It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You're right. It gets confusing. Thank you. Now it's clearer.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I had a dream / vision if you wanna call it that, this morning. That there was a Major Quake, I was in my living room and walls and objects were swaying about 2 feet left to right & ran to get under the door frame, as if that would help me in my 6 story 104 year old building in new york city lol, well, I laugh now. Anyways most will laugh but as I ran to the doorway I saw Mr levin from tmz / california sitting on my closet just looking at me, in my living room, go ahead yuk it up. So I'm wondering, is the very next major quake gonna be so severe that it will be felt on both the east-coast and the west-coast ? I've seem many things in my dreams / visions before and it's never turned out good. This is one that I really don't wanna see happen, as it's gonna be utter chaos & devastation on a scale no one has seen in a very long time if ever. Many will say aahh your reading to much in to your dreams. I say well your not me, this is something thats been happening for many years in one way or another & and I certainly don't ask for it. Wish I could post this on my Facebook wall, but that would be a no no, as we live in a society that is way to judgmental. Happy-Trails Everyone & Remember Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Bane5930 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2011 by Bane5930 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bane5930

Wish I could post this on my Facebook wall, but that would be a no no, as we live in a society that is way to judgmental.

And you think ATS is not?

I have absolutely no idea who the person you referred to was but let's examine the possibility.

A quake that would cause devastation on both sides of the USA would have to hit somewhere where it is going to shift the West a bit whilst giving the shale beds a good shaking. The Sierras seem like a good location for this but we may have to rely on a bit of triggering to get the job done properly.

So let's start with a major earthquake in the region of the Lone Pine earthquake of 1872. This was a cracker and set things jangling all over southern California. Now if we say this was around a 7.8 then to really get things shifting we need a 9 at least - possibly a 9.2

A 9.2 is 125.89 times stronger than the Lone Pine quake so should do the trick. That should lay waste to a large area of California including felling a few buildings in Los Angeles and giving San Francisco a good shaking, but the main shock triggers a 7.5 in the Long Valley Caldera and the deep fault is immediately filled with magma and a massive fissure eruption ensues. As the underground reservoir empties the San Andreas begins rumbling and a huge 8.4 in San Francisco shifts the fault by 24 ft in places destroying large areas in and around SF

Meanwhile the shockwave from the 9.2 travels East and shakes Colorado and Denver and sets up a wave that passes through the mid American shale beds with the shaking getting more intense as it travels. The massive 5 minute shake sets off a 7.1 in the New Madrid followed swiftly in two hours by an 8.6 and then a series of 3 high 7's

As the combined effects of the NM quakes and the residuals of the 9.2 work on a weakened sea floor in the Gulf of Mexico it gives way under immense gas pressure. Although not strictly an earthquake this has the effect of a magnitude 8 and creates a tsunami that washes over the MS coastal towns and Florida. Many cities are devastated by the 18m tsunami.

Thousands of aftershocks in the range 1 to 6 continue to shake the whole of the States for many weeks after. This time Cascadia and Yellowstone are spared but deep beneath the crust the melt in the plume changes to 15% as the crust begins to heat . Mamma Earth is stirring.........

Who needs dreams??

Now I don't know anything about dreams other than that other people have them, except the odd one or two I have remembered in my life, but remember or not I am fairly sure that dreams are the subconscious playing out scenarios based on data you have consciously or subconsciously picked up.

You think about earthquakes, you dream earthquakes. You think about hurricanes you dream hurricanes.

Try thinking about sex - it may make your dreams more pleasant.

edit on 17/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

This is a scenario. It is not real.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I was looking through the desktop gadgets for windows 7 and found this really neat Earthquake gadget. It monitors EQs globally and I thought that I would post it here for those that do not have it and/or know about it.
Download Source: gallery.live.com...

By the Way this is the latest that has come through on this app as of 15:27 cst Sept. 17, 2011 so it is about 13 min. behind the EQs

Magnitude 3.1
Date-Time

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 20:14:56 UTC
Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 01:14:56 PM at epicenter

Location 38.826°N, 122.803°W
Depth 3.5 km (2.2 miles)
Region NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances

3 km (2 miles) N (6°) from The Geysers, CA
7 km (4 miles) W (262°) from Cobb, CA
11 km (7 miles) WNW (301°) from Anderson Springs, CA
43 km (27 miles) N (349°) from Santa Rosa, CA
120 km (74 miles) WNW (285°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.1 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles)
Parameters Nph= 62, Dmin=2 km, Rmss=0.07 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=3
Source

California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71648616
Source: earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 17-9-2011 by Agarta because: added example of time delay

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Meanwhile the shockwave from the 9.2 travels East and shakes Colorado and Denver and sets up a wave that passes through the mid American shale beds with the shaking getting more intense as it travels. The massive 5 minute shake sets off a 7.1 in the New Madrid followed swiftly in two hours by an 8.6 and then a series of 3 high 7's

And I was going to watch a scary movie tonight - your paragraph was frightening
enough for one day.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Don't worry it won't happen. I am not known for being a prophet, or making one either.

It is the sort of scary stuff that dooms are made of, but it is not even remotely real or possible - I think......

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You think about earthquakes, you dream earthquakes. You think about hurricanes you dream hurricanes.

No necessarily true but I like your post!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thats a pretty cool little gadget ,good find!
I got it now and I can just look at my desktop without going online .

edit on 17-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Puterman, you should be a screen writer. You almost got down the whole plot of Megafault. Except it went from east to west. And they threw in Yellowstone to make it believable.

www.youtube.com...

Oh funny thing, the "Megaquake" starts in West Virginia. At a mining operation.

And, Virginia has had another aftershock.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That is a handy little app..Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It has been a long time (Maybe over 6 months) since I saw USGS with less than 199 earthquakes listed on their last 7 day record - at the moment only 194.

It has also been a while since we had the sun with average of more than 12 flares per 24hr period as it was 14/15/16 Sept. Out of the last 40 events there were only on B-class; all the others were stronger C-Class events.

Putterman; your possible scenario is enough to make an Alfred Hitchcock movie look like a tender love story. Unlike our beloved Elenin, this quake is all set to go. Just a matter of time and trigger.

edit on 17/9/2011 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Wicked! I take it that is a trailer for a film? Maybe there is a niche for me after all.

The main problem is an inter-continental mag 9+

Not so likely I think.

reply to post by Aromaz

Maybe I should work on it!! Add a bit of human interest and of course an Englishman as the baddie!

I have 137 entries of Mag 3+ in my 7 day list so I am not sure which one you are looking at, I guess the 1+ or 2.5+ but I agree 137 on my program is actually very low. I just brought up the 11th to 17th September last year however and there were 116. Japan id still increasing the figures slightly.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
UPTATE-----Activity has returned at 4:41PM on quake cam.

abclocal.go.com...

Even tho you don't see it yet you will when it fills up .

Its weak at the moment but will build up as the hours passes.
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Looks steady as a rock to me. On what are you basing your hypothesis?

Are you expecting earthquake activity for some reason?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

cool

I put it on
didn't even know I had a sidebar to be honest

I wonder if you can put that on your cell phone too?

seen on the mini screen that the Japan been upgraded to 6.7 (in case no one seen it)
Just watching the Ireland vs Aussie game replay, I fell asleep while watching it last night.

woohoo for the Irish ( anyone who beats the Aussies is a friend of ours
)
edit on 17-9-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I got it now and I can just look at my desktop without going online .

Um how does it get it's information then?

I don't 'go on line' to get my popup screen to work but I still have to be connected?

This gadget works the same way as my program and earthquake 3D which is excellent if you want to trash some processing power. We all collect the 7 day, 1 day or 1 hour text files which are updated every five minutes by the way so although that says you can set it to one minute updates there is no point.

By the way, what is this side bar? (u2u so as not to go off topic)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Just keep an eye on it and you will see what i mean.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I said I saw and upgrade to the 6.6 coming through.

Finally it has arrived. What I don't understand is how it popped up on my program yet did not register in the database until now.

Now a 6.7

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Quiet innit

... someone want to kick USGS's equipment?

new topics

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join