It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie commutes absurd NJ sentence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Brian Aitken was sentenced to 7 years for violating NJ's absurd firearm laws.

In a PC move Christie appeased everyone by commuting the sentence rather than pardoning Aitken. So Aitken is still a convicted felon and has lost his right to own a firearm.

TRENTON, N.J. -- Gov. Chris Christie has commuted the sentence of a man who was sentenced to seven years in prison after being found with guns he'd purchased legally in Colorado.

He says he was in transit in a move to Hoboken -- which should exempt him from a weapon-registration laws.

But Judge James Morley would not allow the argument in trial this year. Aitkens was convicted then sentenced to a 7-year prison term.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Related threads from Aitken's arrest, conviction and sentencing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Commuting is an awful slap in the face. They were wrong, went so far as to not reappoint the judge but he's still a felon in the system.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
One more time, say it with me now...

We serfs of the United Corporations of Amerika lost what few "rights" our overlords chose to grant us years ago. And it will stay that way until we *ahem* remind them that rights are not granted by the boardroom and these morons calling themselves judges these days.

Isn't there an appeal or whatnot this guy can resort to? This is just plain wrong, and sounds like another "let's screw a gun owner" deal to me...

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by Cyprian

NJ is all about screwing gun owners. The state hates them. Even the ones just passing through.

I read a few comments stating Aitken is pushing for a full pardon with restoration of rights but havent found any concrete reports yet.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What an outrageous panty waste.

The kid is left with a felony record for a complete non-crime.

Christie should be tried for being a piece of useless human garbage.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

There's a fella her in NH under a similar situation. Ward Bird. freewardbird.org... Long story short he couldnt get some trespassing, assault record having animal abusing repeat offending lunatic off his property so he came out with a gun on his hip and demanded she leave.

She called the cops on him! She got the first say in a he said/she said so she wins.

The state expects the gov here, Lynch, to pull a similar limp wristed move to save face. I'd expect this sort of thing in NJ, CT, MA, CA but not in NH. Really ticks me off.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Governor Christie seems like a down to earth like-able guy.

Sort of like a Fred Flintstone.

He stands up against teachers unions.

He is tired of the bum teacher unions guarenteed high pay raises every year and can't be fired and I don't care who you are if you are in a job where you can not get fired some people would tend not to work as hard.

It is obvious these teachers half of them atleast don't even care about their students thats why we have the dumbing of America.

He stood up against the criminal justice system this innocent man got freed in his mind knowing other people understand what he is going through.

SEVEN YEARS PRISON?

Gov. Christie did all he could, but he could not just undo the gunlaws the nj's have.

For using his right to bear arms this sure is a injust sentence..

He didn't even hurt anyone with the gun and they throw the good guy in jail for using his right.

Some sicko out there has a gun and is ready to rape your wife and children and you can not have anything to defend yourself?

Gov. Christi is standing up for gun rights law and a unfair sentencing but can not just magically change the new jersey gun laws.
edit on 21-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by thecinic

Gov. Christi is standing up for gun rights law and a unfair sentencing.

If that were true he would have pardoned the guy. By commuting the sentence he's still a felon and has lost his 2nd A right.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This man has unintentionally become a martyr and I will remember him all the time. I hate to say it, but there is nothing we can do except write meaningless letters that will be thrown away, make phone calls that will be ignored and stand outside of government buildings with signs and be mocked.

We let wolves watch over the hen house for the last 100-150 years...what did we think would happen? A little here and a little there and this is an example of the results.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Gov. Christie Has to follow the new jersey gun laws.

Gov. Christie is trying to fight these laws that are outrages.

He understands the law is unjustice.

Just because he is the governor does not give him the right to trump the dumb laws the nj's have on guns.

Gov. Christie is trying to fix it, but he can only do so much.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

He can do a lot as gov.

He can pardon the guy for the non-crime for starters. Then he can ask his party or whoever get legislation written to fix the stupid laws then he can finagle the bills passage and sign it when it gets to his desk.

There's no reason other than political gaming not to pardon the guy. He doesnt care about liberty anywhere near as much as he cares about politics.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately the NJ gun laws are beyond retarded and some of the strictest in the country. You can even get felony charges pressed on you for having an airsoft gun in public, BB guns, etc are no different!

While Christie is governer, there isn't much he can really do to change the inane gunlaws here with a blue state legislation. It just isn't going to happen unfortunately

I remember growing up in VA and shooting my first 12-guage at 13 years old. Not allowed here in NJ...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

What does the teacher`s union have to do with gun laws or the Governors treatment of gun laws? Did some teacher irritate you today?

Christie didn`t go near far enough. He should have had an absolute pardon. In fact, he should threaten the legislature with pardoning every gun law conviction until they make sensible laws.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by GTORick

Excellent! Pardon every last one until he's either removed from office or some sense returns to NJ.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gov. Christie can not just spit on New Jersey state law.

These are gun laws that dumbed down moronic nj's have voted, passed, and set as the gun laws.

They have to still be followed, the Gov. can not trump every conviction, it would be undermining the new jersey justice system.

The New Jersey people can not be saved from everything, they are the morons who voted these harsh gun laws in, that comes with very harsh pentalties.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So NJ is full of morons who voted for outrageously stupid laws yet you're somehow offended by the notion of Christie pardoning anyone convicted under these laws?

Like walking into a room full of idiots slamming their heads into walls and getting mad at the one guy who's trying to get them to stop.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Neither the US nor my State Constitution mention anything that allows my right to keep and bear arms to be infringed.

Felony, schmelony...it's color of law BS that takes an inalienable right by use of force with the concept being that it's for the "greater good".

new topics

top topics

join