It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC to approve Net neutrality rules Tuesday.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For those of you who spend allot of your time on the internet, or get your uncensored news or information from the net, you may want to pay close attention to the FCC meeting this morning.

Here is a link news.cnet.com...

I sure would hate to hear people asking the why and the how in the coming years, when your websites are censored here in the land of the free.

edit on 21-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
For those of you who spend allot of your time on the internet, or get your uncensored news or information from the net, you may want to pay close attention to the FCC meeting this morning.

Here is a link news.cnet.com...

I sure would hate to hear people asking the why and the how in the coming years, when your websites are censored here in the land of the free.

edit on 21-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

If it works there it will spread like a virus to the entire world.

The ruling elites like to have control over the un-educated masses. And since their interests collude with their sponsors (ie, mega and not so mega corporations) it will be quick before 'for our own good' everyone will approve similar laws.

The leaders are so good and caring! LONG LIVE THE LEADERS!

(and pass on that delicious soylent green)
edit on 21-12-2010 by jmlima because: typo

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
FCC commissioners ratify net neutrality on 12/21/10.

Hello, I just signed up to the forum but discovered I couldn't start a new thread yet, but I'm glad to find this thread to place my information in.

FCC commissioners ratify net neutrality, fulfilling Obama pledge
12/21/10 @ 01:07 PM ET

Here is the URL link (from The Hill):

thehill.com...

I hope I did everything ok with regards to posting, but I wanted to get this info on here as soon as I could.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Hey, the Dems only have a little time left.

Since they cannot enact communism without people rebelling, they have to do it quietly and discreetly.

Funny how the IDIOTS think that regulation is a good thing when the internet is running GREAT.

Hmmmm, must be a liberal/progressive/communist thing. Anytime there is freedom of expression.................

Crush it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The thing has already happened.

The good: Wired internet is neutral. ISPs can't prioritize certain websites. Good for the little guy.

The bad: Wireless (phone) internet can be sold to the highest bidder. Good for companies like Google, Microsoft etc.

The only people against net neutrality are the right-wing nutjobs on Fox News etc. They have convinced many of their cult followers that net neutrality is bad. It's just sad how people, mostly conspiracy theorists, get scammed into backing Fox News stuff. Right-wing philosophy is fascism. Low taxes, low regulation: all good for huge corporations.
edit on 31-12-2010 by c1172558 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by c1172558

Right-wing philosophy is fascism. Low taxes, low regulation: all good for huge corporations.

Wow just wow! There are almost no words for the idiocy of this statement.

So less theft (low taxes) and less government intervention (low regulations) are not good for the little guy? Yeah come to think of it you're right It would be much better for me to pay higher taxes and jump through more government hoops if I want to start a business. I wonder why more little people are not starting businesses... maybe if I wait till they raise taxes a little higher and have more say in what I do then I will be able to start that businesses

edit on 31-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just wanted to add the basis of regulation.

Incrementilization.

We only want to do a little bit of regulation. It is for your own good.

The government is here to help! Yeah right!

top topics

join