homework, and selected someone of particular talents.

Edwards fits right in as a flip-flopping issue monkey. (IMO)

I think about what his local congressman had to say about him, and his representation of his current constituants. I think about the lies that were told and never planning on keeping to his current constituants. I think about all this in his first political position he held, which is ALL of his public office experience to date. I think about the complete lack of international experience, in this time of great international upheavals worldwide.

I think if Kerry/Edwards gets elected, we are in a boatload of trouble.

But I can thank Kerry for helping me to decide this in advance.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Good decision by the Kerry camp....

May have a chance after all....

Interesting trivia question and answer today...

44% of Canadian youth described America in one word...what was it?

Answer: EVIL

And these are our FRIENDS!!!

It rose to something like 68% in French Canada...

Ask yourself, would the result have been the same if asked before the Bush presidency? I think not....

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm voting for Kerry, but Edwards doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. Is Edwards capable of being the President of the United States? That's what he is one heartbeat away from. He doesn't have that much experience as an elected official. I would of prefered someone like Bob Graham, someone with a breadth of experience. Oh, well, he seemed like the people's choice, he'll bring in the votes, and save this country from ruin.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Kerry was in Pittsburgh when he made the announcement, and Edwards was....where? Seems like it would have been a good idea for them to announce and accept together.

Edwards did accept, didn't he?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Kerry was in Pittsburgh when he made the announcement, and Edwards was....where? Seems like it would have been a good idea for them to announce and accept together.

They did that so the journalists wouldn't see them together, and figure out who Kerry was going to announce.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Kerry picks Edwards, cutie pie that he is, inexperienced, young, naive, and certainly not presidential, as in the event of a succession to the presidency, so as to ensure a Democratic loss in November, enabling Hillary to run in '08.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They call us Evil? Let some camel-ridin terrorist start bombing their cities and see who they come crawling to for help. What are they gonna do strike back with the Royal Canadian Mounted Air-Force?
The only thing Canada is good for is bacon.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
They did that so the journalists wouldn't see them together, and figure out who Kerry was going to announce.

Fat lotta good that did.
*looks at time of story post*
ATSNN beat Kerry's official announcement by more than 90 minutes.

Besides, apparently Kerry didn't offer Edwards the ticket until early this morning. Not much time to fly out to Pittsburgh from DC in time for the rally.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Kerry picks Edwards, cutie pie that he is, inexperienced, young, naive, and certainly not presidential, as in the event of a succession to the presidency, so as to ensure a Democratic loss in November, enabling Hillary to run in '08.

Inexperienced? How much experience did Dubya have in the federal government? Zip.

Naive? He was born in poverty, and worked his way up with the odds stacked against him (unlike the current president, who has been feeding from a silver spoon since birth). He made himself by defending the rights of patients against HMO's, and has proven himself a born winner.

The Kerry/Edwards ticket will not be a victory for Democrats only, but for all Americans.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Okay I am going to give you guys a few ticklers.

1. Kerry during the Caucuses for the Democratic Candinacy, said that Edwards was not experienced enough to be President siting that he is a "first year" Senator.

2. Kerry picked Edwards siting that he needed a VP that he could trust in the event that he could not.

3. Edwards is a "pro-republican, democrate".

4. Edwards was the swing vote and controls the issue of at least two southern electoral votes.

5. Edwards is a setup from the "illuminati, NWO or the secret goverment society" depending on which theory you think is more accurate.

6. If Dubya wins or if the Kerry-Edwards team wins, the country will still be under control of the same people.

7. If the Kerry-Edwards team wins, Kerry will not be the President for long, Edwards will become the puppet of the Republican Party. Kerry has already fortold of his absence in office and for all you "psychics" out there your predictions about "bush" getting assisnated are all wrong. Hint Hint, but not in the direct matter of translation.

8. If Kerry-Edwards wins, look to see that the use of force in the middle east becomes escalated. If Bush wins you will see the use of force reduced.

9. Kerry will attempt to sell us out to the Chinese which will lead to his.....lets just say he wont be in office very long if he attempts to continue his back door negotiations with China.

10. Edwards will be deemed a great president of the people.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
At least an oil baron knows how to run a business and made his money doing that

So does this remark , mean that G W Bush was a wannabe "oil baron", because the only thing Bush knew how to do in the oil bussiness was to run it "belly-up", LOL.

It means he is trained to put aside his morals and his knowledge of right and wrong at a moments notice as those things only get in the way of winning

Are you sure your talking about John Edwards/John Kerry ? If you've gone to Law-School, you would know that you are trained to get to the "TRUTH", and if you are a "GOOD" lawyer there is no need for under-handedness. So far Kerry and Edwards have been "playing fair" and not lowering theirselves to Bush & Co's level of spreading lies.

On the other hand, the statement you made about" he is trained ( and so on), you've got to be talking about "Bush"........... . Bush has no morals, if he did, he would not have been in the White House from day one, and Bush sure doesn't have much for " knowledge", every time he gets infront of a camera Bush "him-haws" in his speechs and is so tongue-tied that he throws away all moral behavior of "right and wrong", just to win , what he and Co., are after at all cost

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

Edwards fits right in as a flip-flopping issue monkey. (IMO)

Lets talk about who does the "flip-flopping", shall we .

Bush said "he wants peace in the middle-east",....... Bush ordered an invasion/war on Iraq , he "flip-flopped " on this statement. Bush made all kinds of promises in 2000 and has only kept "ONE" and that "one" was to the Corporations for "tax-breaks",............. so I'd say, it's safe enough to say " Bush Flip-Flopped" on MOST of his PROMISES.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't know if the Kerry-Edwards ticket is the answer, but I KNOW the Bush-Cheney ticket is definitely NOT the SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!

In this case, I'd rather take my chances with the unknown Kerry-Edwards ticket than with the KNOWN Bush-Cheney ticket.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Too bad the New York Post wasn't on the inside track, eh? Like it was a big surprise, anyway.

from Banshee
Besides, apparently Kerry didn't offer Edwards the ticket until early this morning. Not much time to fly out to Pittsburgh from DC in time for the rally.

You can drive from DC to Pittsburgh in a matter of hours - it's only about 250 miles.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You can drive from DC to Pittsburgh in a matter of hours - it's only about 250 miles.

3.5-4 hours in no traffic without speeding too much.
I used to make the drive regularly.

But he'd have to get the family ready (cuz Kerry made a point to say that Edwards and his family would be in town), luggage packed, security detail organized, probably get a car rented/procured....etc etc. That's a wife and 3 kids (two under the age of 5) up and ready by 4:30am, assuming he got the news that early, in order to make it to Ptsbgh before 9am.

I don't think he had much of a choice but to wait until later in the day to get there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join