It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hovering commercial jet over NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new to the forums. But I have to discuss this and be honest. I'm not a ufo craze I mean I love alien movies any and all because of possabilities, i never had an encounter. But maybe this was one because it shook my belief system.

Last night around 8:15pm New York City corona,queens a few miles from laguardia airport. driving in the opposite direction from the airport to take my g/f home she notice a plane in the sky that she asks if it looks like its not moving. Now Im aware of perceptive distance and the optical illusion on two moving objects. I've experienced it before with the planes that fly around here. Again since I live near the airport I see planes every day all day.

At first I didnt pay much attention because of the illusion so I explained it to her but as i was getting closer it really stood out to to me so I pulled over almost under it. Here are the details exactly:

it was about 500ft from the ground over the buildings, just sitting in the sky with NO movement at ALL... like a rock in the sky. nothing anywhere around it and at that time no other planes coming in.

It by image was as clear as Im writing it, a full on commercial airline jet with no markings, no decals, but all white with what I think was between 10-15 passenger windows twin engines on the tail just like a commercial jet nothing strange about the body just its appearance.

All windows and all normal airplane lights were on.

What was just as strange as it sitting there like a parked car in the sky. No movement, no air lag, no sway from winds as its the cold season here in NY, winds are high and temp is low. But it was lit up like a christmas tree compared to other boeings flying the sky or what I have seen other jets flying. It had too many lights, more than normal. All passenger lights were on and I mean so brightly on from my view distance that anyone inside wouldnt be able to see because the interior lights are blinding.

From my knowledge and research, flight sims, military games, real pilot testimonies a plane of that type and size cannot hover at all no matter the right conditions which are impossible for its size, its too heavy.

I know of the aircraft that can such as choppers, certain fighter jets, and other military aircrafts. But all military crafts which can usually have rotors or engine thrusts like the harrier jet. but not on a craft like this.

One more thing as it was sitting there. It gave no noise at all. No engine sound.

We watched it for about 15secs. Now as I say to myself in my head maybe I should whip my phone out to record it in high def. What do you know it starts moving forward over the buildings out of my view like it knew what I was about to do. But as it did, again NO engine sounds enaging. no noise, it just moves/flys. couldnt follow it. Didnt zoom off, but just act like it was gaining speed, like a takeoff in midair.

Today after researching the question if it can, and getting no from everyone, similiar storys from around the country from people who saw the same thing. I spoke to co-workers, my family, which laughed at the thought which just makes me seem right from the beginning that its not possible.

Then what was it? it wasnt a balloon or balloon shaped, that would have lead to the fact of air sway which it did not have.

Anyone else have a recent sighting? The most recent was last year 2009 I found.

edit on 21-12-2010 by Neo8185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo8185

Well, you tell a good story but it's unfortunate that you were slow on the uptake and didn't react faster which could have allowed at least a rushed photo. I live on the Upper West Side and while I did videotape a daylight UFO over Central Park an experience such as you claim is to die for.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is one category that I've generally dismissed before, but you sound like a good observer that asked yourself the right questions. Thanks for sharing, I'll be a lot more interested in these accounts from now on.
S&F

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I remember John Lear mentioning a hovering plane that was thought to be a hologram. I seen something about the Military having a patent on holograms somewhere going back to the 1980's too. Probably not so science fiction as we think.

But the thing is the "fake planes" stuff seems to always be coming from the lunatics in the field "not Lear" but others. Morphing, fake planes that is. But if you watched it for 15 seconds i doubt that would be long enough to determine it was "hovering" it is about depth perception. How far away was it? You describe it as if from the side and close enough to see the windows and marking. So it was very close for a plane i take it? If it was this weird than why only 15 seconds of observation? Did you lose interest after 15 seconds and decide no big deal or...

edit on 21-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because:
edit on 21-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Really? You think invoking someone like Lear lends anything to your position? I could point you to a thousand things that make him.....and anyone using him as a reference, look like a total ignorant fool. Did you know he can prove the whole Lazar area 51 story if he "wanted" to? Seriously, do a search. He does not, because he can not. If he had to, he would loose his ability to be some minor internet celebrity and have legions of ignorant followers lap up his every story.

So what would be the point of suspending a hologram over NYC anyway? If the technology is proven and tested, there is no need to use it over civilian airspace unless there is a very specific goal in mind, And i can't imagine this is it.....can you? Lemme guess, you believe hologram aircraft hit the trade towers on 9/11 with perfectly timed explosions planted by a special ops team that worked for months to plant them?

Is logic, reason and common sense dead around here? Is everybody in such a hurry to arrive at the least probable conclusion first because it gets them the most excited? This is why you and I will NEVER be taken seriously. Thanks for that.
edit on 21-12-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: I should do all my replies in word first, then copy and paste. I suck.

edit on 21-12-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: damn, I can't post worth a crap

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sounds like a Project Blue Beam test to me. But then again what do I know? I'm just the 800 pound gorilla in the room...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What about an Airship, they have cabins like a aircraft underneath? Not sure how often they fly out of commercial airports though however, its the transport of the future I recon, personal Zepplins.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Really? You think invoking someone like Lear lends anything to your position? I could point you to a thousand things that make him.....and anyone using him as a reference, look like a total ignorant fool. Did you know he can prove the whole Lazar area 51 story if he "wanted" to? Seriously, do a search. He does not, because he can not. If he had to, he would loose his ability to be some minor internet celebrity and have legions of ignorant followers lap up his every story.

So what would be the point of suspending a hologram over NYC anyway? If the technology is proven and tested, there is no need to use it over civilian airspace unless there is a very specific goal in mind, And i can't imagine this is it.....can you? Lemme guess, you believe hologram aircraft hit the trade towers on 9/11 with perfectly timed explosions planted by a special ops team that worked for months to plant them?

Is logic, reason and common sense dead around here? Is everybody in such a hurry to arrive at the least probable conclusion first because it gets them the most excited? This is why you and I will NEVER be taken seriously. Thanks for that.
edit on 21-12-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: I should do all my replies in word first, then copy and paste. I suck.

edit on 21-12-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: damn, I can't post worth a crap

Woah there, why so frazzled? You are saying i believe hologram planes hit the towers, where did i say that? This condescending method of yours is silly. Lumping me in with a group of people. shame on you. Well for your information i think real planes hit the towers does that make you happy? I believe that video is of Lear discussing seeing a plane hovering like the OP described. Now do i believe that? I dont know, nor do i believe everything Lear says.

But some of the things he talks about rings true. Now does the UFO subject rest on the posting of a John Lear video as a whole? Well im not in to the whole witch hunt character assassination thing that seems to be popular among certain circles here, if Lear like to bulls**t like uncle John then he can. Something i got out of my system because people crazy or not will exist no matter what is said. I rather have fun with it, its not life or death what is aid here, posted here. Im exploring possibilities even if i dont believe in them. It's called open mindedness.

Now calm down before you give yourself a heart attack. Oh im not here to be be taken seriously btw, i share and what ever you believe and perceive is what it will be. All done in anonymity,people like me who experienced something. It does not matter to me if you believe me or john or bob. Nor will the government disclose after being forced in to some corner by some ATS users and more than debunkers will stop Disclosure or change peoples minds on UFO's to their train of thought.

Tolerance and Patience is a virtue

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

it wasnt far at all really. I mean seriously it was low for about 5-8 mile land to the airport Im estimating if it was going there. I live in a high 8 story building so using that and lets say maybe double it to 24 stories from the ground.

And as for the 15 sec, that was the time I spent parked staring at it. I dont know how long it had been there before I got there. I would have kept starring but thats when it started to gain speed from a midair stop and left. And here I am with military theories or the big "A" as I call it if you all know what I mean. # I want to believe "A". But like why blend in, in that aircraft when you might as well just be invisible right for advanced tech. Its driving me nuts and makes me question soo much. Will I ever see it again, will I be able to record this time, I feel more like an ass not to have followed it, what did I really see, did I really see it (that I know for sure), being so close to 2012 whats going to happen if anything?

One way to end 2010 for myself though. god knows what 2012 holds. I just know... itll be one hell of party.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo8185

Interesting story, and I can accept it because the same situation happened to me and my wife back in about 1963. Always interested in any type of aircraft and especially flying saucers, I habitually payed close attention to anything in the sky.

In this instance, I was driving in a northernly direction with my wife in my rural neighborhood. Max speed was about 50 mph. I spotted what looked like a DC-3 at an extremely low altitude over Danville, Illinois. It was pointed towards me, slightly banked and at a slight angle such that the right engine was hidden by the nose.

As my road took me toward it, I was watching it with interest. The country airport had DC-3 service at that time, Lake Central Airlines, I believe. By my reckoning, the plane was too low over the town, so it really had my attention. Was it going to crash? After a minute or so, it hadn't change any position, same altitude, same degree of angle to me and not evidence of movement.

After about four minutes which included a right angle turn that took me about a mile further west of my original position, I again was moving toward the craft which had not moved. (I did not have a continuous view of the object at that time, but kept glimpsing it out the passenger-side window.)

My wife was totally disinterested in this affair, and was unhappy when I abandoned going onto our usual route toward home and instead chose to keep traveling into town toward the object.. After several more minutes which included traveling or stopping at several stop lights, I lost sight of the thing.

But the strange thing was that it seemed to retreat away from me as I should have been nearing it. It never appeared any bigger or changed its position. My avereage speed during this about ten or fifteen minute ordeal could not have been more than forty mph. A DC-3 flies at less than two hundred mph, so it was virtually impossible for this apparent aircraft to actually by what it appeared to be and moving in any direction either toward or away from me.

I have no explanation for what seemed to be a stationary or near-stationary plane. But over the years, I've read reports of conventional looking cars and trucks sailing along through the air, so little surprises me anymore and nothing seems impossible.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo8185

Thanks for answering my query, i was not there so i don't know what you seen. From your description it sounds like it could have appeared to hover when it was actually moving slower than you would expect. At least in reference to the skyline when a plane is ascending or descending it can seem that way as if stationary. There was this one woman that lived next to an air port for example in fact several air ports that claimed planes would "morph" in to UFO's, she would completely ignore the vector routes and flight paths.

There really is not much to support the fake plane stuff with that said MUFON kind of frowns on these type of reports from what i have heard. I guess when we see an aerial phenomena we do not understand we call them a UFO. This case you could identify it as a plane. Now unless this unmarked plane is some kind of high tech secret plane that hover like this or some hologram technology of some sort i don't know what to tell you. There are people that come on ATS all the time that live in the city and are shocked when they actually look up and see a plane, something common and often ignored as we are use to commercial air liners. But only you know what you saw.

As for aliens, i really do not see why they would use the fake plane illusion as a cover to hide it is a space ship. Never made any sense to me, more so in UFO history it seems they can cloak themselves and in theory most UFO's are invisible. I don't mean to go off in a tangent but i have wasted hours on fake plane videos that were always explained away quite easily. I would not lose sleep over this. The military industrial complex has all kinds of tech under the hood any more. Like the Biefeld–Brown effect is nothing new yet still in the gray area, scaler weapons , anti grav. Do you think they just flew that flying brick the space shuttle with the same design for over 30 years because they ran out of ideas? There has been quite an overhaul with todays aviation. They might look like a typical old Airbus but don't be surprised if anti grav is being used either.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo8185

Guys:

I'm out on the Island. I regularly see planes in a holding pattern, waiting their turn to approach the airport ready to land. They are up there not too high and not too low, their engine noise is barely audible. Sometimes you can see 4-5-6 airplanes each about 2-4 miles behind each other in line waiting their turn. Lots of times it looks like they are just hoving, but given time, you can see that they are moving towards the shore line from being out in the Atlantic doing their holding pattern.

I see this very often, especially on clear nights.

Anyway, about 7 days or so (approx 1 week) I noticed 3 airplanes much lower than they should be, not really moving at all. I watched them for about 5 minutes just hovering - not moving towards or away. Just hovering. The regular airplane lights were on, cabin lights were off or very low. the blinking lights were steady in the air - no movment on all three planes. I thought it to be of significance to notice, but I did not whip out my cell phone to take a photo. (I should have!) They appeared to be hovering over the next town closer to NYC.

I eventually had to get going, so I stopped looking. I jumped in my car and headed to the local grocery store. While driving I get stuck in mall traffic and I just happen to look again and noticed the 3 planes are still there. This is about 15 minutes after I got in my car. Not moving, lights blinking, I was able to rule out regularly shaped HELICOPTERS at this point. Still no noise. I could make out wings, fuselage, tail, engines (2) on one plane, but the other 2 were too distant to see as clearly as the one closest to me. No movment from the planes.

I didn't think it was a UFO, I thought it was an airplane, but why was it not moving is beyond me.

I just thought I would convey my sighting to you guys. It appears to be relevant to the thread.

In hindsight, one thought is helium balloons shaped like an airplane. I have seen these in Nassau Coliseum to entertain the crowds while they wait for the sporting event to continue (Hockey, football, etc.). Those don't have blinking lights on them though. During my observation there was wind. So in theory the ballons should have at least waviered in the wind. I saw no such motion though.

-E2

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I believe it could be a UFO mimicking a plane but totally failing.

Technical difficulties? Aliens can't be perfect.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It's an interesting subject, there have been a few posts over the last year or so with people talking about hovering jet liners. Here's a video of one from earlier this year (maybe) www.youtube.com...

I'm not disregarding your sighting but I tend to lean on the idea that it's just the way you're seeing the plane and it's movement in relation to your position that sometimes makes it appear to hover. I've seen this a couple of times, and with all their cabin lights on. But after a few seconds it becomes apparent they're moving. However if you're experiencing this for several minutes, I have no real idea.

There was an interesting description once about a chap who said he saw one not much higher than roof height just lingering over an apartment block. If the ATS search function was actually any good I'd look for it, but it's not, so I won't bother, sorry.

My fringe theory is that hovering jumbo jets are involved in some kind of time travel incident. Remember the Montauk Project, where a ship from 1945 apparently jumped through time and was seen at the same dock for a little while in 1985 or something? Maybe that kind of event still occurs.

Nice explanation though, thanks for sharing. Shame there's no real amazing footage of a hovering jumbo jet. I won't discount people's experiences but we really need some hard evidence on this topic to take it any further.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have to say I was kind of shocked to hear someone else mention this type of thing. I used to work at a mall for about a year doing security and I would watch the skies pretty frequently. I did overnight shift so there really wasn't much else to do. Anyways I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to UFOs and such as I would like to see it for myself. At night things can be difficult to identify, but usually just planes and helicopters.

Well one morning I was driving home heading north on the Major Deegan, when I spotted an airplane on a slight climb. Now at first glance everything appeared normal but after I really started to look at it I noticed it appeared to be standing still. I wish I could of pulled over to have a better look as I know things may not always appear to be what it is. I couldn't though so I continued to drive as I merged onto the Bruckner Expressway heading north. This is in the Bronx btw and right across the water from LGA airport. So like the OP has stated I'm pretty used to seeing planes and I hardly ever jump to conclusions.

So as I'm merging on the expressway I went from seeing the left side of the plane to the back side. Now I'm trying to go slow looking at landmarks. I did everything I could possibly do to see if it was moving even slightly. I couldn't notice any change and as I drove around I continued to watch it and I swear it was just still as a board. I almost got into an accident because I was focusing TOO much on it. Very odd indeed and I never really said anything, but since this happened in the same location I thought what the heck.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

You're making the assumption that the incident did not occur as the witness reports it. If it did, then it is at least possible that it was some interesting technology. We can't know what the point is of using that technology over a populated area because we don't know who it was or what motivates them anyway.

Unfortunately, we only have the above report with nothing to corroborate it, not even a photograph. This is great material for tales to mates in the bar or over dinner but I'm afraid there are are better cases to focus our energies on.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Judging by the fact it seems 100% of these "floating plane" sightings occur when people are driving, it must be an illusion. It doesn't explain what the OP saw when he got out, but...well - I can't help but notice all these incidents begin with "I was driving..."

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Now Im aware of perceptive distance and the optical illusion on two moving objects. I've experienced it before with the planes that fly around here. Again since I live near the airport I see planes every day all day.

I've grown up around runways all my life. However, this illusion even fools me as recently as a couple years ago. Here's the simple test.

Stop the car.
Is it still hovering?

In my example, I did just that, and saw it for what it was.

it's a trick of the two of you moving in different directions, as you mentioned. Eerie I know, but it is what it is. If you had stopped the car and STILL seen it as hovering THAT would be something else....but if you were still driving for that 15 seconds? No reason not to think it was this illusion.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ive been reading some of these comments and some are asking questions that I already stated answers but here again.

No I was not driving for 15 secs that is me parked stationary watching it for 15 secs.

I had plenty of buildings and trees around it to judge movement, which it was steady as a rock with no sway.

The subjective distance of it to appear not to be moving is 1000s of ft not hundreds. Over head. I was near and angled from it so to should have been flying to my left. But not even ft of movement. Completely froze until it decide to move from still to normal flight ive seen from less strange airplanes

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Judging by the fact it seems 100% of these "floating plane" sightings occur when people are driving, it must be an illusion. It doesn't explain what the OP saw when he got out, but...well - I can't help but notice all these incidents begin with "I was driving..."

The illusion stops when you do

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join