It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Year's Resolutions! Post now --> Check back in 365 days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It’s that time of year again - Or almost!

For me I’d like to make a resolution not to engage in resolutions - But the long standing social tradition wins out, peer pressure flattens me and I cave. Yes, I join up and make that list, feel like I've really done something, and then, well, more often than not fail!

So, what about YOU!

What are your New Years resolutions?

Top 10 New Year's Resolutions
pittsburgh.about.com...

Here’s a short conglomerate of the top examples - (from many sites).

- Promising to loose those extra love handles seems to hit the top three on all the sites I‘ve visited!

- Spending more time and having more patience with friends and family comes in a close second.

- Quit those bad habits like smoking, drinking, spending, are right up there.

- Get your life organized and stop to smell the flowers... (My favorite)!

- Give more to others.

Well, ATS’ers, many say ‘people can’t change’... So how about we prove them wrong?

Post your New Years Resolutions - Or why you don't involve yourself in making them.

If you do post? We'll see you back here next year to tell us if you did - or didn’t - keep your promise!

PEACE and Happy Holidays to All!

edit on 21-12-2010 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My only one is:

Focus on loving, compassion and living in the "Now"

Again thank you for the wonderful Avatar you made for me.

I can't think of any greater gift than someone giving their time and thoughtfulness to another.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The reason I don't make New Year's Resolutions in January is because I'm not particularly a "winter-type" person.

Thus, I am more likely to set goals for myself in the spring when I am more likely to accomplish them through that time period, and then through the summer and fall.

Real Truth: That is a cool avvy! You are lucky to have one.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Shoot more.

Become more active in local gun club.

Tolerate bull less.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Focus on loving, compassion and living in the "Now"

Yeah, well, you got me on that one, that's what I've been trying to do forever.

Glad you like your avatar...

peace

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Thus, I am more likely to set goals for myself in the spring when I am more likely to accomplish them through that time period, and then through the summer and fall.

Oh, now that's a great idea!
February has always been my 'bad' month, no mater how I try to psyche myself around it.

That's what I'll do this year, I'll try to start out in the Spring!

WOOHOO! Thank you!

peace

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo,

It just seems "natural" to do things this way, to me at least...

Winter is associated with death, while Spring is likened to re-birth, growth, and awakening in a spiritual way.

It would be interesting to find out where the "New Year's Resolution" started?

Does anyone know?

My bet is that it has to do with money......somewhere down the line.....peeps have spent a lot of money on Christmas, Holiday presents that they are drained when the New Year arrives...so for many, yes, I will spend money on that gym membership, diet aids, counseling, ....fill in the blank... and so I will shell out that extra cash in order to meet/keep my "resolution"

edit on 22-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: atrocious spelingd

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think mine would have to be to realize that I can only be so prepared. I can't worry about every little thing because then I can't even manage to get one thing accomplished.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SurvivalSeedBnk

I have two new years resolutions I'd like to make! One is positive and one is negative!

Positive: I will lose 50 pounds this year through eating healthier and exercising more! I lost 20 pounds in 30 days recently and am looking forward to 50 more being gone forever! I started at 283.5pounds on November 20 and ended at 263.5pounds on dec 20.

Negative: I will find the jerks who stole my truck through any means necessary! Once found I will not hurt them physically in and way! What I will do is invade their lives. I will become their friend, and then throughout a year tear their lives apart from what they hold dear. I WILL make their families despise them and hate them, I will expose them for what they are. I WILL tear them down to a point where they will wish it all to end. Then and only then will I show them the power of love, as I will forgive them and help them to become a better person! I will show them that a simple act of theft effects more than just the insurance company! It effects a persons vulnerabilities and trust. I am already sorry for what is going to happen to you, but this must happen to you in order for you to wake up and realize that your actions do effect others! I'm just not in the forgiving mood right now!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i resolute to not keep a special day for resolutions that should take place daily.

new topics

top topics

join