It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 353
<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well hello and welcome to this thread. Here you will find many people just like me who know nothing what so ever about earthquakes. We keep this thread going just as something to do while we await the collapse of the financial system but it is of no importance really.

WWHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA - Rolling - UM, I think I just peed myself. ok now back to reading.

ETA -
your on a roll - good stuff!
edit on 5-11-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Is there a map with the wells for Oklahoma?

www.scotsman.com...

edit on 5-11-2011 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Was just listening to ATS live. As they were closing the show, a member in the chat room was shaken by another quake in Oklahoma. a 4. something. Any news? It's 12:05 EST right now was about 5 min ago.

link   
Now a 5.2 in Oklahoma

earthquake.usgs.gov...

5km deep

6 km (4 miles) E (101°) from Sparks, OK
12 km (8 miles) S (174°) from Davenport, OK
14 km (9 miles) NNW (335°) from Prague, OK
72 km (45 miles) E (79°) from Oklahoma City, OK
311 km (194 miles) N (1°) from Dallas, TX

edit on 5-11-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

link   
5.2 just oklahoma

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live somewhere in the US MidWest. At about ten minutes till eleven, (Central) I'm sitting in my chair, and suddenly felt like me and my chair were riding atop a camel. Well, it was not that extreme, a slight version of said.
something geologic goin down?

My cats are not acting weird though.

Please God, don't let it be just me.

Thanks.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
See my post above - 5.2 Oklahoma

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oklahoma just got hit again with another 4+M earthquake.

Can't pull up the Memphis siesmographs anymore.

Crap. Now I can't get the other ones.

It may be bigger than the 4.7M.

Edit. wow. you guys are fast.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
LOL read thread above ^^^^^^^^ Mag 5.2 Oklahoma

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
another oklahoma quake listed as 5.2 shook my house in Siloam Springs Ar (which is on the OK/AR line for about 15 seconds with vibrations causing things to fall off the fireplace mantel and this is a brick house

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Hollllly s*** you posted mere seconds before me. Much thanks for that I appreciate it.

It wasn't just me!

But now.....I feel even more concerned.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We just had another earthquake in Tulsa

I actually missed the one last night even though I was awake because I thought it was my dog scratching against the wall, or the washing machine on spin. Tonight the whole house shook for what seemed like close to a minute and a couple things fell off our bookshelves.

I know they say we have small ones all the time in this area, but I have never felt them in my life.

We already have tornadoes, extreme ice storms and crazy snow storms, were the hottest anywhere in the nation for the month of July and the weather can literally change on a dime. I am not thrilled to be adding earthquakes to the mix!!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

I've got a siesmograph page pulled up from IRIS. I can't get back on the main site. And the other network is down. I wonder what's up with that.

www.iris.edu...

It's from Arkansas but it show the quake.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I had said yesterday that I'd be worried if, after the wee swarm in Oklahoma, there was a bigger one and there it is

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericblair4891
reply to post by ericblair4891

I've got a siesmograph page pulled up from IRIS. I can't get back on the main site. And the other network is down. I wonder what's up with that.

www.iris.edu...

Overloaded as widely felt, people looking up details etc

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Moorf, normally I'm otherwise too private and paranoid to volunteer this, but I live -near- Iowa. Thats FAR away from Oklahoma. But I am CERTAIN of what I felt!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
South Tulsa here. I'm honestly surprised. Earthquakes are something we always hear about, but rarely ever experience. And here we get two big ones (in our terms these are big) in two nights. Incredible. It really puts it in perspective.

I've never really thought about how terrifying Earthquakes can be. But something of that size, I don't even want to think about a 7+

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Moorf, normally I'm otherwise too private and paranoid to volunteer this, but I live -near- Iowa. Thats FAR away from Oklahoma. But I am CERTAIN of what I felt!

It was shallow and widely felt

An earthquake Saturday night in Oklahoma was felt in downtown Milwaukee - the second such incident since August. Earlier Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said that Oklahoma had an earthquake register 4.7 on the Richter scale. Then about 10:53 p.m. Milwaukee time there was another quake in Oklahoma, this one registering 5.2. Workers in downtown Milwaukee buildings felt tremors in August when a 5.8 earthquake rocked the East Coast on Aug. 23, damaging some buildings and causing workers to flee high-rise structures

www.jsonline.com...

and

today.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 5-11-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
They're back up now. Here's what it looked like. It was big.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

All the depths for the other quakes are give or take around 5km. Same depth as Arkansas.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Just happened to pull it up in GEE before it left the screen, so I can help with the visuals, and an amplitude reference:

Click for full size

And I believe that's the closest station to epicenter...says it in the Phase data. Phase data also suggest it may be bigger slightly, like a 5.6. In any case, I know some people are a little rattled on that one with a depth of only 5 km...Hmm. Also unusual for a quake to increase in size after aftershocks from a smaller one. So that 4.7 now becomes a foreshock.

And when you're talking foreshocks, no telling what's up next... Best prepare.

new topics

top topics

<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join