It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 352
<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I thought I saw a couple in Arkansas - will check that
out. I know this area has quakes but this many and
a 4.7 is concerning.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

my sister says they are fracking over there.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They are fracking in Oklahoma, my sister in law has been working there for two years now leasing land for gas exploration.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here's some info I 'wilfed' today.
Who knew there was so much info on OK on USGS? It's a gold mine for us 'linkaholics'!!!
I did get 404 errors when I tried to get more up to date lists! Hmmmm.......

www.okgeosurvey1.gov...

This one is animated, give it a second:
www.okgeosurvey1.gov...

www.okgeosurvey1.gov...

Even a catalogue of nuclear explosions from unclassified sources:
Turns out the Russians were here to observe seismic readings from nuclear blasts & even set up a site in OK!

www.okgeosurvey1.gov...
www.okgeosurvey1.gov...

So we went from underground nuclear explosions to fracking???!!!
edit on 5-11-2011 by wasobservingquietly because: One link was as clear as mud!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Nice find. I have never wilfed around it much but it has excellent descriptions of the workings of seismograms which I found guite some time ago and are linked on this page.

Scroll down to the three entries starting with '1999 AUG17, Turkey Earthquake'. As I have noted there are are other examples as well apart from these three.

edit on 5/11/2011 by PuterMan because: Pesky links again, bain of my life. I should use the tools instead of typing them.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi!. I am new here!!What are those earthquakes about?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Basically "all you need is love" - and this web site: Leonard Geophysical Observatory of the Oklahoma Geophysical Survey

Seek their wisdom and your questions shall be answered.

From the location of the earthquake and the focal mechanism it is most likely that this earthquake occurred on the Wilzetta fault also known as the Seminole uplift.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Hi!. I am new here!!What are those earthquakes about?

Well hello and welcome to this thread. Here you will find many people just like me who know nothing what so ever about earthquakes. We keep this thread going just as something to do while we await the collapse of the financial system but it is of no importance really.

What are these earthquakes about? I dunno, but I am told that they are not of any consequence. What we have to worry about is HAARP and all the nukes that are being let off causing tsunamis and stuff. People say the number of earthquakes is increasing but that is just more nukes.

Actually we are not all that interested in earthquakes on this thread. You should perhaps try one of the religious threads. They seem to have a great deal to say about earthquakes and end times and stuff that might be right up your street.

By the way diamondsmith, water helps - you know - adding some.

edit on 5/11/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
When I looked on Google Earth at the 4.7M in Oklahoma, I noticed something about a mile to the south.
Maybe I smoke too much herb, but it looks like an injection well to me.
Either that, or a grain silo. Maybe it's a feed lot. It's fuzzy and so am I.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

from that page

As of 7:00 AM CDT there have been more than 30 aftershocks associated with this earthquake.

I see only 4
www.okgeosurvey1.gov...

USGS has 7
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my computersaurus can't access it! It happens once in a while. It tries & tries to load, the little circle spins & spins, but nothing happens. I even walked away & came back 20 minutes later, it was still spinning!

We're just like the cobbler's children. Computer geeks parents don't benefit either!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by MamaJ

Basically "all you need is love" - and this web site: Leonard Geophysical Observatory of the Oklahoma Geophysical Survey

Seek their wisdom and your questions shall be answered.

From the location of the earthquake and the focal mechanism it is most likely that this earthquake occurred on the Wilzetta fault also known as the Seminole uplift.

Oh Puterman...you are cooler than ice, thank you very much for the info.
"All I need is love"..... love it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Further to the El Hierro ECG one page back, I've been playing around with the NZ data, got sick of the dots and am going with wiggles now

NZ MVTG (Magnitude Versus Time Graph) 7 Days 29102011 to 04112011

Not as tight as El Hierro, thats because there were less number of quakes per 24hrs.

I went for Mag 7 axis ............. I think theres another 6 likely before the end of the year for NZ, not necessarily Canterbury though.
edit on 5-11-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

You know your wiggles? They just wiggled off the page!

403 error. You did not give the public address. That is one from the private https side of dropbox.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

thanks

fixed it

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Is this it?

Look as if it might have been a pad, but perhaps oils rather than fracking? No evidence of a pond nearby.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Thanks. Um how do you make a graph go backwards? I have never seen that before! Is this Excel? Not a straight line graph so how is that done? (Says the computer person
)

edit on 5/11/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I went back to look and check, but I lost my bearings. I thinks so. But as I was looking, I found another spot that looks like it's industrial. If you check right beside this quake... you'll see it.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

It's about 2 miles to the southwestish of the 4.7M.

There's also another industrial site. It's about half a mile to the ENE of the 4.7M. The name of the road is Oil rd.

edit on 5-11-2011 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Very difficult to say what that pad is. The long shadow from the sun always makes these difficult. Clearly it is an agricultural area as evidenced by the rows of bales and the huge number of uncollected bales in other fields.

There are poles or something beside that pad but they don't seem to go anywhere. Could it be an electrical substation? Hard to say.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes, its done on Excel 2007
right click on the graph Line/ Format Data Series/ Marker Line Style/ theres a box at the bottom to click or unclick marked "smoothed line".
I have my Cap type and Join type set at "rounded" but it doesn't seem to matter.
Technically the wavy lines aren't correct, and it would be easier to join each days graph together with the next one too, but I think it "flows" better like this.
The line actually goes backwards twice on that one day, never noticed it until you said.

heres 3 different versions

I went back and did Katla too
Katla 05102011 to 11102011 Graph

It would be so much easier to do these and keep up with all the places I'm tracking if the data was consistantly presented for download, but its all different
NZ has Hour, Minute, Second in seperate columns
Iceland its just a number and I have to convert it to Time with the : : (same with USGS)
IGN is the only one that the Time is already there as eg 03:45:21 in one column
edit on 5-11-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join