It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afshan Azad (Harry Potter actress) death threats and court outcome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This beautiful and talented ADULT woman decided to date a Hindu man.
You'd think that in the UK, an adult woman would have a right to date whom she wished.
But instead, she endured death threats from the muslim men of her family.
My heart goes out to her. :shk:

The court accepted a lesser plea of assault from the brother and the father accepted to be bound over for £500 to keep the peace for 12 months - whatever that means. Seems they got away with the threat of murder.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Daily Mail UK

A Harry Potter actress fled her home after her father and brother threatened to kill her for going out with a Hindu man, a court heard yesterday. Afshan Azad, 22, who appeared in the blockbuster movies as Padma Patil, was attacked and branded a ‘slag’ when Muslim relatives found out about her boyfriend. The actress was so scared that she escaped out of her bedroom window and later fled her home city. Police were called and her father, Abul Azad, 54, and brother, Ashraf, 28, were arrested and charged with making threats to kill her. The actress’s brother was also charged with assault.

edit on 12/21/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I tried to put this in the opening post .. but for some reason couldn't get it to stick - More info on this. Seems these 'loving' family members had a nasty few words to say to her as well. :shk:

Harry Potter actress beaten and called a prostitute by family for seeing non-muslim

Afshan Azad, the 22-year-old British actress who portrayed Padma Patil, a classmate of Harry Potter in the blockbuster Hollywood films, was reportedly beaten, called a ‘whore’ and threatened with death by members of her own family after dating a young, non-Muslim man.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with Muslim, although I thank you for showing your agenda.

It has everything to do with cultural retardation and intellectual handicaps.

Besides, this could be a form of jealousy.

Apart from that, how ironic the father decides to treat her this way when it is his last name she has taken over which literally translates to ''Free''.

Absolutely disgusting way to treat ones daughter and sister. Regardless of religion.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
This has nothing to do with Muslim, although I thank you for showing your agenda.

:shk: Wassa' matter? Can't handle it when Muslims are caught doing something wrong?
'suppose you'd rather it was whitewashed away? Not talked about?
The FACT is that the Muslim men threatened to kill an adult young woman simply
because she used her free choice and decided to date a Hindu man. It's because of
their interpretation of Islam that this happened. The link is direct.

Besides, this could be a form of jealousy.

Explain that. You mean Freudian? Both the father and son have Freudian issues?
Doubt it. But even if they did .. that's not an excuse for threatening murder.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'd like to add:

He added: ‘The reason for the assault, apparently her association with a Hindu man, that apparently being disapproved of by her family who are Muslim.’

and:

Her father was said to have threatened to take her to Bangladesh and force her into an arranged marriage.

It's very disturbing, and these sorts of incidents are happening all to often amongst the British Muslim population, I have come to really despise the term "honour killing" It happened near me between a father who owned a kebab shop, and his daughter.

This behaviour is not acceptable in a civilised society, and it is certainly not welcome here in the UK.

The message should be clear, If you want to live in our country you MUST abide by our laws and our code of conduct, not your brutal native customs.

EDIT: My mistake with the mention of the local "honour killing", the young girls body was found in a river round here, the family were from further down south, still shocking though

www.newsandstar.co.uk.../2.1962
edit on 21/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Wassa' matter? Can't handle it when Muslims are caught doing something wrong?
'suppose you'd rather it was whitewashed away? Not talked about?
The FACT is that the Muslim men threatened to kill an adult young woman simply
because she used her free choice and decided to date a Hindu man. It's because of
their interpretation of Islam that this happened. The link is direct.

It is only a fact that people pretending to be Muslim threatened to kill a young woman. Would you care to post what sports they attended so that I may avoid people who practice that sport? Would you care to post the brand of shoes these people wear so that I may avoid people who wear those shoes? Oh, now you say THAT is irrelevant? IT IS A CULTURAL THING, NOT A RELIGIOUS THING. Retarded culture =/= religion.

Explain that. You mean Freudian? Both the father and son have Freudian issues?
Doubt it. But even if they did .. that's not an excuse for threatening murder.

Not Freudian, but simply fear of losing their daughter to someone who may not sympathize with their culture because of its retardedness. Or did you think the daughter was going to keep in contact with her deranged brother and father after moving out/getting married to her partner of choice?

I find it disgusting that you are implying I excused the threats. If anything these two men should be punished for beating her to the full extent of the law and then some. YOU DO NOT BEAT WOMEN, PERIOD.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes another case or religious retardation lol, its true that its not really just a muslim issue lol, alot of cases in india or from people of the punjabi religion, are the same, parents wont accept there daughters to fall in love with perswon of different religion, or even worst someone that the parents did not choose, in canada we hear some of these stories, daughters sent bacxk to india to be punished, grand parents taking kids away from moms and going back to the middle east, its just barbaric, and it goes on as much as the worl goes round

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
It is only a fact that people pretending to be Muslim threatened to kill a young woman.

Um ... no. They are Muslim. Their interpretation of Islam is the reason for the threats. Just as there are a whole lotta' different interpretations of Christianity, there are a bunch of different interpretations of Islam. There is no 'one Islam' just as there is no 'one Christianity'. All are under the Islam roof .. just as all (Catholics, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists, Church of Christ, etc) are under the Christian roof.

IT IS A CULTURAL THING, NOT A RELIGIOUS THING.

I understand what you are trying to say ... but it's just not correct. The culture is the way it is BECAUSE of the religion. You can't separate the two, no matter how you try. Example - the culture of Mexico is the way it is BECAUSE of the religions of the area .. mostly Catholic. The culture of these Muslim people is the way it is, because of Islam.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Have you met rational Christians or Muslims in your lifetime?

Besides, you say it yourself, it is these peoples INTERPRETATION that messes them up.

I will agree to some extent that religion has a hand in this as the religious authorities can speak up against these actions and they can show their aversion, but the truth of the matter is, even if they do, crazy people without an own identity will interpret anything as they please, regardless of who says what, they will continue to be crazy individuals.

Besides, the religious authorities won't do this because they are here to divide the people. This is a prime example. You and me both look upon this crime as a crime. There are laws that should punish crimes, so why are we divided on the cause if the crime has already been commited? One can't prevent crazy people from doing crazy things?

Thanks for your reply, at least it shows(to me) you are not blindly making anti-Islam statements.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

heheheh i like you ehhehe, so seriously if you take out religion from the equation what do you get, eheheh its not a religious thing come on dude, what rock did you just crawl out from

top topics

join