It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You all may want to take a look at Basedgod's new Thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=752752#

Hmmm - Coincidence? - umm, no they don't exist

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

OK. This is what I think. Choo Choo trains!!!

I loooked at NM.PVMO and recognised the signal instantly. I really don't know why I did not think of this earlier.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc18c7ea20a3.png[/atsimg]

Westcoast should recognise those instantly! Think PAYL. (Here is a clue and an explanation)

Right by PVMO is a railroad track. And it follows (naturally) the valley or plain of the MS which is why these sounds are tending to be beside water. I followed this all the way down past the Y,W,X,T stations and it is always strongest nearest the railroad. At 242A it is only about 2.5 miles but the black person in the heap of arboreal material seems to be 243A. I can't identify a railroad there but it is not such a good image in that area.

So then I looked at the thumbnails. 436A was strong like PVMO so there had to be a railroad near there. Yes indeed there is, just 2 miles away.

Case closed. Goodnight All!!

edit on 14/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I knew those train tracks were there, but didn't think about them showing up on the station. LOL!!!
We used to bass fish near there.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yay Puterman!!!
Wooo Hooo ...you are GOOD
Thanks....it was driving me crazy! I was wondering why it just kept repeating over and over

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

reply to post by StealthyKat

Just one final sound if you want it. This is from NM.PVMO which unlike the other stations which are all 40 samples a second is 100 samples a second on the HHZ channel. This means a better chance of getting a good sound so - here is one of the rumbles.

NM.PVMO.HHZ-100to2000sps.WAV

ETA: By the way that is 20x speed if you had not sussed that so the 15 seconds of sound is actually 300 seconds or 5 minutes for the train to pass. Judging by the length of one I saw on GE I am not surprised!!

edit on 14/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I second the motion, and agree with the notion, that the commotion, was locomotion.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Long time since I last posted on ATS.
Just wonder if anyone have looked at the quakes offshore Valparaiso, Chile?
Should we consider them for-shocks for something to come or?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Ha! There we go...just had to find the right one.

Why oh why do they put seismo stations next to a darn train track!!!????

Thanks again PM

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Magnitude
Date-Time
Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 07:53:12 UTC
Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 07:53:12 PM at epicenter
Depth
13.4 km (8.3 miles)
Region
EAST OF THE NORTH ISLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Distances
1609 km (1000 miles) S (189°) from NUKU'ALOFA, Tonga
3428 km (2130 miles) SW (229°) from PAPEETE, Tahiti, French Polynesia
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 27.8 km (17.3 miles); depth +/- 7.5 km (4.7 miles)
Parameters
NST= 53, Nph= 53, Dmin=416.3 km, Rmss=1.32 sec, Gp=148°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=8
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0005urf

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 6.2

Date-Time Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 08:00:07 UTC
Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 05:00:07 PM at epicenter

Location 36.289°N, 141.308°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles)
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances 74 km (46 miles) E (96°) from Mito, Honshu, Japan
94 km (58 miles) SSE (157°) from Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
156 km (97 miles) ENE (63°) from TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15.4 km (9.6 miles); depth +/- 2.8 km (1.7 miles)
Parameters NST=375, Nph=376, Dmin=378.5 km, Rmss=0.74 sec, Gp= 65°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005urj

What is going on with this 6+ quakes recently?

edit on 15-9-2011 by borutp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Roald

Ha, welcome back. I mentioned you in a thread the other day. Your ears must have been burning. It was in connection with the identification of imminent earthquakes using satellites to detect electromagnetic signals. Any further news on that project?

Chile, no haven't looked at it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

hi PuterMan,

u getting busy or what?!!!

3 x MAG 6+ e/q's in the last 16 hrs...

good luck with the reports,
and looking forward to the results and comments as usual...

seeya

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'll raise you a CUBA

Mag 6

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 15-9-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by shaneR

Try 4... Cuba just went off.

link   

Magnitude 6.0
Date-Time

Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 08:43:07 UTC
Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 04:43:07 AM at epicenter

Location 19.574°N, 78.022°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles)
Region CUBA REGION
Distances

107 km (67 miles) SW (226°) from Campechuela, Granma, Cuba
123 km (77 miles) N (355°) from Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica
126 km (78 miles) NNW (343°) from Falmouth, Trelawney, Jamaica
128 km (79 miles) SW (228°) from Manzanillo, Granma, Cuba
220 km (137 miles) NW (324°) from KINGSTON, Jamaica

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 12.4 km (7.7 miles); depth +/- 2.8 km (1.7 miles)
Parameters NST=322, Nph=324, Dmin=158.1 km, Rmss=0.97 sec, Gp= 36°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005us9

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Um what is going on? I can't keep up with this. I think also we just passed the 2010 total for mag 6 quakes.

I had not even finished adding the last 2 when this Cuba one went off. You could say that just at present the rate is about double since we expect one every two days but have averaged one a day this month and it is quake season according to some theories.

edit on 15/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

The old memory is not as good as it was. Not quite passed and it was 2008 which was a very busy year in number but low on energy.

Currently I make 2011 mag 6 total about 162. I say about as they keep on changing!

I don't think there will be much problem with this year clearing the record for the decade on all counts at present rates! But don't worry, it will get calmer. Nothing to see here. Move along. 2012 is a figment of peoples vivid imaginations.

edit on 15/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

it is shaking right now...

4 MAG 6s in less than 24 hrs...

i made a note in my diary months ago, that today was ( according to an ATS thread),
the day of actual ALIGNMENT... 15th september...earth/ sun / elenin/

But don't worry, it will get calmer. Nothing to see here. Move along.
2012 is a figment of peoples vivid imaginations.

can i plan a new years day party for 2013 ????

seeya

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Oh stop it. You're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

I saw the Cuba "6.0" come in on GEE on CU.SDDR, and to me that didn't look like a 6.0. More like a 5.6, if that. I expect it to get revised down some, or wouldn't be surprised. It seems there have been more revisions than usual in the last months to me. What about you, you get that sense?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
You know just putting things in perspective for a minute I have to wonder just how accurate the historical figures are. Whilst the seismologists say that the centennial catalogue is accurate for mag 6.5 to about 1956 I just wonder if it is?

I have always looked at the total energy and there is no doubt that 1960 was the biggest baddest year for energy release in living memory.

I am just wondering if they actually could detect ALL mag 6.5 or 6.0 even back in 1960. We know the number of mag 6 that have gone off around Honshu after the 9.1 (yes it is now 9.1 in case anyone had not picked up on that) and it makes up just about half of the total for this year.

Let's play numbers for minute. If we say we will get to 170 or so Mag 6 by the end of the month then if the trend continued it would be around 225 by the end of the year. If they all averaged 6.3 that actually only comes to the energy release of just under a single 7.9 by the way - all 225 of them.

If half are Honshu that leaves 113, but Honshu is quieter so that is possibly not correct.

Anyway the point I am making is that Chile in 1960 should have produced many more mag 6 than it apparently did. While I accept that it has not historically produced anything like Japan it is surely not as low as the figure in the catalogue which I will come to shortly.

In 2010 Chile produced 21 Mag 6 quakes from a total of 143 so not a big contributor. (15%) According to the Centennial catalogue Chile produced just 4 mag 6 in 1960 in the two months after the big event. That nine is actually about 10% of the world total of 40 for 1960. In the whole remaining year after the big one there were only 5. I call "BS and let loose the dogs of war".

I seriously do not believe that there were only 4 mag 6 earthquakes after the Chile event. I also don't believe there were only 12 Mag 7 in 1960 - 5 at Chile in the 2 months after.

I accept that there is an uptick currently by comparison to the 1990s. I am now wondering if in fact the figures before that are in the least bit accurate for magnitudes below around 7.5 to 8.0?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Definitely but as I have noted they seem to happen after the 7 days

*Tin foil hat off*

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I've been watching this website for the past 3-4 months and just became a member in the past week. I originally found the website during a bout of insomnia one night. I have had a feeling for quite sometime that we are definitely going to see one of the largest earthquakes in the history of this Country that we've ever experienced. I remember years ago I woke up at around 4:45a.m. suddenly. I laid there thinking I would hear one of my children but it was dead quiet in the house.. then all of a sudden it began and I experienced a tremor for the first time in my 30-something years.. to put it mildly it completely unnerved me !!!! I live in Middle Tennessee and had never experienced even a small tremor before, so I can only imagine how unsettling a major 4-5 earthquake must be. I was reminded that morning that I had a "feeling" that this country would soon see one of the largest earthquake events in history and it would change life as we know it for quite some time. I had not dwelled on this feeling for awhile and it was a wakeup call for me. Like anything does in our busy lives it slowly faded away until the Haitian earthquake hit, and I was reminded again. But since the Earthquake in Japan, I simply cannot let it go any longer, I can literally feel it breathing down my neck at this point and don't know enough about things like this to even know what to look for or whether this is even a real possibility, and how it might affect my area. I visited the USGS website and looked through the archives and it seems to me that an Earthquake in Middle TN is a rare occurence, which in my opinion means NOTHING anymore, especially after the Virginia, DC, Colorado earthquakes recently. I am glad I found this website and there are people like you guys on here that are seemingly tracking this stuff, and posting your findings as well as commenting with some kind of knowledge about the entire topic. I hate to see people come on here and it looks like all they have to post are comments completely insulting other's theories, information, or intelligence in some way or another. I don't understand why they would even bother subscribing as I believe it defeats the entire purpose of a website like this one. I have all but stopped watching mainstream news, or atleast when I do I take it with a serious grain of salt and always look to see what my fellow Americans are saying or have reported regarding current issues. I believe the best source for the truth, is from those who are uploading what is ACTUALLY going on around them!!!! Any information anyone might have about the mid-south and possible scenarios regarding Seismic activity would be greatly appreciated as everyone around me thinks I'm paranoid and are all just stressed out by relevent topics like, the S@#%! is about to hit the fan!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join