It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

earthquake.usgs.gov...

MAP 6.9 2011/08/24 17:46:11 -7.689 -74.397 146.7 NORTHERN PERU

ust keeps rolling alonggg,,
old man river,,
------------------------
"hang on" 23-8-2011 @ 01:00 PM by BobAthome

August 23, 2011 at 01:51:03 PM at epicenter .
-----------------
posted on 24-8-2011 @ 01:56 PM
whats a guy got to do around here? by BobAthome

posted on 24-8-2011 @ 02:58 PM

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Bob,

My dad's a Bob, and I'm a Bob too. I've been trying to follow the old man river, but I fear you are too cyrptic for me. Sometimes I can be completely obstuse.

If you notice when I write I try to make it visual. And you are making analogies, but I'm still missing your point.
For me, could you explain it again and keep it simple. I think too much, and often because of that, jokes fly over my head. Not to say what you're saying is a joke. I just misinterpret things. That's why I double check so often. I'm sure I mess something up the first time round.

So, I must have missed your intitial point, and there's way too many pages to go back and figure it out. Normally, it'd be easy, but things sure go busy.

And you may not be computer savy. I'm not. I can put up shots with bells and whistles. A map with stuff on it would be great, but I'll understand if you can't post something visual.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

U.S. seismic hazard zones awaken: Long Valley super-volcano earthquake swarm notice

August 24, 2011 – MAMMOTH LAKES, Calif. – Long Valley Caldera – While the East Coast recovers from earthquake jitters, small quakes have been rocking California. A minor jolt struck the San Francisco Bay area Wednesday at 9:57 a.m., just hours after a similar temblor hit the same spot late Tuesday night. The U.S. Geological Survey says both magnitude- 3.6 quakes were centered about six miles southeast of Oakland along the Hayward fault, a major Northern California fault zone. The Sierra Nevada high country was also rattled by an earthquake early Wednesday. The USGS says a magnitude- 4.4 quake hit at 4:59 a.m. about nine miles southeast of Mammoth Lakes. A Mono County sheriff’s dispatcher says authorities have had no reports of damage. A magnitude-5.8 quake jolted much of the eastern United States on Tuesday.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It seems to me Bob at Home is hitting too much of that fire medical hoochie (mary do you wanna)

Hey Bob, come down to earth! Your way over my head as well

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by PuterMan

"KEV and WVT fall in the P/S wave shadow zones.

Kermedec

you are still missing an important wave density,,,,solar,, it is dense and a wave, and if the earth was a tuning fork, it would hum!

I just want to point out that Bob mentioned tuning fork back on pg 200. Just stuck with me.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Cherryontop because: edit to add pg for those wanting to find the context

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It must be getting wavy in the Atlantic. Microsiem noise is starting to grow.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Central Cali just had one.....still a ? mark though on USGS....Never mind. It was a 1.9

edit on 24-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
It must be getting wavy in the Atlantic. Microsiem noise is starting to grow.

Can you pin-point a general location?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Sure, I'm really lazy, I don't go chasing all the graphs. I was looking at Arkansas and you can see the microsiesm becoming active again. Last week they were very strong when the tropical wave hit.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

I usually just watch WHAR.

They're not showing up at Yellowstone yet. Last week you could see them, but they were faint. And I suspect they may not have been from the Altantic, but were from the hurricane in the Pacific.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nevada is playing again....they just had a very small one...but never the less...back in the game. It is as if the energy is moving..from one place to the other....Love Quake Watching!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't know if this report is credible or not....still looking into it as best I can. Thought I would post it here anyway just to get some more 'detectives' on the case so we can prove or dissprove this ASAP.
here's the link
www.eutimes.net...

Here's extracts from it

"A frightening foreign military intelligence directorate (GRU) report circulating in the Kremlin today states that over the past nearly 36 hours the vast intercontinental military tunnel complex constructed by the United States Air force over the past nearly 45 years was hit with two powerful nuclear explosions at its main terminuses in Colorado and Virginia used nearly exclusively by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)."

"According to this report, this unprecedented nuclear attack began on the evening of 22 August when one of the main air pressure relief tunnels for this CIA tunnel, located at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa Florida, was forced open allowing millions of cubic feet of air to rush suddenly into the atmosphere. The unique sound of this event was captured by video [3rd video] during a baseball game being played at Tropicana Field near MacDill, though US officials blamed the “mystery noise” on a faulty sound system.

This GRU report, however, points out that Russian engineers are well acquainted with this unique sound as they work feverishly to prepare an additional 5,000 bomb shelters ordered by Prime Minister Putin this past spring to be completed by the end of 2012.

Russian engineers were, also, able to duplicate this unique sound this past March when they were called into the Ukraine to vent a number of deep underground tunnels from poison gas that had killed three people near Kiev and which was, likewise, captured by video. [video below]"

"Unbeknownst to the vast majority of the American people is that the vast military tunnel network constructed since the early 1960’s under their country has cost an estimated $40 trillion and with the exception of this attack shows no sign of abating.

The only known photo of one of the massive US Air Force boring machines used to construct this vast tunnel complex was taken by Little Skull Mountain in Nevada in December 1982 [top right photo] and is similar in design to those used to construct the Chunnel between England and France.

Maps of these tunnels, and the underground bases associated with them, have been compiled over the years by many independent researchers along with lists of their probable locations.

The specific tunnel attacked by these nuclear devices, this GRU report says, was being used by the CIA during their moving of their headquarters and all of their assets out of their Langley Virginia location to their new base located in Denver Colorado that was begun in 2005 for reasons still not fully explained."

Please read the whole thing....I am busy working my way through the links they provide and maps

Rainbows
Jane

EDIT...OK, found it was written by Sorch Faal...."rollocks" as PuterMan would say. Sorry to have wasted anyones time.
Rainbows
Jane

edit on 24-8-2011 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I just read that as well. Those who replied to the article said that is not the most credible source...however, if others start reporting along the same lines, it could be something to consider.

My thought was, if there is actually a tunnel where they say there is, maybe,just MAYBE, there is something to this story...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
MAP 6.2 2011/08/24 23:06:17 -18.180 167.730 10.1 VANUATU

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by watchdog

That's what people used to think, but there have been some studies released just lately that indicate they do NOT relieve enough to have impact.

Anyone care to look that up? I know it was on this thread, and I think my washington state thread.

Tis me that is normally quoting that part of the USGS website. I've actually got the page bookmarked now for quick reference. LOL

Here ya go.

You can prevent large earthquakes by making lots of small ones, or by "lubricating" the fault with water

FICTION: Seismologists have observed that for every magnitude 6 earthquake there are about 10 of magnitude 5, 100 of magnitude 4, 1,000 of magnitude 3, and so forth as the events get smaller and smaller. This sounds like a lot of small earthquakes, but there are never enough small ones to eliminate the occasional large event. It would take 32 magnitude 5's, 1000 magnitude 4's, and 32,000 magnitude 3's to equal the energy of one magnitude 6 event. So, even though we always record many more small events than large ones, there are far too few to eliminate the need for the occasional large earthquake. As for "lubricating" faults with water or some other substance, if anything, this would have the opposite effect. Injecting high- pressure fluids deep into the ground is known to be able to trigger earthquakes—to cause them to occur sooner than would have been the case without the injection. This would be a dangerous pursuit in any populated area, as one might trigger a damaging earthquake.

Source - USGS - Earthquake Facts & Earthquake Fantasy

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
to redeem myself...Vanuatu is off again...

Magnitude mb 5.8
Region VANUATU
Date time 2011-08-24 23:06:23.0 UTC
Location 18.20 S ; 167.74 E
Depth 60 km
Distances 1129 km W Suva (pop 199,455 ; local time 11:06:23.3 2011-08-25)
79 km SW Vila (pop 35,901 ; local time 10:06:23.3 2011-08-25)

Rainbows
jane

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

USGS is calling it (for now) a 6.2???

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've been watching the map since yesterday, what is the deal with these 5+ quakes going off all over, seemingly within hours of each other?! quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

USGS is calling it (for now) a 6.2???

Yep, EMSC have UPgraded it too
Magnitude Mw 6.2
Region VANUATU
Date time 2011-08-24 23:06:23.0 UTC
Location 18.20 S ; 167.73 E
Depth 60 km
Distances 1130 km W Suva (pop 199,455 ; local time 11:06:23.4 2011-08-25)
80 km SW Vila (pop 35,901 ; local time 10:06:23.4 2011-08-25)

EDIS haven't even got it! However they did keep up with the 5.1 in Tonga!
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
or by "lubricating" the fault with water "

lubricating with water,,yes and i suppose they got a raise and a promotion for that one.

with water,,

try it on your car engine then,,,and what temps. do car engines run at?
and what happens to the block,,,when water "jacket",,fails,,
and water hits hot block? or by "lubricating" the with water "???????

lubricating,water,+,heat,,=lubricating cracked head,,but,,,i suppose they got a raise and a promotion for that one.

ohh and lets not forget abou, the amazing expanding capabilities of steam??

ever have a rad cap blow,,

when the engine gets lubricated with,,water?

how stupid can "scientists be,these days?

oh cours its false,, but hey it wasnt for a while right?????

no it was always false,,,but,,,i suppose they got a raise and a promotion for that one.
edit on 24-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join