It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl before killing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
reply to post by Zamini

I can not speak for the soldier in questions, nor his regiment or operations but I feel i do speak for the larger part of what encompasses the majority of coalition when i say that serving as a soldier brings out the best in a person and any activity conducted by a small group or individuals should not undermine the work that we do, nor the reputation of the whole, he deserves all he receives and no excuses are warranted.

No you don't speak for the larger part that 'encompasses the majority of coalition'.You guys were in Basra, got battered and chicken ran out of there.

Maybe you can explain why there were two british soldiers dressed in Arab gear in Basra going around shooting civillians aiming to ignite a sectarian war?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hahaha

Your name sounds arab, you must be a hamas supporting antisemite. Do you see how silly you look?

Actually, my name is in Farsi and it means Earthling. If you would do your reading you would understand that Iranians are not Arabs. Who is the ignorant one now?

Besides, me being anti-semite would be ridiculous and I really don't understand how you can draw that conclusion in relevance with the post I made. I did not blame VVV for the invasion or slaughter of anyone, yet you do that to me. Who is the ignorant one now?

I stood corrected about the assumption I made, yet I find it a fair mistake. You won't do the same. So who is the ignorant one now?

Don't tread off-topic too much though. This is about how the military further corrupts minds. Don't try and deflect.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You're in New Zealand. What's it to you?

I think this subject deserves a proper discussion and no amount of soldier-sniffing and censorship is going to stop it from being discussed!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Zamini

Honestly, an opinion of a poster on ATS who I presume by his comments to have no experience of serving or being involved any branch of the military holds no water at all, It's easy to sit behind your desk and cast down aspersions as you know nothing about what our day to day job entails.

Your day to day job is not in your hand, your day to day job is in your superior's hand, do you disagree?

Our efforts aside from combat specific were not done so to keep "our moral up" as the majority of us do not have issues with retaining pride in what we achieve, If only you could understand and not judge so harshly.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

You achieve what your superiors want you to achieve, if you choose otherwise, or even choose not to serve, you will definitely get locked up just like the Taliban.

The above is just a clarification of what you are saying, from my perspective.

You are making it sound like you have some free will in the army.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

reply to post by Zamini

I can not speak for the soldier in questions, nor his regiment or operations but I feel i do speak for the larger part of what encompasses the majority of coalition when i say that serving as a soldier brings out the best in a person and any activity conducted by a small group or individuals should not undermine the work that we do, nor the reputation of the whole, he deserves all he receives and no excuses are warranted.

No you don't speak for the larger part that 'encompasses the majority of coalition'.You guys were in Basra, got battered and chicken ran out of there.

Maybe you can explain why there were two british soldiers dressed in Arab gear in Basra going around shooting civillians aiming to ignite a sectarian war?

I'd rather have my armed forces walk out of one district after being pounded, you chicken ran out of Vietnam leaving so much destruction behind. You Americans love hypocrisy!

Maybe you can explain why there were many hundreds of US Agents going around dressed in black suits and sunglasses shooting democratically elected leaders who you disagreed with, or shooting at civilians to ignite civil wars?

Are you people totally incapable of anything other than double standards?
edit on 21-12-2010 by Hahaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Again, please can you refer back to my point about not tarnishing all of us with the same brush.

I forgot the angst and vitriol ATS members are capable of spewing forth on these issues.

What I will say as being part of the older guard, is that some people do not deserve to wear maroon, regardless of this, I doubt you are in any position to be criticizing operations that you only know about from watching TV and reading the papers.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by oozyism

You're in New Zealand. What's it to you?

It doesn't matter where you are, US actions effect most of the world.

I think this subject deserves a proper discussion and no amount of soldier-sniffing and censorship is going to stop it from being discussed!

Yes it does, and we don't need trolls trying to divert the attention from the crimes committed by this soldier and his comrades, to direct insults of other members.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

How about you serve first, then ask that question.

Sorry, I refuse to be a slave.

I will never serve in an army which talks about safeguarding freedom, then turns the soldiers who are safeguarding freedom in to slaves.

If someone comes and invades New Zealand, I will fight with all my might

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

As a former vet, in a couple of recent conflicts, I can tell you that all too often this happens. And what that "soldier" is saying, in my book is pure BS. He knew very well what he was doing, unfortunately, in war-zones, we see this crap, over and over again. Some people, given a gun, and apparent "freedom", behave like the sick psychopaths they are. I saw many slimier cases in Bosnia, fortunately it did not involve units from Canada, or the USA.

I personally would turn him over, to what remains of that poor family's relatives, to do with him what they pleased.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hahaha

Originally posted by forklift

reply to post by Zamini

I'd rather have my armed forces walk out of one district after being pounded, you chicken ran out of Vietnam leaving so much destruction behind. You Americans love hypocrisy!

Maybe you can explain why there were many hundreds of US Agents going around dressed in black suits and sunglasses shooting democratically elected leaders who you disagreed with, or shooting at civilians to ignite civil wars?

Are you people totally incapable of anything other than double standards?
edit on 21-12-2010 by Hahaha because: (no reason given)

The Americans weren't suppose to win the Vietnam war.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident was faked in order to get US into the war.

60,000 US soldiers were sacrificed for those who were funding both sides of the war.

Ultimately the bankers benefited and cut the share between themselves.

Who do you think is running US now? Federal Reserve a non-government entity owned by various zionist banks.

Who do you think the war in Afghanistan and Iraq ultimately benefits?

The Bankers.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I believe that if two of my mates would be shot in war. My reaction wouldn't be to rape and kill 14 year old girl and then kill her family. But to fight harder on the battlefield or go home if possible. But hey that's just me.

Also watched the documentary "Restrepo" yesterday. Guys there after their friends died in battle cried for some time and then fought harder, built "Restrepo" fortress. I didn't see them expressing their anger on civilians. And that's how it should be. That's a normal reaction.

People with mental problems like this guy who raped and killed civilians shouldn't go to war. He's a threat to society.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So basically this soldiers rapes and kills a teen, then kills her whole family, with his comrades knowledge, then gets busted, no he is pleading insanity?

Has the soldier already received a life sentence?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

What I will say as being part of the older guard, is that some people do not deserve to wear maroon, regardless of this, I doubt you are in any position to be criticizing operations that you only know about from watching TV and reading the papers.

You are right, how can i criticize soldiers killing civillians.

US soldier's and private security firms are only there for one reason.

Operation Call Of Duty Modern warfare 4:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Zamini

Honestly, an opinion of a poster on ATS who I presume by his comments to have no experience of serving or being involved any branch of the military holds no water at all, It's easy to sit behind your desk and cast down aspersions as you know nothing about what our day to day job entails.

Our efforts aside from combat specific were not done so to keep "our moral up" as the majority of us do not have issues with retaining pride in what we achieve, If only you could understand and not judge so harshly.

I'm sorry that the truth is so ugly - but you were there to carry out the orders of the nazi US Corporations and Banks - to kill innocent people to make them more wealthy and to spread their evil power.

Not seeing the Iraqis as people violates all international law regarding conduct in war, and is more proof of the nazi indoctrination which goes on in the military. It's the same mentality as the nazis - and in fact the same mentalit as the government - who don't see the Americans as people, just slaves to make them money.
edit on 21-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

This thread is steering dangerously away from the original post, I am to explain the footage you posted? of which i am already horribly aware of? Am i to explain my utter disgust and disdain for any loss of civilian life? I am not a spokesperson for wrong doing, nor am i responsible for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join