It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli companies outsourcing to Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Israeli companies outsourcing to Palestinians

news.yahoo.com

HOD HASHARON, Israel – Within the pastel walls of a modest suburban office, Israeli high-tech workers have accomplished a feat that still eludes their political leaders: They have created a partnership with the Palestinians.

Israeli-Palestinian peace talks may be stalled, but that hasn't stopped a small but steady trickle of Israeli technology companies from seeking to work with people on the other side of the decades-old conflict.

Israeli CEOs say it's their way of bringing a little bit of peace to their troubled corner of the world. But the real reason they're hiring Palestinians,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
With all the anti-Israel talk here on ATS, it's nice to see that someone is doing something about the relations between the Israelis and Palestinians and it's not the governments.

Palestinians are warming up to the idea of working with Israelis and the both sides don't discuss politics. What's important to them is getting the job done and making deadlines.

While leaders on both sides are at ends with each other, the working class from each group are depending on one another in a common endeavor.

I don't know about the rest of ATS, but to me, it's nice to see a story like this at the end of an otherwise "testy" year for all the world.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Even with rare instances of cooperation such as this.. Still wont purchase or use any israeli made products. Just because they hire a handful of palestinians - most likely a pr stunt.. Doesnt excuse the genocide and crimes against humanity being committed by israel...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

S & F, Intel,

It just goes to show that ordinary people do not want war.

Governments want war, and it is all about money and therefore power.

Governments are not the friends of their people.

And people have the power to vote them out - but the next government will be just as bad - the power goes to their heads.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I like this bit..

In the past three years, however, some have turned to Palestinian engineers and programmers. They are cheaper, ambitious, work in the same time zone, and — surprisingly to many Israelis — are remarkably similar to them.

What are Israelis taught if they are surprised another human is "remarkably similar" to them..???

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
"Israeli CEOs say it's their way of bringing a little bit of peace to their troubled corner of the world."

"In the past three years, however, some have turned to Palestinian engineers and programmers. They are cheaper, ambitious, work in the same time zone, and — surprisingly to many Israelis — are remarkably similar to them."

First thing I was taught in political science: CEOs have a legal obligation to continuously seek profit; everything they do is in the name of profit for their company.

Second thing I was taught covered imperialism, where one country dominates over another and corporations in the empirical country exploit the cheap labor in the third-world conditions of its 'colony'.

Really, I wonder why Palestinian engineers and programmers would be 'ambitious' to work with Israel. Could it be that Israel has destroyed most of Palestinian infrastructure and disabled most of their high-end technology and they aren't able to work in Palestine? Or maybe the Israelis are interested in brain-draining all of the highly educated Palestinians so they wouldn't stand up for their own people when they already have a lucrative job working for the Zionists?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding like a pessimist, I have to call BS..

Originally posted by Intelearthling

With all the anti-Israel talk here on ATS, it's nice to see that someone is doing something about the relations between the Israelis and Palestinians and it's not the governments.

Part of the article that you conveniently left-out clearly states...

the real reason they're hiring Palestinians, they acknowledge, is because it simply makes good business sense.

So the intention is not to do anything but make more money.

Palestinians are warming up to the idea of working with Israelis and the both sides don't discuss politics.

Talk about putting a positive spin on a very dark situation.

More like the Palestinians need to eat and since Israel has destroyed any other opportunity for them...Then they have to sell their souls to the devil to survive!!!!!
edit on 21-12-2010 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Well, all I can say it's a start of something that's not shooting and blowing up one another.

reply to post by Expat888

If our leaders were ordinary people, they may be willing to do the same as these two groups of people are doing. Two groups that's been at odds with each other for thousands of years. They don't talk politics and their objective is to meet deadlines.

reply to post by backinblack

The Israelis are probably told the same thing that the Palestinians are told: Lies to boost fear and hatred.

reply to post by backinblack

Well it could be worse. The Israelis could say "the hell with the Palestinians" and prolong the hatred that they have or start somewhere and develop a trust for one another. Like I said, this is a start. I find it ironic that the Israelis trust the Palestinians more than they do the people in Asia, where they could have the work done cheaper. Maybe the two opposing governments could learn a thing or two from these working people.

reply to post by endlessknowledge

I didn't "conveniently" leave out anything. I pasted more of the article, but defaults on ATS didn't allow the entire "paste" to be posted.

Of course it would be good business. The Palestinians need work and the Israelis are willing to overlook any differences they may have with the Palestinians. Both, the Palestinians and the Israelis, are finding out things about one another they wouldn't have known if this venture weren't taking place. They're both willing to work with one another so how about giving it a chance.

I'm optimistic about this news.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

The Palestinians need work..

Of course they need work, but thanks in huge part to who??

and the Israelis are willing to overlook any differences they may have with the Palestinians.

Ya sure, but only when it makes business sense for them. How about overlooking their differences when they bulldoze their houses.

They're both willing to work with one another so how about giving it a chance.

since when has it been up to us to give it a chance? What this is about is you spinning exploitation to look like extending a hand out for peace.

I'm optimistic about this news.

Maybe your optimism is distorting your perception of reality!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Sounds like a very good storie, hopefully its just a start to better things, more cooperation, and maybe an opening of minds in the middle east.

Oh and thanks to who ever had to add , good to see that not all thread on israel are anti semite or racist bla bla bla.

You sleep in the bed you make

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Thanks for your pessimistic and negative input. It will be duly noted.

It is people like you that don't want peace between them. Don't tell me you don't. I'll just call you a liar.

So it's all about business you say. One man has money, The other man doesn't. The one with money needs work done, The one without money needs to do work to make money.

I don't see what's so damn difficult about this besides the fact that you're trolling.

It sounds to me that you're against all white people because white people owned slaves at one time in the United States. However, you fail to realize that many whites had black friends and there were black slave owners. I'm just using this as an analogy.

The problem in the Middle East is not one-sided despite what your argument may be.

edit on 21/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Palestinians are warming up to the idea of working with Israelis and the both sides don't discuss politics. What's important to them is getting the job done and making deadlines.

While leaders on both sides are at ends with each other, the working class from each group are depending on one another in a common endeavor.

I don't know about the rest of ATS, but to me, it's nice to see a story like this at the end of an otherwise "testy" year for all the world.

OP, I agree with you on this one.

*Any* alternative opportunities are better than, and may eventually help decrease the violence, bombings, and wars.

You are not going to be thinking up ways to cause trouble (both sides) if you are engaged and focused on your work.

Because of the peace accord between Israel and Jordan, I have extended relatives who are Arabs working side-by-side with Israelis in important business ventures in the Jordan valley.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
And I thought palestinians wanted all jews dead and wipe israel off the map?
/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It is people like you that don't want peace between them.

Why don't you address any of my points instead of judging and name calling.

Don't tell me you don't. I'll just call you a liar.

That says a lot about you!!

So it's all about business you say. One man has money, The other man doesn't. The one with money needs work done, The one without money needs to do work to make money.

Let me put it to you this way...say you owned a farm that was handed to you from your father and I came and threw you out with force. Then, out of my own greed I made you work at the same farm for the bare minimum. Would you see this as a positive thing?

I don't see what's so damn difficult about this besides the fact that you're trolling.

Maybe if you took off the rose-colored glasses, you would see my point. Oh ya, and the name calling really helps solidify your case.

It sounds to me that you're against all white people because white people owned slaves at one time in the United States. However, you fail to realize that many whites had black friends and there were black slave owners. I'm just using this as an analogy.

Your analogy speaks volumes. First of all, who said I was against any person or people??? What's next, pulling out the anti-Semite card? Anyways, you're giving a example from a past crimes that no longer takes place in a failed attempt to gain sympathy. Besides, so what if they had black friends? It only highlights the hypocrisy!!!

The problem in the Middle East is not one-sided despite what your argument may be.

Well let's see...your own analogy involved the comparison of Israeli actions to that of white slave owners. Need I say more???

Listen, if you want to get excited and jump for joy over this news that's not even new(since Israel has been using Palestinians for labor and spying for years), then go ahead. Sorry for pooping on your parade. I personally don't see anything positive about any of this until the OCCUPATION has STOPPED and JUSTICE has PREVAILED and this news does nothing to achieve that. If anything, this news highlights what Dimitri pointed to earlier about imperialism...

"Second thing I was taught covered imperialism, where one country dominates over another and corporations in the empirical country exploit the cheap labor in the third-world conditions of its 'colony'.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Look. I'm not looking for a fight. I just merely posted something I considered a ray of hope for the Israeli/Palestinian issue. It's a ray of hope, for the region, that can progress to a different level. We can go back and forth all day with this ranting and nothing will be accomplished in the end.

I only went off topic to point out that not every white owned slaves, and in fact, it was whites who introduced legislation to the Confederate Congress opposing slavery. I used this analogy with the Israelis because it's the Israelis initiating a peaceful co-existance with the Palestinians. I have friends of different races and it's not out of guilt nor am I being a hypocrtie. These people are genuinely good people.

Contrary to what you may believe, I'm not "jumping" for joy at this news.
I just find it good news that's in contrast with what the rest of the world wants everyone to believe is happening in the region.

If you're looking for a fight, you really need to go elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

join