It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 320
<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So I went to the HAARP site (www.haarp.alaska.edu...) and viewed days of information. I saw this chart for today. According to the video referenced by the guy "predicting", this might indicate a big quake coming?

Quite a large gap don't you think?
edit on 21-10-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hmm, so playing around with IRIS BUD system, it appears that IU.RAO has a second BHZ channel that is working.

Now how to get that to appear in GEE is beyond me, cause I don't see a way to select a second BHZ channel normally. But then again, I haven't really looked. Maybe by selecting all channels something will turn up. I gotta play with that some more.

In the meantime, here's what the "7.4" in Kermadec looked like on the working BHZ channel hidden from the GEE world:

That station is very close to epicenter. Turns out IU.RAO has many more channels that are working. It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I never thought to look at RAO when I had BUD opened

Keep in mind RAOul Island is an active volcano, a few scientists are stationed there and its blowing a gale most of the time. Must be hard to maintain the equipment.
A scientist was killed there a few years back when the crater lake erupted while he was down at the shore taking water samples.
There is no airport or landing strip on the island, so everything has to come in by boat.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Thanks for that info. After inspecting that place with google maps and earth, I think the only thing on that island besides the volcano is the seismic station complex. No other signs of life.

After a vicious further bout trying to get other channels to come up in GEE for IU.RAO, ain't gonna happen. It appears from the IRIS BUD they have subdivided the overall station into 3 separate data locations. You have IU.RAO.00.BHZ and IU.RAO.10.BHZ. Then you have IU.RAO.20....with some other channels.... I think they probably added second and third instruments after the first one fried. Probably easier on a remote island like that I guess.

I don't believe GEE is setup to handle that, but if anyone finds another way in GEE to pull up that second BHZ channel which is working for IRIS BUD, I'll give you my most prized possession of all! (That's a secret!)

ETA: lol, I just selected ALL Channels and loaded every single one there is that GEE can sense for IU.RAO. A few more came up, but they are all on the 00 location and only one, the LHZ channel showed any data- and it is just as bad as the .00.BHZ channel- WAY off center and showing BS.
So I am of the firm opinion at this point that GEE cannot access the second and third location channels on IU.RAO.
edit on Sat Oct 22nd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Oct 22nd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Lol! No had a jacket spud with it!
Mornin' All!
What's all this about Sukarajima.....Was it angered by Kermadec? It was smokin' just nicely 'till last night.
Other than that would I be right in saying Kermadec so far has not triggered anything unusual anywhere else?
Boring! Was hoping for a fight.
Mind you seems I have survived Harold Campings second Rapture

Feel like I'm talking to an empty room......guys?.....guuuyyyyysss?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Here but not really awake. All qiet in the world this morning 4.5 Iceland regon, 2.3 Sicily small ones Greece Turkey. I am expecting another small one in Aagean. That is about it. Morning

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Okay, we now have an aftershock to the Mag 7.4 Kermadec Islands quake:

Magnitude 5.0 - KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
2011 October 22 09:38:41 UTC

Versión en Español

* Details
* Maps
* Scientific & Technical
* Tsunami

Earthquake Details

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 5.0
Date-Time

* Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 09:38:41 UTC
* Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 09:38:41 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 28.853°S, 175.326°W
Depth 9.9 km (6.2 miles)
Region KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
Distances 254 km (157 miles) E of Raoul Island, Kermadec Islands
447 km (277 miles) NE of L'Esperance Rock, Kermadec Islands
854 km (530 miles) S of NUKU`ALOFA, Tonga
1283 km (797 miles) NE of Auckland, New Zealand
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 21.1 km (13.1 miles); depth +/- 4.3 km (2.7 miles)
Parameters NST= 47, Nph= 47, Dmin=257.1 km, Rmss=1.28 sec, Gp=137°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=7
Source

* Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0006bfl

Source: USGS

Initial report shows it as quite shallow compared to the original main shock.

Mike

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Good luck gettin a reply out of this thread....You may want to try and post your question here Source

Radpetey posted it on page 5 of this thread. I personally would like to know as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

And I responded to it here on that thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See above. It is not a concern. All explained in my reply on the other thread. By the way once again so people understand, that display is the magnetometer NOT HAARP. The magnetometers measure the flux in the earth's magnetic field. What they indicate is solar or lightening activity.

Gaps ha ppen - the reply in the other thread explains.
edit on 22/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Don't you just love it when someone comes into your thread and implies you're a stuck up, close-minded, ANTI-HAARP numbskull, too good to reply, and who has never researched it?

It does get tiring, but goes with the territory. *sigh*

Turns out you replied, in the very thread the guy was sending you to. Figures!

Moving right along, JustMike points out we've had a 5.0 aftershock to the "7.4 ( :shk: )". The depth is interesting at 9.9 km with "Location Uncertainty: horizontal +/- 21.1 km (13.1 miles); depth +/- 4.3 km (2.7 miles)"
earthquake.usgs.gov...

To me the location looks like it's an adjustment to the "7.4" in a new section of the subduction zone:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Let's just hope it's not going to do what Japan did when the quakes started crossing the subduction zone line. But even if it did, and a real big one happened, fortunately not too many people are at risk- and hopefully that seismic station at Raoul is unmanned.

Obviously this is just another disturbance of the the plasma core, manifesting itself as a quake on the stressed out Pacific hole left by the ancient super-comet mega impact. My brain is now expanded, much like the expanded earth. And according to Quantum Theory, there was probably an identical quake somewhere on the moon, seeing as it was expelled from the earth on impact.

Yep. Time for a break.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

I read all the posts from this thread as well as others. I'm just putting my 1 cent in here.

Well, large CME as well. I think it is all connected. Something's rocking.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Don't you just love it when someone comes into your thread and implies you're a stuck up, close-minded, ANTI-HAARP numbskull, too good to reply, and who has never researched it?

Yes I do love it, or I wouldn't do it!!

I think the quake on the Moon, of which there are many by the way, was in the Mare Imbrium, or was it the Mare Inebrium?

Maybe you can find a station on this map that works?? Appollo Lunar Seismic Network

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well, HUGE CME as well

You said it right there. This is what causes the gaps in many cases. From observation it actually seems to me that seismic activity slows down a bit when there is increased solar activity.

I haven't investigated yet but there is some mechanism whereby the atmosphere is affected and responds to the flare and the outer edge moves outwards increasing the volume. In accordance with inertia the Earth actually slows it's rotation until the atmosphere contracts again. It is the figure skater principle.

In fact there are many influences that speed up and slow down the rotation of the Earth, mostly Solar and Lunar and every change has an effect. It is a fascinating subject. Now there is a little project for you if you feel inclined!

As far as impending doom goes I will say just this.

Yesterday I put up 2 graphs of the energy release globally. One was from 12 March onwards and one from 8th March onwards. It was very easy to see that the 1998 Petajoules** of energy released in the Japan 9.0 on the graph (actually 2818 petajoules** as it was a 9.1) against 85 petajoules** for the rest of the year. The balance of energy is approximately the equivalent of ONE single 8.2 earthquake.

That is (the 9.1) an humungous stress release and it is a fact that historically it is at least 12 months that go by before another megaquake occurs, and that only usually happens in Indonesia and Alaska. Whilst you cannot confine seismicity to statistics it is at least a reasonable indicator that nothing is likely to happen for many months yet in terme of megaquakes (8.5+) and possibly even for a few years.

(**which I incorrectly labelled as Exajoules as I have a problem with these big numbers. It is a bit like the American derivatives. 1,000,000,000,000,000 joules = 1 petajoule or one quadrillion dollars
)

edit on 22/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Oh my.

Alrighty then, there ya have it folks.

In the meantime, just posted a new thread from some info I discovered for those interested in Big Quakes that have been documented to trigger activity at....a new supervolcano?:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Raises some serious questions about what's in store for this planet.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Hi TA.

Read your new OP, made a reply, added that volcano to my list of things to keep an eye on, and also to my list of reasons to keep stocking up on certain provisions just in case the SHTF in a big way one of these days...

Mike

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A little nudge for the North Island (NZ) just now (2.19am local time). Maybe a bit of a knock-on effect from the Kermadec action.

Mag 5.0, Sunday, October 23 2011 at 2:19 am (NZDT), 40 km north of Te Kaha, North Island, New Zealand.

www.geonet.org.nz...

The 5.0 on the Geonet nationwide drums www.geonet.org.nz...

edit on 22-10-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

I was about to ask you if you felt it then I realized you in the Southern part. USGS is slow I guess, they have not posted this one as of yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Blame Puterman. He sent me some earthquake stuff to read. Honestly, I only scanned it.

So this will make almost no sense. So what!

In the past I have read the 56 day cycle theory. I must not have put too much faith in it, because I barely remember all the particulars. It's was interesting, and there may be something to it. It's just that it wasn't that clear to me. Anywho. The damned number stuck in my head. Ug. Like the 53 000. Numbers stick in my head and it's annoying.

So, I was just minding my own business and dealing with my personal nightmare. I had some tedious paperwork to suffer through. I was mindless doing it as I was watching some nature stuff videos. Then a number stuck in my head. Oh it's a random number squence really. But I can't figure it out. It all started years ago when I first heard about the cicada life cycle. What's up with waiting unground for 17 years.

So, my screwed up brain obsessed on this and I needed to know the reason. Not for the extended nymph stage. But why so long? Why 17 years? Is it random? Or by design.

There was another reason I fixated on 17. For some reason, one day I multiplied 17 X3. And I got 51. I liked it. When I double 51, I got 102. Then 204 408 816 1632 3264. Isn't it cool. You take the two parts of 3264 and you get 32 64. What do you get when you double 32? 64. But that's where it stops being interesting.

I left with no hypothesis. Nor do I know why I am attaching any meaning to 17. This why I should not be thinking at the moment. I'm trying to tie the cicadas cycle to earthquake cycles for no reason. Then I start thinking it's the volcanoes. Then I give up. Thanks you for your patience. Carry on.

This all started when I watched crabs gauging the timing of thier lifecycle using the tidal force of the moon.

Today in Arkansas.

MAP 2.1 2011/10/22 13:17:50 35.358 -92.280 5.4 6 km ( 4 mi) WSW of Quitman, AR
MAP 2.0 2011/10/22 09:50:21 35.363 -92.284 4.5 6 km ( 4 mi) WSW of Quitman, AR

One around 1.8M not listed.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, you are good enough to bottle.

You think of things that are seemingly irrelevant but then when you write them down, we see relevance.

A 17-year cycle. Yes: why, indeed? Just that point alone is worth pondering.

Many thanks.

Mike

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Probably too small for them

@Robin: There I was reading with interest, awaiting the new theory and.......................and..................

top topics

<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join