It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 306
<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Funny you should say that

Look at the North Atlantic map for today!!

Images © Icelandic Met Office

That is quite a rare sight. 4 mag 3+ all dotted along the MAR.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Did you use Snagit to grab those maps automatically?

No they are all downloaded automatically by the QVS Image Service which is part of the QVS Data program.

I download All Iceland, Myrdalsjokull and Vatnajokull maps and graphs hourly, the ISAK GPS page once a day, Jon Frimanns 2 seismograms 2 hourly and four tremor monitors around Katla (GOD, GRF, HAU and SNB) 12 hourly.

I guess I might have it covered a little. Every single part of that is done completely automatically with the program. I don't have to think about it. If the computer is on the images are downloaded.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

sweet, that Snagit is driving me crazy, I have to reload it every time I restart my computer ans reset the settings for image grabbing. Handy tool though.
I had the QVS loaded, but I took it off again.
1. It seemed to slow everything else down (may be just coincidence I had loaded 4D Graph Plotting the same day and it might have been that)
2. I didn't know what to do with it once it was on

Was only the Standard Version.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I know you will make fun of me but I am sure that very soon the Dodecanese islands will have a big one off coast of Turkey(www.earth-prints.org...),see for yourself!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
October 14, 2011 at 03:35:15 UTC EASTERN NEW GUINEA REG, PAPUA NEW GUINEA

6.7 to 6.5

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc00069ba.php

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh brother. I just accidently erased what I had just written. It was good too. Oh well. I'll try again later. For now, here's the report.

FRACKING CAUSES EARTHQUAKES!!!!

It's official.

www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Lots of 5+ this morning:
MAP 5.2 2011/10/16 13:44:51 44.265 82.682 45.3 NORTHERN XINJIANG, CHINA

MAP 5.5 2011/10/16 09:47:13 47.940 152.997 119.0 KURIL ISLANDS

MAP 5.1 2011/10/16 04:24:45 -20.026 169.095 75.8 VANUATU

just keeping an eye out today..........

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Not at all, and thank you for linking to a very interesting document.

May I just suggest that if you are linking to a PDF that you make that clear that it is a PDF and also try to give the file size?

Not all people are on broadband and by activating the link, not knowing what to expect, they will suddenly find themselves downloading a 3.5 MB document. I know that we who have broadband often forget that others do not in this modern age but it is a fact and always needs to be considered.

My rule of thumb is that anything over 500Kb needs to be advised.as that equates to over 1 minute on the fastest dial-up connections (410 Kb per minute @ 56 kBits/second)

A 3.5 Mb document would be around 8 and 3/4 minutes on the fastest dial-up connections. At least if they know that they have the choice to download or not and that is why stating what the content is and giving the size is important. (And yes I am sometimes guilty of not doing that but I try)

(13.5 Kb
)

ETA: Changed the decimal minutes to Minutes and seconds and added ISDN lines and T1 (1.5mBit) broadband (Moi is on that)

It also occurred to me that, for large pics, thumbnails are kinder to dial-up - I actually prefer them anyway for easier reading/scrolling. Some it makes little difference. This one is 20.3 Kb and still 15 Kb as a thumbnail.

(20.3 Kb)

edit on 16/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

This would be a far more interesting Forum if you could link directly to images offsite (see them on the page rather than just a link with words) , as a thumbnail at least, without having to load to them ATS Media.
Its a lot easier now than it used to be so shouldn't complain I guess

BTW @ anyone
whats the accepted distance that a quake is considered relating to a volcano?
5km 10km 50km?
I was just wondering as this one is about 30km from Ruapehu, but personally i wouldn't call it a Ruapehu volcanic quake myself

Reference Number: 3595568
NZDT: Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:36 am
Magnitude: 3.5
Depth: 25 km
Details: 10 km north-west of Ohakune

www.geonet.org.nz...
g.co...
edit on 16-10-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
1.43km from my house
right off our beach access laneway
just before 4pm yesterday
didnt feel a thing
, pretty deep, maybe I was too close and it went around us

REF:3595345
LAT/LONG: -40.90799, 174.96468
UTC: 2011/10/16 2:53:58
NZDT: 2011/10/16 15:53:58
DEPTH: 57km
MAG: 2.603ML
Reported as Felt: No
Energy Released: 0.121 tonnes of TNT

edit on 17-10-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I was thinking to myself, Robin, you have to let this obsession go. Just stop writing. Let it go.

But Robin, it's Monday morning. Yes, there's only been a few small ones in Quitman over the last few days. But they should be getting back to work this morning after having the weekend off. Oh yes, see it there. Bang.

Soon to be posted, there's another small crack in the earth under Arkansas.

My obsession are always with the very small. The doctors think I blow the mundane out of proportion and make mountains out of mole-hills. The problem is, very often, the littlest things all added up trigger an exponential chain reaction.

Just finished contemplating whether or not to erase what I just wrote.
Frack it.
It's done.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not only should I stop writing. I should stop reading because it only ends up upsetting me.

Here's a blog from a fella who writes for The Telegraph. The title of his piece is, "How many died in the great Blackpool earthquake of '11?"

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

So, should we keep fracking until we have a deadly earthquake?
Are earthquakes the only danger associated with fracking?

James Delingpole is right that the threat of a major quake in Britian is slight. But his focus is far too narrow and he's resorting to name calling. Enviromentalists Scaremongering. So, I'm just making a big fuss over nothing. Maybe he'd feel differently if he lived beside a fracking pad. Or, if his water was suddenly combustable. Or, if it were his home that started showing cracks from structural damage caused by fracking. It's always easy to agree to something going on in someone else's nieghbourhood.

Here's a hypothetical question. How would he feel about that title if fracking caused a major quake and lives were lost?

The oil lobby wants proof. And the only proof they seem to want to accept is blood.
"There Will Be Blood"
It's a movie. Watch it.

The simple fact is that fracking causes earthquakes. The news has finally began to break on the main stream media sites.

www.forbes.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

As I said, I am possessed by the small. This story seems small at the moment and is barely a ripple.
But the implications are huge. The United Kingdom, the United States, and many other countries have rolled the dice and made their big, long term bets on fracking. This dirty little secret (the pollution and the dangers) threatens to throw a wrench into their new machine's gearbox. They've set up the dominoes, and this, small thing, threatens to knock over whole works.

Let me say it again. Because it's the first "proof" ever. Fracking causes earthquakes.

One last thought. That blogging fella seemed to think the nuclear reactor problem wasn't such a big deal.
I don't need to bet, because no one would bet against me. I bet he'd not want a reactor in his backyard either.

Folks. All our backyards back up against someone else's backyard. We're all neighbours.
You need to stop the gas boys dogs from peeing and fracking on your neighbour's lawn. Because next, they'll be coming to your home.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh bloody hell. There has been four quakes within the last hour and a half in Quitman. The last one bigger than the first three. I'm trying to remain calm. It's not working. Damn GEE is a pain. Will list when the siemo folks wake up.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Duplicate.

So, I'll use the space to put up like for siemograph showing the activity.

www.iris.edu...

edit on 17-10-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Do you know the mag of the largest one?
This is not good, what are your thoughts
on this?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

MAP 2.8 2011/10/17 16:19:18 35.362 -92.276 6.5 ARKANSAS

USGS

Listed now!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Robin,
Sounds like you are in the UK.
I whole heartedly agree with you about fracking, I have posted my views about it here on ATS many a time when the oportunity arrises.
I am a bit concerned though as I was led to believe that fracking has been stopped off Blackpool. If it hasn't then it could be a reason why recently small eq's happened off Caernarfon.....an extension of the fault line which runs from Blackpool etc.
Also today on RT, they were/are covering all this 'occupy' business, one group of people in London were carrying plackards about stopping fracking in the UK! Got it on my TV now just to double check!
This is one issue that I WOULD consider getting myself involved in with the multitude of grievances the Occupy movement has.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

They have listed one. The biggest of them. 2.8M.
I gave many thoughts in my previous posts. Simply, I think they started up the pumps for the first time this week. And they got some big backfires. I wouldn't be surprised if it stops. The company might decide to shut it down before they get more attention.

If the fault is becoming unglued. Then expect a bigger one. If it's directly related to the amount they are pumping during fracking, expect it to stop.

Oh, they added another.

Last 24 hours.

MAP 2.8 2011/10/17 16:19:18 35.362 -92.276 6.5 6 km ( 4 mi) WSW of Quitman, AR
MAP 2.5 2011/10/17 15:01:28 35.364 -92.276 4.7 6 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Quitman, AR
MAP 2.0 2011/10/17 00:49:43 35.361 -92.267 5.5 5 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Quitman, AR

with at least one more 2.5M to be listed.

Angel, I'm not in the UK. They can't frack where I live- no shale. I'm obsessed with fracking because I think it is dangerous and will lead to a catastrophe. I think what is happening in Arkansas is a real, factual (based on data) omen of things to come.

It is lunacy to ignore this story.
That's why I keep telling it over and over.
I'm beating the drum.
Banging the drum.
Oil drums.

Slowly.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I do hope they turn off the pumps and
this is the end of it. Will keep a close
watch today!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well, I'm beating it over on this side of the Pond in my own little way!
I truly believe like you this is a man made disaster just waiting to happen.
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join