It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

hello???

your own screen shot is USGS info that is stale..
see the update time, and compare to the last quake time...?

and see my screen shot above???

they are doing something there,
maybe overloaded ???

anyway, all good, + seeya...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Mhm, I know this. Tweets are that Sukarajima blew big style, pyroclastic flows, side of mountain blown, even tsunami off Tokyo reported because of the EQ it produced when it blew. Just wish I could get verifyable data.
Papandayan?.....let's wait and see.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Oh, you talking about the 5.8?

Or the 4.2?

If it's the 5.8, yeah, I finally got to see the phase data on that. And a lot of those stations reported 6.5+ numbers.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

You are right. I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you meant the date was out of date.

Like you those are back now I come to look again. Still say as a hatter though
like me!!
edit on 24/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

www.opentopia.com...

Does not look very active.

Read down the comments. Seems the violent eruption released the pressure.

edit on 24/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
4.2 in Central California.

I am wondering which area will "crack" today. There is bound to be more set off as if we are watching a concert. I hope I am wrong!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I,m keeping an eye on the global e/q's today...just seen that 4.2 in cali...another came up after that for cali, seems to have gone ..america seems to be suddenly getting the brunt of the recent quakes...none are deep..all shallow.
edit on 24-8-2011 by union_jack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Mega Star for joo!

Cause GUESS where that 4.2 that just hit in central California was?

Right by Mammoth Lakes!

maps.google.com...,-118.8718&spn=2,2&f=d&t=h &hl=e

And look!
37.545°N

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by westcoast

Mega Star for joo!

Cause GUESS where that 4.2 that just hit in central California was?

Right by Mammoth Lakes!

maps.google.com...,-118.8718&spn=2,2&f=d&t=h &hl=e

And look!
37.545°N

That is some crazy stuff right there!!! I guess I need to go back and see what Westcoast said.
Before I went to bed last night I remember the talk about the 37 degrees.....CRAAAAZY stuff!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by Robin Marks

thank ya darlin

I know it was a real quake too, just pizzes me off that they do that.

I am just waiting for that big red square to land on the west coast.... on the 37th parallel

*groan*....facepalm. I KNEW I was missing something! It was staring me right in the face.....thank you!

What sits on the 37th parallel on the West Coast?????? Mammoth Lakes!

Magnitude 1.1
Date-Time Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 06:08:15 UTC
Monday, August 22, 2011 at 11:08:15 PM at epicenter

Location 37.669°N, 118.930°W
Depth 14.3 km (8.9 miles)
Region LONG VALLEY AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances 6 km (4 miles) NE (51°) from Mammoth Lakes, CA
25 km (16 miles) WNW (299°) from Toms Place, CA
36 km (22 miles) SSE (152°) from Lee Vining, CA
243 km (151 miles) ESE (113°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 2.8 km (1.7 miles); depth +/- 4 km (2.5 miles)
Parameters Nph= 13, Dmin=1 km, Rmss=0.3 sec, Gp=180°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=0
Source California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71624510

MAP

My map I made some months back showing where I think the cascade subduction zone extends down through....and were I think the next major even on the West Coast will be (In california)

(that brown line goes right over the top of mammoth lake)

Found it!
Ok.....so didn't Edgar Cayce say something about this number as well (37). I can't remember so I guess I need to research again to find out. Also, I need to see what Westcoast was thinking in regards to Mammoth Lake other than the 37....was there anything else? Guess I will find out.

I only have an hour before I have to begin getting ready for work so I have a lot of catching up to do in regards to my fellow ATS'ers opinions and theories.

LOVE THIS SITE and THE PEOPLE! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

That's the one I got the initial reports from, just trying to find something more 'verifiable'

Don't worry, you have enough on your plate to be getting on with!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So, how does that relate to Colorado and Virginia. Easy. The both have coalmines near by. To the southwest of Colorado there's a coal mine. And waster water injection. But I won't go there for the time being. But water is in the mix, but not as the main catalyst. West Viginia is famous for it's mines. The waves from the ocean resonated, Hell maybe the coal, isn't it a cyrstal, just black, maybe I'm wrong, watching Breaking Bad in order to improve my chemistry skills. Or there could be quartz mix in and when this quartz vibrated, the waves were amplified. This shaking pushed an already over stressed fault system beyond it's threshold.

Excellent theory and I believe you are on to something!!!! Let us not forget though that injecting hazardous material into the coal beds is absolutely S-T-U-P-I-D! And furthermore they do this right by Nuke Plants. What is even more stupid is they build these reactors close to Fault Zones. Lets go even further and say it is absolutely S-T-U-P-I-D to do all of the above mentioned all the while there is gas lines surrounding as well.

Let us pray the New Madrid does not blow...OR....let us pray Yellowstone does not awaken with all the S-T-U-P-I-D people running around thinking they know better than to have common sense!

Taking advantage of the Planet is just plain S-T-U-P-I-D!
Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Thank you again for the correct format of my avatar! Now the whole picture can be seen...unlike these
quakes and the USGS wishywashyness.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Good morning Quake Watchers.

There was much too much fun and too much excitement yesterday. Too much to read. I can say this because nobody died. This was a much different experience from watching the webicorders when I saw Haiti and Japan. Yesterday, was not tragic. It was chaotic. If you want some sound advise, from the Hitchhickers Guide,

"DON'T PANIC!"

I'm sure everything will go back to normal and the excitement will ebb. I'm sure nothing odd is going to happen today. What's that way up in the Artic Circle, could it be Santa taking out the sleigh for a test spin. Okay, there's been quakes up there before. So, I really think things will calm for a bit.

Remember, these events come in clusters. Hell, a swarm is a cluster.

Mama, if it helps you any, Yellowstone has been as quiet as a church mouse. And trust me I checked. Daily. All day if I'm home. I've been looking for anything remotely active. ZIP. Yellowstone is hibernating.

Thankfully, because next year, every person with a wild idea will be pointing at anything Yellowstone does as a sign. If you start hearing that Yellowstone is blowing up, check here first. We quake geeks will know the data and will have been watching.

Yellowstone went to sleep. This allowed me to focus on Arkansas. And by extension the eastern United States. I'll let Muzzy be the expert on New Zealand, afterall he has a vested interest on knowing what's happening there because he lives there.

Having been focused on Arkansas and studying the region, I have concluded that the threat of a massive earthquake is very real. And I believe the process of a repeat of 1811/12 has begun.

The difference between 1811 and today is we, us. We've been doing all sorts of fracked up things like fracturing.
Mining. Etc, etc, etc.

We are hastening the process and speeding up the hands of the clock.
We may even be making the event bigger because it will happen over a short time frame which will not allow adjacent fault zones to resettle before the next earthquake.

Oh, one last thing. I was talking to westcoast and I believe that Memphis might not be the location for the next large quake. I still stand by the assessment. But now I am starting to think northcentral near St Louis or Peoria.

Ok, let's have a quiet earthquake day so when I come home later I don't have a dozen pages to read.

Stay safe everyone.
Plan. Prepare.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Definately Dali!!!
And isn't life...

Putermannnnn, if you're bored, can you draw on a map my imaginary tuning fork. Gotta go. love you all

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Mama, if it helps you any, Yellowstone has been as quiet as a church mouse. And trust me I checked. Daily. All day if I'm home. I've been looking for anything remotely active. ZIP. Yellowstone is hibernating. Thankfully, because next year, every person with a wild idea will be pointing at anything Yellowstone does as a sign. If you start hearing that Yellowstone is blowing up, check here first. We quake geeks will know the data and will have been watching. Yellowstone went to sleep. This allowed me to focus on Arkansas. And by extension the eastern United States. I'll let Muzzy be the expert on New Zealand, afterall he has a vested interest on knowing what's happening there because he lives there. Having been focused on Arkansas and studying the region, I have concluded that the threat of a massive earthquake is very real. And I believe the process of a repeat of 1811/12 has begun. The difference between 1811 and today is we, us. We've been doing all sorts of fracked up things like fracturing. Mining. Etc, etc, etc. We are hastening the process and speeding up the hands of the clock.

It DOES help...thank you for the clarification as I have tried going on to the site of Yellowstone and find myself very confused.

This is the forum I am attached to and feel uneasy if I don't come on any given day.
I feel as though I am in the "know" when I do and don't know jack when I don't.

I also agree with you about ushering in a quake (new madrid and elsewhere) sooner than later. Our leaders are wacked! (I am being nice)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hmm... what's up at Canary Islands?

Earthquake in Canary-Islands (Esp.) on Wednesday, 24 August, 2011 at 07:53 (07:53 AM) UTC.

More than 1,000 calls were made to the emergency number after the quake on the south east of the island. There was no damage or injuries. The 112 emergency number on the Canary Islands received more than 1,000 calls from concerned members of the public after an earthquake in Agüimes, on the south east of Gran Canaria, on Monday afternoon. None reported any injury or damage to property however. The quake at 2.15 pm was a 3.4 magnitude on the Richter scale, with the epicentre at sea off the coast of Playa del Inglés. Its effects were also felt in Santa Brígida, Telde, La Aldea de San Nicolás and Santa Lucía de Tirajana. There was a small tremor on El Hierro earlier on Monday, where EFE notes more than 3,700 seismic movements have been detected since July 19 this year.

Yeah hopefully this isn't leading to a big one around there... or uh oh.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I was talking to some old-timers here in St Louis yesterday. In this area people stay pretty quiet until an event occurs, then they start talking.

The old-timers say there is a fault that runs through the legs of the Arch.

Also, St Louis is riddled with caves (used in the past for beer storage and other underground warehousing). The area south of St Louis has literally hundreds of small caves the Native Americans used. No one knows how many more are out there. On our land, we have 3 small ones plus the giant sink hole. And that's just over 3 acres. Our Karst Protective District is 50 sq miles. That's just our little region.

We felt the fracking quakes in Arkansas. Those vibrations travelled 200 miles to us.

The Rivers, by nature, makes things interesting.

And do not forget St Louis is very old. In some areas the sewer lines are (seriously) pre-Civil War. The infrastructure below St Louis is maze-like and I am told no one really knows it all. Maps have been lost, etc etc.

This adds up to shaky ground.

I am not nervous, I am aware.
But I do think STL may be on the firing line

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Magnitude mb 4.7
Region EASTERN TURKEY
Date time 2011-08-24 15:47:25.0 UTC
Location 39.47 N ; 39.93 E
Depth 14 km
Distances 48 km SE Erzincan (pop 114,027 ; local time 18:47:25.0 2011-08-24)
33 km SE Üzümlü (pop 39,591 ; local time 18:47:25.0 2011-08-24)
4 km SE Pülümür (pop 1,759 ; local time 18:47:25.0 2011-08-24)

Not quite on the 37 lat line, but close enough in the great scheme of things maybe?
Rainbows
jane

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hey all, right something is definatly not right at the moment....im in the Uk and there are now DAILY reports of earthquakes being reported. Scotland had 4 in one day (monday) and now the Norwegan sea has had two.
If you look at the map from Virginia to the Uk then its in a direct line.

So to all you experts here, whats going on? And in your oppinion are we at risk here in the UK more these days?

Scotland's earthquakes

Cornwall earthquake - UK

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join