It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand spanking new!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yuletide greetings and a cheery hello to all. What an awesome site. Been lurking for a while now and had many a chortle or chuckle from some of the posts and replies from the usual regulars. Many a fine wit here. Like most, I bristle at the "OMG, I saw a UFO" with the obligatory hand held shaky video and accompanying godawful music. Nice to see that they get debunked and shot down in flames real quick by you savvy old timers. Anyways, I bit the bullet and here I am *does a little curtsey*

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Duskyshimmer

Hi Duskyshimmer, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hi Dusky Shimmer, that's an exciting user name

Welcome along!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Aw shucks, thanks Dave! And I like reading your posts - you have a fine sense of humour dude!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What a pleasingly cheerful introduction, welcome to ATS and a very merry jolly christmas to thee! Hope you find your time here enjoyable! CHEERS!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Gracias, Woogleuk! Having heaps of fun already!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You should be more careful how you title your threads...
Plenty of folks round here be glad to spank then brand ya

Welcome aboard
edit on 21-12-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I saw that comin, Daddybare! Tsk, tsk
Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duskyshimmer
Like most, I bristle at the "OMG, I saw a UFO" with the obligatory hand held shaky video and accompanying godawful music. Nice to see that they get debunked and shot down in flames real quick by you savvy old timers. Anyways, I bit the bullet and here I am *does a little curtsey*

It always amazes my why skeptics join Conspiricy websites.....i mean why? Thats what we do here, we dicuss things such as UFO's? If you think its a load of rubbish them im afraid your in the wrong place my friend.

Anyone who still thinks that we are not being visited or havent been visited is kidding themselves. Infact its a little sad that they are still trying to hold onto the hallow dogmatic view of modern day living. Wake the hell up, read and research the evidence and see for yourself.

When i say research the evidence i dont mean sit on your arse and look at website articles, Im talking gettting up and getting out there and find out for yourself whats really going on.

Anybody who makes thier mind up about somthing BEFORE actuly seeing the evidence is a fool. Its why i hate politicians lol

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Somethin' tells me you're kind o' a spark plug.
Have fun, play nice, that's what I'm learning...I'ma lil' slow sometimes though. Peaceness & welcome!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

[Anybody who makes thier mind up about somthing BEFORE actuly seeing the evidence is a fool]

Hey friend, simmer down. You said it in your above quote. Gotta have evidence. By the way, I never said I don't believe in UFOs. As a matter of fact, I do believe something is out there - what it is, I do not know. What I was trying to imply are that there are posts on the subject which are clearly hoaxes and out to test the intelligence of the reader. C'mon, be gentle to newbies. I mean no harm.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duskyshimmer
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

[Anybody who makes thier mind up about somthing BEFORE actuly seeing the evidence is a fool]

Hey friend, simmer down. You said it in your above quote. Gotta have evidence. By the way, I never said I don't believe in UFOs. As a matter of fact, I do believe something is out there - what it is, I do not know. What I was trying to imply are that there are posts on the subject which are clearly hoaxes and out to test the intelligence of the reader. C'mon, be gentle to newbies. I mean no harm.

My appologies my friend, i re-read what i wrote and it does sound aggresive. Didnt mean it to come out that way, just hope it doesnt put you off ATS now lol

Iv just been around long enough to see intelligent people make stupid decisions. The amount of people iv presented with irrafuetable evidence that have just laughed before looking at it numbers in the 1000's by this point.

Anyway like i said i appologies mate, its not my place to tell you what to belive, or anyone else for that matter. Im just a provider of information. What other people do with it is upto them.

Anyway Welcome to ATS and happy hunting

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Welcome from another newbie, I too admire the wit on this site. Hope to see you out there.

new topics

top topics

join