It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl before killing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Anyway, to get back on topic, what this soldier did was inhuman, his chain of command should have noticed it and he should have received the help he needed. Unfortunately there will be some cases were soldiers, and even higher ups in the chain of command who make barbaric decisions, but it doesn't mean all soldiers/jarheads/sailors or even officers are all the same.
edit on 23-12-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Iraqis suffered more from the ones who claimed their coimg is for saving ...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Bun-G

Throw the book at him! Totally unacceptable! I would bet 99% of his fellow soldiers would love 5 minutes alone with him! Disgusting but does not undo any of the good work done by the coalition forces! Long live the coalition!

Er - what good work would that be then? Seriously, there is no good that has come, or ever will come of these illegal wars and invasions.

How can anyone possibly believe that any soldier taking part in invading someone else's country is doing good!? Newsflash - you were not invaded first! Why would a soldier prepared to kill civilians on orders, balk at rape? I am not surprised that US soildiers have done such things. Horrified but not surprised.
Vicky

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
"blah blah blah inhumane blah blah blah"

This about sums up humanity.

I wonder how many people gave a # when all of the Japanese soldiers raped all of the 14 year old Philippine girls during WWII?

Oh, that didn't happen because it wasn't in the news.

This guy isn't a "monster"....

He is a human. Just accept it. It has to be done.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

The war is wrong, but every person on this forum has the ability to send the troops home. You want us there because you don't protest, so you must accept what we do there. Some of us serve our country whether we agree with it or not, because it is our duty. When the country backs up an illegal occupation, it becomes a legal occupation that we must carry out.

This man was wrong, he needs help. Do not let this impact your view of the military as a whole abroad. Do not let this story silence any pride you have for your soldiers, for we are truely yours to command. Our decisions are your decisions. Our wars are your wars.

Nonsense. Are you not aware that millions of people around the world protested before the illegal invasion began and were ignored?
Also, heaps of us here are not American, and except for praying for his assassination, had no influence whatsoever on Dubya.
I feel sorry for your soldiers, but they are not innocent. They could do as war resisters did in the 60s, and go to Canada, in fact they don't have to, they are not being drafted!
Very recently, a New Zealand soldier was killed in Afghanistan, almost certainly by friendly fire.There's no excuse for that.
There's no excuse for rape, but also, there's no excuse for the whole bleedin' war!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I am not surprised that US soildiers have done such things.

Wow having at go at the soldiers who defend your freedom! What a low cheap shot! They don't all do that! Don't group them in the same all in the same basket! I for one am extremely proud of the coalition forces & their efforts!. Shame on you for such a low blow on the troops!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Allow me to play devils advocate here. For just a moment I would ask to contemplate this. There are those whom say " Iraq didn't attack us on 9/11, so why consider them a imminent threat"?

Now if you refer back to history, as fact, The germans didn't attack us in World War II either. The Japanese did. Yet both the Germans and the Japs posed a threat to the security of the US did they not? So with that, though the Nazi's didn't " officially " attack us, President Roosevelt recognized the Germans were part of the larger war on totalitarianism. Now assume for a moment we left them unchecked? What then? The US acted preemptively, the proactive response was that many lives were spared at that time.

Now fast forward to now. Is it possible that the strikes were a preemptive measure to prevent further death and destruction?

A simple yes or no will suffice.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

" so why consider them an imminent threat (fixed that for you)
As for your question 'yes or no', the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The US saved no lives in World War 2. They (you) came in halfway through then declared yourselves the winners.
In the case of Iraq and Afghanistan, neither were any threat to the USA, Fact.
Vicky

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Vicky32

I am not surprised that US soildiers have done such things.

Wow having at go at the soldiers who defend your freedom! What a low cheap shot! They don't all do that! Don't group them in the same all in the same basket! I for one am extremely proud of the coalition forces & their efforts!. Shame on you for such a low blow on the troops!

They're not defending my freedom, don't be ridiculous. What exactly do you think American soldiers are defending me in New Zealand against?
Vicky

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Best to ignore that specific poster. Either he is just trolling or he is really that far gone. There is not a bigger logical fallacy than the ''soldiers who defend your freedoms'' half a globe away shooting civilians.

If the poster really honored humans, and not the mercenaries they are made into he would do everything in his might to stop the people he knows from entering the military. No shooting civilians, no shellshock, no violence begets violence begets violence, no turning friends into enemies...

This of course, will go over the heads of those in favour of pre-emptive military action, but then again, what doesn't?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
he took away peoples lives there is no repayment for that to be found in jail or anywhere else he should be put to death end of a sad story.

Yeah, that'll help!
Don't you people get that capital punishment just perpetuates the killing? It's as evil as war...
Vicky

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
"But dehumanizing the victim makes things simpler,
It's like breathing with a respirator.

It eases the conscience of even the most conscious
and calculating violator.

Words can reduce a person to an object,
something more easy to hate.

An inanimate entity, completely disposable,
no problem to obliterate.

But death is the silence
in this language of violence.
Death is the silence.

But death is the silence
in this cycle of violence.
Death is the silence."

- Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy
The Language of Violence (1992)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
ok i definitely have to respond to this.

I am an american soldier....they DO NOT brainwash you..i was actually curious about that after i joined...in no way do they teach you to hate other people...and to the user who posted that teach you to not respect your fellow human beings, you obviously know nothing about the military, it is ALL about respect...

Most of my NCOs like a lot of the people over there...they tell us not to call people "hajji" because it is derogatory and ignorant...

now about the soldier..yes that individual is messed up, and it may be due in part to being in a war as PTSD can jack you up..but in no way is it because he was brainwashed by the military...i know plenty of people who have been in war zones and come out just fine

the people on this site who bash the military and the soldiers who are out there giving their lives is honestly pretty sad..there has been a lot of good done in iraq if you take the time to look for it instead of googling "military travesties in the middle east" or however you people get your one sided opinions

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lafaso870
Iraqis suffered more from the ones who claimed their coimg is for saving ...

Not really... Iraqis suffered and died more from the ones the left calls "freedom fighters in Iraq"...

Just do a search on suicide bombings in Iraq and see who the insurgents target the most...

Heck even most tribes in a large section of Iraq united to fight what the left around the world calls "Iraqi freedom fighters"...

BAGHDAD, Sept. 17 — Nearly all the tribes from Iraqs volatile Sunni-dominated Anbar Province have agreed to join forces and fight Al Qaeda insurgents and other foreign-backedterrorists,” an influential tribal leader said Sunday. Iraqi government leaders encouraged the movement.

Twenty-five of about 31 tribes in Anbar, a vast, mostly desert region that stretches westward from Baghdad to the borders of Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia, have united against insurgents and gangs that arekilling people for no reason,said the tribal leader, Sheik Abdul Sattar Buzaigh al-Rishawi.

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join