It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Strange! The 4.2 is gone on USGS but...it is being reported.? Hmm....I guess time will tell. Does anyone anticipate a "bigger" one somewhere coming or is it just me? I feel like I am on the edge of my seat.

Not just you.... I feel it in the air too......

I think many Americans do now (especially now that we see that we are not as invincible as we thought...)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Okay, it IS gone now. I think it's coming and going....they must be unsure.

@lildrummerboy....yes, it happened. I have a screenshot of it on the previous page!

edit on 23-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)
I saw it also on the list,.
but does someone have the EQ on graph?
edit on 23-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Tell you something else too TA.

No phase data available on any of these VA quakes. Why I wonder? No Tensor solution either.
edit on 23/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

The one on the bottom is Virginia, the top three Colorado. It happened..and it was obviously more than a 2.5 (IMO...looking at this)

link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Look in my signature.

It is still there. About a 2.0 I estimate.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Tell you something else too TA.

No phase data available on any of these VA quakes. Why I wonder?

Beat ya to it, my bro:

No historic seismicity either

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already got a thread on it. Yeah, something's weird about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
thanks.. da both of yous

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

So the question to ask here, is why not?

As far as I see it, the only reasons would be either they simply don't have it (not buying that), they are not sure of what they are looking at because it is something they haven't seen before, so they are still analyzing it...OR
...they have the data, they know what it is and therefore CAN'T release the info.

The next question then would be: If they aren't sure what they are looking at than all the more reason for us to keep watch and keep digging. If it's because they know and are intentionally NOT giving the public the info, than it leads to even more questions. WHY? To avoid conflict (political or drilling), to avoid panic (evidence of massive natural disaster about to hit) or something else?

ETA: Did you notice that severe dip after the quake in Colorado in the post above? I'm seeing that a lot there..what does it mean?
edit on 23-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed already, but when I was checking out the RSOE earlier, I found it strange that earthquakes are happening along the same latitudal line today.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Notice how Colorado, Virginia, Greece, and Turkey have all experienced earthquakes today and they're all practically along the same latitudal line. Could a fluctuation in the magnitosphere cause this? If not, what could?

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ROFL, the 4.2 has returned...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Would you make up yer darn minds please USGS?

:shk:

And I still disagree. That was more like a 2.5 or 3.

bah.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
These are pics of the clouds on Intrastate 85 in GA at Exit 120. I took it as I was driving home today. I was wondering what earthquake clouds look like. I tried to google for pics. What do you all think? I don't mean to distract you from other important stuff. I'm just curious and would like to kill it before I go to bed. Thanks in advance.

edit on 23-8-2011 by relocator because: correct exit #

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does this signature keep growing? link

because it was a heck of a lot smaller than that a bit ago. Why???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Is it just me, or does this signature keep growing? link

because it was a heck of a lot smaller than that a bit ago. Why???

It's not just you. When Puterman posted that the link was in his signature, and he thought 2.0 at most,I clicked it and looked.
Ten min later I refreshed the link and it seemed to be larger to me as well. I've been in front of the screen a long time today though and thought it was my weary eyes.

Thanks for corroborating.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

ETA: Did you notice that severe dip after the quake in Colorado in the post above? I'm seeing that a lot there..what does it mean?

The part immediately afte the first strike is where the ground is moving faster North than South. The weirdness in the signal after that I don't know but it could be that is ground movement as well perhaps but it does not look like it.

If it was interference the Z channel would be affected as well i would have thought.

03:05 here. I am done for the night. Keep up the good work folks.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Look at the vertical scale. It has doubled. These plots are dynamic, that is why I 'fix' them to get a comparison sometimes.

I know I have posted this before but here is the fix again

www.iris.edu...

This is the sort of thing you can mess about with (wide)

www.iris.edu...

or wide undecorated

www.iris.edu...

Guess it was still scaled down from the previous quake???

Yup!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Well, I figured it was ground movement since it wasn't showing on the HZ....and I have noticed it with several of the moderate quakes. Lots of rolling, I guess. Hmmmm..

Thanks for the explanation on the seismo...hate it when they do that. Guess it was still scaled down from the previous quake???

Good night! I'll be up a lot longer tonight. Only 7:00 PM here and I am stuck on the couch today with swollen knees....so this is keeping me occupied!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ok the 4.2 keeps disappearing and reappearing. Can anyone in the DC area or near the epicenter verify for us if they felt any shaking or movement during this time?

USGS

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

dynamic, but right now there's

271 responses in 215 ZIP codes (Max CDI = VI)

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/se/082411b/us/index.html

edit on 23-8-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Okay, I figured it out. It's a long story, so hold on.

I won't detail too much of the events in Arkansas for the past year. It should be obvious to all that regularly read this thread. But they are intregal to the plot. They are the reason for the stress loads on the Colorado and Virginia zones. Notice Arkansas is quiet. Not a fluke.

First we must think about microsiesms. They are small signatures that come from oceans waves and tides. Recently a tropical waves created very enegetic microsiesms on many siesmos. It's hurricane season and these strong waves preceeded the weather setup that will bring the enegetic hurricanes. But the Atlantic was not the only place that was experiencing hurricanes. There was coincidentally a hurricane of Mexico at the same time producing large waves. And the moon was creating high tides.

So that's our opening for the second chapter. The first rare inland quake was Chihauhau Mexico. I would have forgetten it by now, but when looking back it makes perfect sense. Actually, it was at that time I developed the first part of my hypotesis. I made the claim that the ocean waves triggered the quake. It wasn't a strong case. But I made it nonetheless.

We know what happened starting with Colorado. Let me explain how it happened. Remember these zones were ready to fault because of the addition loads from Arkansas/Oklahoma/Texas. You can see them in isolation. They are connected. In many ways.

First, to explain properly, I need you to imagine a tuning fork. Instead of it held upright with the two arms pointing upward, turn it upside so the arms point to the ground. Now imagine Florida, or look at a map if you must. Now look at Mexico where is narrows as it stretches into Central America. There. You have a tuning fork. The Florida Pennisula acts as it's one of the arms on the tuning fork. And South Mexico acts as the other arm. Imagine the handle extending up through the middle of the USA.

The waves where hammering the arms of this geological fork just as you would hit a tuning fork with it's hammer. You get a resonance. And the waves sent small waves toward the middle of the continent.

First Chihauhau went off. And then Colorado started it's swarm. Virgina then released it's energy. But what was the exact trigger? Wait, let me stop there. The resonse of the waves from the ocean would have passed through the ground water. These vibrations would shake loose soils and created erosion. This erosion would weaken faults. It's almost like liquifecation.

But there's something else. The resonance itself, and what cyrstal do when resonsated at the right frequency. They shake. In Windsor Ontario, they've been hearing strange humming coming from the ground. I thought this was simply as a result of the mining industry in the salt mines. But no. They ruled out industrial activity. But it was the mines, and the salt. The salt, which is a cyrstal can resonsate. And the mines act as a loud speaker. Notice that Windsor would be near the top of your tuning fork.

So, we have ocean tropical waves creating microsiesms which resonate through the crust. They encounter salt and cyrstal formation and the mine shafts amplify the waves. Hence you get the ground moaning. Must have been spooky.

So, how does that relate to Colorado and Virginia. Easy. The both have coalmines near by. To the southwest of Colorado there's a coal mine. And waster water injection. But I won't go there for the time being. But water is in the mix, but not as the main catalyst. West Viginia is famous for it's mines. The waves from the ocean resonated, Hell maybe the coal, isn't it a cyrstal, just black, maybe I'm wrong, watching Breaking Bad in order to improve my chemistry skills. Or there could be quartz mix in and when this quartz vibrated, the waves were amplified. This shaking pushed an already over stressed fault system beyond it's threshold.

So, that's how it went down. I really don't care if you don't believe it. I complety believe my hypothesis. My story. I've been watching the siesmos constantly over the last few weeks. That's why I can follow the sequence of events and add them all together. I simple observed the patterns and noted the activity, then looked around to observe other phenomenon and studying the links. It's a chain of events. It's a chain reaction and it all started one year ago in Arkansas. It started with a tiny quake.

And you wonder why I obsess on the tiny ones. I'll let Muzzy and Puterman give me an education on the big ones. But those teeny tiny ones, they're mine. I'm only interested in the big ones in relation to the small ones because that's how the whole thing begins. Earthquakes are the ground moving. And that movement at first is usually small. Imperceptable almost.

That's why Sherlock had a magnifying glass. So he could see the small stuff. Ironic. Sherlock's fater gave his brother Mycroft his magnifying glass in his will.

That's my conclusion. That's my story. And I'm sticking to it.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
How does the Sulfur smell in DC add in to the 5.9 quake in VA, or does it? Is it even related?

new topics

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join