It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hovering commercial jet over NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No I was not driving for 15 secs that is me parked stationary watching it for 15 secs.

That's certainly different. Still though, what's more likely, an optical illusion, or a jetliner mysteriously hovering over a major airport in one of the world's most major cities, going unreported as such?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok:

Thanks for your comments.

I observed it first standing outside while I was working on throwing out the garbage and chaning the bag. It cought my eye and I monitored it and kept glancing back. While done, I just stood there waiting for it to move so I could just discount it as another airplane throwing off my senses.

My trip to the market was in a car and I was stuck in traffic - as in not moving much at all - more foot on the brake, than foot on the gas.

My experience was both non-vehicluar and vehicular.

I also know what airplanes look like when they are coming straight at you or moving away from you. I lived relatively close to LaGuardia for most of my life. This was not such a sighting.

-E2

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo8185

Hi, I'm on this forum because back in March of 2011 my husband and I had a similar sighting. We were driving down 11th ave in Manhattan at about 11:30pm when I saw my husband no longer looking at the road but looking up toward the windshield. He was looking very curiously up at the sky while I was yapping away about my weekend at my mothers house. We were heading towards the Lincoln tunnel and we were on the corner of 57th street when he interupted me and asked me to open the window. He wanted me to see if there has a plane that stopped above the bmw building. I opened the window .We were at a red light, and there it was about 400ft above a 3 story building, a passenger plane, a large one. I couldn't believe how low it was. I saw the lights underneath it, bright and shaped like a t. I stared at it for a few seconds and then the light turned green and my husband kept driving. I closed the window and like a moron I said," yup it's a plane". I went into denial. As we were driving toward the tunnel we were very quiet and then I mentioned that the plane made no noise. I asked him what he saw before he asked me to open the window. He told me the plane looked kind of erattic and then it just stopped. Thank you for your post and your honesty. We are not crazy after all.

edit on 25-6-2011 by eyewideopen because: spelling

edit on 25-6-2011 by eyewideopen because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's good of you to come forward with this info. I haven't found your sighting reported elsewhere by other witnesses, but if you were stopped at lights it's definitely interesting. I think we still need quite a few confirmed reports of this phenomena before it'll be any easier to explain it. The "hovering planes" that are seen at a distance don't interest me, but ones directly above people that appear to be floating definitely are.

The only thing I would say is, if you've been watching the road ahead of you, looking elsewhere for a few seconds can cause some strange side effects. If you look at the sidewalk, it may appear to move. A momentary glance at a plane, with your head still processing images of the world moving past you - could counteract it's movement through your eyes for a good 5 to 10 seconds.

But I am not saying that is what happened to you! I am intrigued by the hovering commercial jet stuff...I hope it all turns out to be images of planes that have traveled through time vortexes at some point
But why would they always appear right above apartment buildings in cities? Hehe.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint
[more\ Thank you so much for you feedback. I thought the same thing as my husband pulled away. What struck me was that it was so low and there was no sound. What struck my husband is that the plane was so erratic and then he saw it stop. I am no expert, but we live by Newark airport and we see our share of planes daily, day and night. We could even hear them from a distance. What we saw was very much out of the ordinary.

edit on 27-6-2011 by eyewideopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh that is simple physics.... You were moving and so was the plane. It creates an illusion that the plane is not moving, but I assure you it was.

You can get a similar illusion when you are driving along side a train or other car or anything else that is moving in the direction you are, at the same time....

Then if you suddenly slow down, it will appear to just speed up and take off..... Or if you speed way up it will appear to slow down.

You should look it up....

It is actually an interesting phenomena....

You might also like learning about how sound is affected by movement. Ever been driving as an ambulance speeds by and the siren sound seems to change pitch as it passes you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join