It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 316
<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

No last I saw (yesterday) the seismogram was still very shifty, double t kind, but I was wondering if you had seen any news on it. I don't frequent BGS very often, usually only when you publish something interesting.

An explosion in East Anglia? Mm. Have to wait and see, Nothing on BGS yet.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Could be a mine out to sea. Sometimes we are told but not always.

Just this minute had this one in but this was too early for the one I felt.

Origin date/time: Fri, 21 Oct 11 09:11:48 GMT ; Location: NORTHERN NORTH SEA ; Lat/long: 61.986,2.327 ; Depth: 10km ; Magnitude: 3.5 ML
When I go to the GBS page it has been removed.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Tzavros because: added a line

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Maybe.

2011/10/21 09:11:48.1 61.986 2.327 10 3.5 NORTHERN NORTH SEA 280KM NE OF LERWICK

www.quakes.bgs.ac.uk...

On BGS but not on the angel's list

Not removed '09:11', it is the one I have put in above.

edit on 21/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by steaming
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

From the Mauna Kea article there:
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Magma plume thermal kineticism is a sign the Earth is now moving towards the spectrum of catastrophic geological upheavel- a epochal shift that will have profound implications for all life forms on the planet.

Really?

The factual stuff is great at that site. The opinion stuff, is, well? Just opinion. And a far-fetched one at that.

I know what you mean....love the site....love Alvin and the people that comment, however I am on the fence as an observer right now....taking everything with a grain of salt. Trying to make sense of the chaos, if you will.

Alvin, the site owner wrote a book and its a lengthy one. He appears to know what he is talking about. The homework he had to do in order to write such a book HAD to be extensive. He sees things and puts them into perspective like no other I have come in contact with. Still though....just don't know what to think.

What I do think is our leaders are "evil" in every sense of the word. I do not trust them and they are greedy. They are so greedy they could care less about the human race...the observations do not lie....and because of that fact, I am left confused. WHY? Why do they not care. Do they know something we don't? Are they just that mean and evil with no conscious? Are all of them that way? How can this be?

I have so many unanswered questions that lead to other questions...with no answers. SO yeah.....

I remain on the fence as an observer wondering wth will happen next. I want to take them all, put them in a room together, close the door and not look back.

Come into the room a week later...feed and water them and then begin questioning. I would need time to cool off, ya know.

Our Earth has always changed and is indeed changing geologically and as a mystical type person I wonder if it has anything to do with the residents that inhabit her.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

We clashed with that one
Too far up, I doubt I would feel that? The boom was on the sea side of the house though.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yes, thanks for that, the link in my email goes 404

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

(((((HUGS))))) for you!!!!

Here is my profile on FB, add me if you like and I will do what I can to tell people and will call my congressman as well. www.facebook.com...

We live in a complex system, with that said I happen to think there are a lot of forces at play.

Man has been lead for some time now by the "root of all evil", which I consider to be money. This money is nothing but paper and we ALL strive to acquire it daily. We are slaves to it, unfortunately.

While I think I have many talents and could make a kill by doing many things, it is not a desire of mine. I would be satisfied with my family and loved ones living off the land, with no electronics what so ever...and definitely not TV. We have not only become slaves but we are also a society who has been programmed by media to accept the mark (money), if you will.

I do not conform well, I have my own ideas of the way my life should be and even as I type...I am not happy that my children are in a building all day learning what "they" deem necessarily useful, while I, the parent do not.

Everyone around me is ok with conforming so I am left on the sideline being told that I am not living in reality. Well, hell...maybe it is because I do not want to live in someone else's reality...I want my own reality whereas MY life is spent working for me and mine, taking care of me and mine, and making sure we are learning what we want to learn, doing what we want to do, without someone else dictating to me what we should do, when, and how and to what degree. My kids are MINE, not theirs, to conform as a robot to make them more paper that is obviously not in our best interest. To hell with that.

End of rant....sorry!

I know what you are saying Robin, you feel as though this knowing you have, should be held accountable. I would love to save the world from the sinister people within it. Is it too late? Is the damage done? I hope not.... I would like to think this change we see is going to turn out in our favor, but time will tell all.

For me..I will do what I can to spread the word in hopes people will listen and do the same. All it takes is one person..right?

Living in Nashville, TN I pray time is on our side and it is not too late. Whether fracking or not...the New Madrid will blow. Is fracking making it come sooner than it would? Perhaps. We know it is not good regardless and again, will do what I can.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Whoo! I go away for an hour and bombs go off!

OK could the 2.4 Sheil Bridge be on some sort of fault that leads out to the 3.5 off Lerwick today? Just musing.
Any more news from E Anglia?
Darn got a client in a few mo's too....haven't got time to go looksee round BGS!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Alvin, the site owner wrote a book and its a lengthy one. He appears to know what he is talking about. The homework he had to do in order to write such a book HAD to be extensive. He sees things and puts them into perspective like no other I have come in contact with. Still though....just don't know what to think.

It is not difficult to write a book, or to appear to know what you are talking about if you are involved in the areas of Earth changes and Conspiracy that we are.

I would have no problem writing a book portraying the potential disasters, but it would be a lie as are all the others. Doing homework on a subject does not make you an expert otherwise we would all be experts because there is one HUGE amount of homework done by people on this site. It is always the way of charlatans and soothsayers to sound credible. Just beware. His statement on Magma plume thermal kineticism which he related to Mauna Kea is just an example of the way these people use technical words to bamboozle (a technical word) the sheeple into believing, however as with this instance, they are often incorrect.

Aside for all the complete and utter drivel that Alexander Retrov (Mag 15 quakes etc) came out with he said ONE thing that was completely and utterly true and the best advice you can get.

He said: Don't believe what I say. Go and research it for yourselves. Very sage advice that.

Everyone around me is ok with conforming so I am left on the sideline being told that I am not living in reality.

Except that you know as well as all of us here do I am sure, that you are living in reality and it is they who are living in cloud cuckoo land believing everything they are told.

Never conform. Never believe anything you are told until you have sufficient information to satisfy yourself that what is being said is probably correct. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that basics of rockets sufficiently to make a judgement on how they work. Probably a bad analogy but you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Nothing at all yet. Happens some times round here.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Environmental Protection Agency announces plans to regulate water from fracking

Environmentalists and even industry welcome an EPA proposal to regulate wastewater from hydraulic fracturing and other natural gas production from shale.

www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-frack-water-20111021,0,6915863.story

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Except that you know as well as all of us here do I am sure, that you are living in reality and it is they who are living in cloud cuckoo land believing everything they are told. Never conform. Never believe anything you are told until you have sufficient information to satisfy yourself that what is being said is probably correct. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that basics of rockets sufficiently to make a judgement on how they work. Probably a bad analogy but you know what I mean.

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I guess that is why I remain on the fence with Alvin's claims. I have no idea as to all that he has laid out because there is not enough time in the day for me to be able to research it all myself. Honestly, I really don't care to. If something comes my way by means of doom and gloom, I do not want to "know" before hand. I have known before tragedy's hit and by my experiences with it....there is NO WAY to prepare for a traumatic event.

No matter how much I may know within that something is on the horizon, the specifics really do not matter to me. The mountains I have climbed, the pain I have endured and the happiness and love I have had, have, and share is more than any pain I could possibly encounter. That in and of itself is my focus and what counts.

I love figuring out puzzles, researching the unknown because it is me....my nature and I love it.

I know enough of our Earth's and mans history to know ....everything changes. Change is constant. I embrace whatever comes my way and will not fear nothing or anyone.

My bf grounds me somewhat. I need someone by my side that does conform just so I don't run to the mountains and live on the land. My family would be tore up if I had my way and I love them very much. Not only that...I am a country girl by heart, but being in the woods alone without a man by my side would really suck.
Guess if I had to ...just get a bunch more guns... but still.... you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I would add you on my facebook account. But I deleted it. I don't like it. And it's not all irrational paranoia. Actually, this is the second time I've deleted it. There is no doubt I am a non-conformist. I don't even want to be part of a group I helped start. It's in the DNA. The genes. I'm a rebel. There's even rebel bees you know.

Rebellion is essential to evolution and survival. If you are part of the group all swimming up stream, and things go wrong, you'll die with the rest of the group and you'll all be gone. If you swim the other way, you may, survive another day.

Galieo was a rebel. History is changed by the non-conformist. If there were no rebels. Everything would be the same as it always was. We'd still be running around the grasslands on the look out for lions. It took one individual to pick up a rock and wonder what they could to do with it.

It's amazing to think that from that first simple tool, we've "progressed" to the point where we can smash rocks with water. The question now is not can we, it is should we.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Magnitude M 4.6
Region HALMAHERA, INDONESIA
Date time 2011-10-21 16:32:58.6 UTC
Location 0.85 S ; 127.66 E
Depth 10 km
Distances 185 km S Ternate (pop 101,731 ; local time 01:32:58.6 2011-10-22)
174 km S Tidore (pop 46,149 ; local time 01:32:58.6 2011-10-22)

Source parameters provided by another agency
source EMSC
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm interested by the 16 odd Hawai'i quakes, several CA 3.0-4.0 ranged quakes, Hokkaido Japan (# all coverage so far) and the most recent 3.1 in south Yukon. More Canada quakes near HAARP, yay.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Got a pretty good size quake coming in near FIJI/Tonga area.

Hard to say yet as I don't see the whole wave but looking like 6+, at least. 1 mm/s at FIJI station, which is a lot, considering the S-wave is pretty far from the P-wave. Hmmm... We'll know shortly.

7.3 Kermadec Islands
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Yep, that's gonna ring some seismos for a while...Bring on the LISStards....
edit on Fri Oct 21st 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Fricken IU.RAO right there is useless and has been for more than a year. I wish they'd fix that thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
With due deference to TA, here are the details.

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 7.6
Date-Time

Friday, October 21, 2011 at 17:57:17 UTC
Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 05:57:17 AM at epicenter

Location 28.941°S, 176.046°W
Depth 39.8 km (24.7 miles)
Region KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
Distances

180 km (112 miles) E (79°) from Raoul Island, Kermadec Islands
870 km (541 miles) S (185°) from NUKU'ALOFA, Tonga
2978 km (1851 miles) WSW (240°) from PAPEETE, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15.7 km (9.8 miles); depth +/- 10.8 km (6.7 miles)
Parameters NST= 94, Nph= 94, Dmin=187 km, Rmss=2.44 sec, Gp= 50°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=5
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0006b6p

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Note it is a 7.6. Curious that the event ID has been numbered us b0006 whereas we have been on c0006 for some weeks now.

Will Geonet call it an 8.0? Maybe

edit on 21/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It came up as a 7.3. They upgraded it. I was watching.

You can see the 7.3 here:
wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov...

No tech data yet, am interested to see the phase mags...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

AND

Thanks to TrueAmerican for getting the early details on site here that it looked to be at least a mag 6-plus -- even before the magnitude was announced!

Thanks also to Puterman for posting the USGS data page.

TA -- do you have screenshots of the waveforms from GEE? Would be great to see them.

I haven't found any tsunami warnings. Anyone else?

Mike
edit on 21/10/11 by JustMike because: Added "reply to" BB codes etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

WEPA42 PHEB 211807
TIBPAC

TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 001
PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS
ISSUED AT 1807Z 21 OCT 2011

THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO AREAS WITHIN AND BORDERING THE PACIFIC
OCEAN AND ADJACENT SEAS...EXCEPT ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA...
WASHINGTON...OREGON AND CALIFORNIA.

... TSUNAMI INFORMATION BULLETIN ...

THIS BULLETIN IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY.

THIS BULLETIN IS ISSUED AS ADVICE TO GOVERNMENT AGENCIES. ONLY
NATIONAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE
DECISIONS REGARDING THE OFFICIAL STATE OF ALERT IN THEIR AREA AND
ANY ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN IN RESPONSE.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 1757Z 21 OCT 2011
COORDINATES - 29.2 SOUTH 175.5 WEST
DEPTH - 16 KM
LOCATION - KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
MAGNITUDE - 7.3

EVALUATION

NO DESTRUCTIVE WIDESPREAD TSUNAMI THREAT EXISTS BASED ON
HISTORICAL EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI DATA.

HOWEVER - EARTHQUAKES OF THIS SIZE SOMETIMES GENERATE LOCAL
TSUNAMIS THAT CAN BE DESTRUCTIVE ALONG COASTS LOCATED WITHIN
A HUNDRED KILOMETERS OF THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER. AUTHORITIES
IN THE REGION OF THE EPICENTER SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS
POSSIBILITY AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

THE WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE PRODUCTS
FOR ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA...WASHINGTON...OREGON...CALIFORNIA.

ptwc.weather.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join