It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle: End U.S Paid Israeli War Crimes - Signs to Go on Metro Buses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
www.veteranstoday.com...

SEATTLE – “Israeli War Crimes,” the enormous advertisement reads. “Your tax dollars at work.” To the right of the image is a group of children — one little boy stares out at the viewer, the others gawk at a demolished building, all rebar and crumbled concrete. It’s an ad you’ll be seeing soon on a handful of Metro buses in downtown Seattle.

A group calling itself the Seattle Mideast Awareness Campaign has paid King County $1,794 so that 12 buses will carry that message around town, starting two days after Christmas. That’s December 27: the two-year anniversary of Israeli attacks on Gaza, aimed at stopping rocket attacks and weapons smuggling.

This is a creative way to get the word out!
edit on 21-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Its a step in the right direction.. Hopefully it will have the desired results..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Great post..starred and flagged. maybe people will finally wake up and smell the coffee, tea or milk.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

I'm willing to bet it will be squashed.
edit on 21-12-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I applaud the group who set this up. It is about time people try and take a stand... oh sorry I forgot people try all the time and the government or some sinister group intervenes in defiance of all good and logic. When this type of stuff happens in the media, it is when Israel likes to play the victim card. I think there will be demonstrations against this billboard and I bet it will be in the media. The media will probably help support the Israel is a victim theory and try to give a bad name to this group and their associates.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by wcitizen

I'm willing to bet it will be squashed.
edit on 21-12-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

Yes, I thought the same thing but didn't want to say it. It will be called anti-semite, or racist or something. As Helen Thomas said in a recent interview, you can say what you like about the President but you're not allowed to say anything about Israel.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
About time- disgusting that in todays world, Israel are not only allowed to act the way they do, but the U.S seemingly reward them for it. There are so many better ways the money could be spend, both domestically and in terms of foreign aid. Sponsoring war crimes does not count as foreign aid.
edit on 21-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well I love the message, but were still gonna back them!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
good to see people pervious to their surroundings.
good for them

star and flag

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I can smell the lawyers lining up
with law suits against the city.
Those signs won't last long.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think it's important to remember that the AIPAC (with the help of their anti-defamation groups) is a very powerful group which will jump on this and claim harassment, discrimination, antisemitism, defamation, and other non-sense that they usually find. This will either end up in court, or the "Seattle Mideast Awareness Campaign" will end up being "shamed" into submission whereby they will decide to give up their venture for fear of retribution and loss of credibility...

Deny
Discredit
Shame
Attack

These are the tactics that these zionist pigs use to stop things they don't like.

It's sad, but it's reality, and I'm hoping it doesn't end up that way...

Magnum
edit on 10/12/21 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/21 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
12 busses for under $2000? That seems like a pretty good deal, depending on how long the signs stay up. Maybe I need to check into bus advertising in my area. I'd love to see a bunch of "End the Fed" signs on busses in my area.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

It's $1800 for 30 days.

You should hear the radio interviews about this topic. It's ridiculous! The Pro-Israel side said it's going to incite violent crime against the Jewish community. For those who aren't aware, there was a shooting in Seattle two years ago at the Jewish Community Center where 6 women were shot, one fatally.
So opponents of the signs are saying the billboards are going to incite more violence like that.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baron Von Chaos

It's $1800 for 30 days.

You should hear the radio interviews about this topic. It's ridiculous! The Pro-Israel side said it's going to incite violent crime against the Jewish community. For those who aren't aware, there was a shooting in Seattle two years ago at the Jewish Community Center where 6 women were shot, one fatally.
So opponents of the signs are saying the billboards are going to incite more violence like that.

That would be sad but probably true..
People don't realise the sign says "ISRAEL" not Jews...
There is a difference..
Not all Jews agree with what Israel is doing...

Actually, I wonder what percentage of Jews do..????

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron Von Chaos

So, that's $1800, 12 busses for 30 days, and a fair chance that it might incite violence against the Federal Reserve?

April seems like a good time to do this. I wonder if I can deduct it on my taxes.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

My bet would be the same amount of Americans that agree with what our government is doing, and the same amount of Iraqis that agree with what Al Queda is doing.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You should start an Non-Profit Organization to end the Fed, and then yes you could probably get a tax deduction.
Sorry for the off-topic reply

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baron Von Chaos

It's $1800 for 30 days.

People who commit this type of violence do so by choice and because of beliefs that they have already formed for a long time.

Signs like these do not incite violence, they simply send a message to people who are not fully aware of what's really happening because of their dependence on the MSM who lies to them and "conveniently omits" to inform them of what's really happening...

If there are any violent acts after these signs are up, it will be purely coincidence as a person who commits acts of this kind usually have planned it in advanced and already had a "reason" as to why they wanted to do it.

just my 0.02$

Magnum

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If they start that here in the Phoenix area, I will RIDE that bus and help pay for that ad.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
End the Muslim Invasion of the US!!! Now that would make an intesting bus advertisement as well, won't happen not with the ACLU and CAIR and their ilk.................... I guess you could justify it just as well as this stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join