It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
English is my third language.
Originally posted by skitzspiricy
So I thought, wouldn't it be cool if someone could make a Gif that would show Quakes starting from the Big One in Japan, or the day before, up until now, happening specifically around the Ring of Fire. To see if there is a clockwise pattern or domino effect happening.
This is way beyond my capabilities and is probably a huge amount of work. So just throwing the idea out there.edit on 2-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Shenon
Muzzy might be yer man for this one.
I guess what you might be talking about would be the peak ground acceleration since that is affected by depth and magnitude.
It is something I need to get into a bit more than just the pure energy of the quake.
Magnitude 6.7 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
* Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 20:06:39 UTC
* Monday, April 04, 2011 at 03:06:39 AM at epicenter
Location 9.865°S, 107.612°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region SOUTH OF JAVA, INDONESIA
* 224 km (139 miles) ENE (72°) from Christmas Island
* 291 km (181 miles) SSW (194°) from Tasikmalaya, Java, Indonesia
* 324 km (201 miles) S (179°) from Bandung, Java, Indonesia
* 426 km (264 miles) SSE (167°) from JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia
Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters NST= 16, Nph=0, Dmin=0 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp= 86°,
M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=B
* NOAA Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
Event ID pt11093001