It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
:-( remakeble...
not an single afterschock under the M4 in japan........

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yahfearing1

At the risk of being off topic may I point out that this and the other three threads that you posted in are in fragile earth and are threads of a scientific nature, not to do with religion. There are plenty of religious threads where I am sure others will heed your message.

There is a time and place for all things and this is neither the time nor the place for a completely unreadable wall of text.

You have been told before about using paragraphs. Try taking that advice. We would be happy to discuss the nature of earthquakes in this thread as that is what we do. I deny no person their religion, but I also do not expect to have religion thrown at me.

Please people stop deleting my messages I am serious here and only wish to save what has been lost if you don't agree with what I am saying then so be it but please leave these on here it is only fair

How can this be if you only joined today? Basically because you were banned, I assume and have rejoined with an almost identical name (as you were yahfearing before) and now you are spamming the boards again. Am I right?

Discuss earthquakes in this thread please or depart and please do not post walls of nonsense that are painful to read.

edit on 13/3/2011 by PuterMan because: Ah, the inevitable speeling erra

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Hi ressiv, by now I would have thought you would have remembered that USGS does not record quakes under 4.5 (or sometimes 4.0) that are not in the US.

Try one of these listings to get quakes under 4.
edit on 13/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

The last quake on the usgs map was a 5.1 quake on the triple junction of the plates. It also was the first qauke that took place very near the junction. And now its pretty calm all over. Does this mean that we are now in the calm before the storm scenario? or are things finally becoming more calm.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

Correction not the last quake anymore since about an hour ago some 5+ where happening further away from the junction.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

oeps... :-( thanx for the reminder...understandable the list would be to long than...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

I also had an feeling that the epicenters were moving moore south to the junction...than tokio will be in the line of fire..:-(

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33f96820d86b.png[/atsimg]

There were definitely 2 when I did this KMZ file

That was 2 hours ago. You can find a link to the KMZ here.

I believe these are since my update and that would certainly indicate a possible southwards migration towards the triple junction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a9d4d1a5435.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If the cluster of quakes in Alaska and the on the coast of the US got less in magnitude that would also be another indication the the migration is moving south would it not ? So this would mean what? that there is going to be more pressure on the triple junction? causing more subduction of the pacific plate and maybe another earthquake that's 7+? or could the bounce back? I don't have enough knowledge on the tectonics of these plates and how they can behave.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
According to Japanese televison, they've revised the quake to 9.0.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Yes, actually 9.1 from some sources. Did you see the 3.8 in Texas? Right in an oilfield it appears.

Magnitude 3.8
Date-Time

* Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 20:16:21 UTC
* Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 03:16:21 PM at epicenter

Location 32.954°N, 100.810°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region WESTERN TEXAS
Distances

* 28 km (18 miles) NNE (20°) from Snyder, TX
* 34 km (21 miles) WNW (289°) from Rotan, TX
* 36 km (22 miles) N (352°) from Hermleigh, TX
* 114 km (71 miles) WNW (300°) from Abilene, TX
* 376 km (234 miles) W (274°) from Dallas, TX

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 9.3 km (5.8 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 12, Nph= 12, Dmin=115.1 km, Rmss=0.96 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=5
Source

* U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Event ID us2011ikf2

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24b0c7634d7b.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

A while back, a friend of mine got me thinking. He said it seemed like drilling oil out of the earth was taking the natural lubricant out of the earth which allows things to flow more smoothly. Sort of like Synovial fluid works through the joints of the human body, decreasing friction. Since you are well researched in seismic activity, I was wondering what your thoughts may be on this.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You're quick. I just refresh page after reading your post. You're like a Texan. Quick on the draw.
Wow, what a coincidense. I wonder if they're related. Hard to prove causality.

You should see the seismic noise on the AG network. Freaking me out. Lots of 2+, about 7, up and down the fault. And lots of smaller ones in between.

It's calming down a bit. But it really seemed like to was ready to let go of another one around 3 or 4+.

As soon as I glanced back at WHAR, another 2 popped up.

Maybe you could comment on the Arkansas thread. I'm just needing a second opinion.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I do not care if this gets deleted, I feel it is relevant. I started an event on Facebook and invited everybody I could but I just would like to have a moment of silence for our brothers and sisters in Japan. The event is scheduled for 12pm pst and 3pm est. (March 14, 2011) No need to jump on Facebook or anything. I would just love to see the people of the world bow our heads and send our thoughts/prayers/love to our brothers and sisters. Please join me.
edit on 13-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: date

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As of this moment...

No quakes reported on USGS for the last 2 hours.

Not liking the quietness at all.

Update time = Sun Mar 13 22:23:53 UTC 2011

Last quake reported
4.9 2011/03/13 20:35:17 38.294 143.740 25.2 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Japan did pause for a short while today. Or they are having trouble keeping up.

The whole world is shaking. The earth itself. And all those that are thinking about the Japanese people.

You have to shake your head. Your mind is telling your eyes that what you are seeing is not real.

There's lots of little quakes in Arkansas. Ever since around March 4, I've watched the world start really shaking. Lots of 6+. And even though they stopped the injections which probably causing the quakes, it had been slowing, once the larger once hit, Arkansas reacted. It did this with the 7.2 Japan quake. But once the 9.0 hit, it stopped and the Arkansas quakes slowed. Now that the biggest of the Japanese quakes seem to wane. Now we're getting in the 5 range. Now Arkansas picks back up and there's a constant stream.

Arkansas is trying to find a place to settle. The entire fault is moving and constantly moving. Just like the Japanese fault. It didn't just start with the 9.0. There were many quakes before this because it was already on the move. Just slower at that point. The rupture off Japan is gigantic. The whole floor lifted.

The siesmic waves it produced were massive as well. The entire earth is ringing. Lots of people have ringing in their ears. This is shaking Arkansas as well. Arkansas is resonating. I hope it finds a place to settle soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfcomplex

Does this mean that we are now in the calm before the storm scenario?

Exactly my thoughts lastnight, I believe they did calm down before Japan went off, if I am correct...gearing up for the 15th?...was wondering the other day as much as they drill here in Texas we should have earthquakes, maybe they will be more frequent?

edit on 3/13/2011 by Givenmay because: addition

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Japan did pause for a short while today. Or they are having trouble keeping up.

The whole world is shaking. The earth itself. And all those that are thinking about the Japanese people.

You have to shake your head. Your mind is telling your eyes that what you are seeing is not real.

There's lots of little quakes in Arkansas. Ever since around March 4, I've watched the world start really shaking. Lots of 6+. And even though they stopped the injections which probably causing the quakes, it had been slowing, once the larger once hit, Arkansas reacted. It did this with the 7.2 Japan quake. But once the 9.0 hit, it stopped and the Arkansas quakes slowed. Now that the biggest of the Japanese quakes seem to wane. Now we're getting in the 5 range. Now Arkansas picks back up and there's a constant stream.

Arkansas is trying to find a place to settle. The entire fault is moving and constantly moving. Just like the Japanese fault. It didn't just start with the 9.0. There were many quakes before this because it was already on the move. Just slower at that point. The rupture off Japan is gigantic. The whole floor lifted.

The siesmic waves it produced were massive as well. The entire earth is ringing. Lots of people have ringing in their ears. This is shaking Arkansas as well. Arkansas is resonating. I hope it finds a place to settle soon.

Living in Germany,i´ve have had this for the last 1 or 2 Weeks (not sure). Its like getting Deaf for a second,than a Loud Peep like Sound which gets slowly quiter...don´t really know how to explain it...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm keeping my eye on this one.. It coincidentally woke up (with a 6.1) during this Japan EQ. This just happened now.

MAP 5.3 2011/03/14 03:17:00 -17.625 -174.802 206.9 TONGA

edit on 13-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
4.5 2011/03/14 02:11:12 -17.891 -178.641 582.8 FIJI REGION
5.3 2011/03/14 03:17:00 -17.625 -174.802 206.9 TONGA
4.6 2011/03/14 03:59:55 -14.570 167.374 201.6 VANUATU

All deep
Aren't these all volcanic areas?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Did any one hear of sieches in lakes anywhere in the World after the Japan 8.9

Siesmic Sieches

new topics