It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu/Dream Connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I have always suspected this. However lately it has begun to be a very frequent occurence. I have been trying to discern whether not it is the just a brain fart or literal recollection of dream events. Either way time is an illusion so it would make sense. The experience that made me write this post occurred two days ago. I had gone to Mexico city for a birthday party and ended up meeting this girl. We hung out over the next two days during the course of which I had two deja vu experiences. The first occurred on the balcony looking over the city, and the second down below on the street. While down in the street as I looked around I remember every single detail down to the face of the girl I was talking to. I had set my speculation aside until just now. I remembered that give or take two weeks ago I had a dream about a girl I met. While I cannot remember exactly whether both dreams occurred on the same night, this is too much coincidence for me to handle. Anyone have similar experiences?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have thought alot bout deju'vu and dreams and its hard to agree on any-one theory. Even clinical research into deje'vu has been been tricky to say the least as the phenomenon is not easy if not impossible to produce in a controlled enviroment.

saying that, i had a thoery about it and wanted to share. Lately i had thought the deju'vu may be linked to dreams but these dreams occured in a past or maybe even future life. Space-time and quantum physics may also play apart in this but that would also be thoeretical.

I have thought about dreams i have had, some strange, familar, or totally foreign, meaning faces i have never scene before etc etc.

I havent had deje'vu for awhile now, ironically the last occured about 3 months whilst reading a reply to a post on this site... But before that it had been over a couple years. There was a period of about 3-4 months when i was about 19 where i was getting it a couple times a week and then it stopped.

It is definatly an interesting subject and something that needs more research.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

In my moments I feel like "I've dreamed this before" and normally when the dejavu happens, whatever I do to try to change what I foresee while it's happening is also part of the dejavu. In which case I pretty much believe the results from "scientists". I heard years ago that dejavu is nothing mystical, that it is a chemical imbalance(?) in the brain that imitates or triggers the feeling of familiarity.

Who knows though?
Wiki dejavu to see the research results.

I haven't really had dejavu for a few years now and in that few years I haven't been on any medications and I have a strictly healthy diet so whether that means anything, who knows..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My deje-vu experiences never feel like dreams. I just feel like "this has happened before". Ive read that deja-vu is when this dimension and a parallel dimension cross,, or something along those lines.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I've had deja vu at least once a week for as long as I can remember but most of it has been everyday things; rolling quarters, a place visited, a phrase, even a long sequence of events. The most significant event occurred about a year ago when I had a broken tooth. Not wanting to visit dentist, I wiggled and wiggled it but it just didn't want to come out. One night, I had a dream that I grasped the tooth in finger and thumb and pulled it from the back to forward and out in one motion. I forgot the dream until the next evening I sat wiggling it and remembered. I did what I did in the dream and the tooth came out.

Eternal return; I don't know if I should be awed or completely terrified.

new topics

top topics

join