It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Up All Night' With NASA! Eclipse Viewing Instructions - LIVE STREAM

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
looks like we are starting to move back into the light. My guess is my skies will clear about 4:39 when its almost over! Typical... so many sky shows I have wanted to see this year, but go figure, Rhode Island always had cloud cover or a storm on those nights. It's a sky show conspiracy I tell ya...

This has been nice watching with you folks though

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Thanks for the post. I walked outside and the moon looks very different. Beautiful reddish color, but I awakened too late to catch the beginning, now it's moving away from the moon. But it is exactly what I see here in Fl, I see on your Florida link!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here in Alabama the view has been perfect. It is just now starting to light back up. I was so excited that my children who are 7 and 11 set their clocks to watch it with me. I was so impressed with them. Troopers!!! Going back to keep watching. Its cold here too about 35 degrees!! Brr.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hi everyone.

Im too new to post a thread so im sorry if this is a little off topic.

(maybe someone could start a tread about it for me!)

Stumbled across this on you tube.

FOOTPRINT ON MARS!!
www.youtube.com...

looks like it to me,

what do you lot think?

edit on 21-12-2010 by roguesoul because: www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-12-2010 by roguesoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

i know i just kill myself

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the lunar eclipse personally, here in California it was too cloudy. Saw it on a live video webcam though, was pretty cool. I took a couple screenshots.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Snore fest. Is there anything more boring then a lunar eclipse? I don't know why I keep looking. When is the next solar? 2021? Should be 10 more years for a total. *sigh* ill be an old fart.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

edit on 21-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
DId it turn "blood red" by any chance..?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I took this photo of the eclipse as I was webcasting on ustream last night:
farm6.static.flickr.com...
It's actually a mosaic of 4 photos taken with a Canon XTi and 8" LX200. I was also running one of the Florida webcasts, but I don't think it was one of the ones mentioned here.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Go figure, tonight the moon is just as clear and bright as can be.... typical.... mumblin. I wonder how many of the rest of us that has cloudy skies last night can see now???

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
will someone please post a response to my post.

I found a vid of a footprint on mars!!!

Im a noob, so feel free to disss me

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by roguesoul

Two more posts and you can start a thread about it

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Thanks for the images onehuman and ngchunter.

At my location in Oregon, USA it was overcast with sprinkles. Fortunately we got a glimpse of the waning silver crescent through breaks in the clouds. Then after midnight, we had a half-hour clearing. Beautiful expanse of stars, and a red-copper moon above Orion. A big tomato.

I've recently learned that the TRUE color of the Moon may be closer to the ruddy eclipse image than the silver moon we're accustomed to. We usually see ash gray images of the moon, but it has a brown tint, there's olive, purple, and self-luminescent areas.

Images and video here at ancientfuture.info.

Also regarding the Mars post, those tracks might be from the Rover -- But did you guys know that someone on ATS discovered STATUES on Mars? Also there may be trees, and an official detection of Water. I've compiled that info here

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't know about "Blood" red but yes it did have a reddish color to it, looked pretty weird. In fact, the entire sky had sort of a reddish glow to it - I watched it over the live video streams off the web from Georgia - I live in Pennsylvania and went outside to look at it, but unfortunately here the sky was full of clouds. But yes, the red color was pretty strange.

Lunar eclipse photo reveal blood-red...
edit on 22-12-2010 by Time2Think because: added link

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by keyseeker
I've recently learned that the TRUE color of the Moon may be closer to the ruddy eclipse image than the silver moon we're accustomed to. We usually see ash gray images of the moon, but it has a brown tint, there's olive, purple, and self-luminescent areas.

There is color to the moon but it's quite subtle. It can be enhanced by increasing the contrast in images and by increasing the color saturation. If the moon had "self luminescent" areas we would see their light during times of the month when those areas are on the night side of the moon. Aristarchus crater, for instance, is very reflective and has been claimed by some to be "self-luminescent," but it is not.

Images and video here at ancientfuture.info.

Right off the bat your link greets me with an image of the reflection of a telescope's optics, but given the context I assume we're supposed to think it's something mysterious? It's just one of these within the blue filtered image:
spider.ipac.caltech.edu...
I have to admit I lost interest in the website immediately when seeing that image so prominently on its front page.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

ngchunter -- Thanks for the feedback and referral to a good telescope image artifact site and email for reporting possible anomalies. The image you referenced has been relocated to a discussion of Gemini. Please find below perhaps a more convincing image of extra-terrestrial technology - a space rig with nozzle and boom? reported on the ancientfuture.info website. Sagittarius Constellation, 19 30 04, -27 34 16.

Here's a discussion of transient luminosities on the Moon wikipedia. Apparently Aristarchus is self-luminous and was investigated by Apollo astronauts.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/376c5327d215.png[/atsimg]

The cross-hatch luminosities have been labeled artifacts, but apparently, something similar came to
earth and did battle over Hamburg, Germany in 1697, witnessed by thousands and rendered in the following drawing.

TELESCOPE ARTIFACTS BATTLE OVER HAMBURG, GERMANY in 1697
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a26366b1dbc6.jpg[/atsimg]

WHAT COLOR IS THE MOON?

Apparently, the color information of the moon is scattered with distance by the same principle whereby distant mountains appear gray-blue.

See references at ancientfuture.info

video: Why the Moon Appears Gray From Earth

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db532a477a44.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f81503bc0fac.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 23-12-2010 by keyseeker because: add image link

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Please find below perhaps a more convincing image of extra-terrestrial technology - a space rig with nozzle and boom? reported on the ancientfuture.info website. Sagittarius Constellation, 19 30 04, -27 34 16.

Here are the raw images from DSS of those coordinates used to make that stitched mosaic. This is why you must use the original source images, not secondary sources of stitched mosaics like Google sky, Microsoft WWT, etc; the latter are unreliable, lower quality, and contain stitching errors not present in the original sky surveys.
archive.stsci.edu...
archive.stsci.edu...
archive.stsci.edu...
The artifacts you claim are extra-terrestrial technology aren't present in the original images at all, images which have been around for about 20 years.

Here's a discussion of transient luminosities on the Moon wikipedia. Apparently Aristarchus is self-luminous and was investigated by Apollo astronauts.

Transient lunar phenomena does not indicate that Aristarchus is self-luminous. If Aristarchus were self-luminous it would be shining abnormally after nightfall on that part of the moon, or have an albedo > 1, but it doesn't. TLPs are typically thought to be from transient outgassing events, or be transient flourescence of moon rocks in reaction to energetic solar particles during flares, and indeed that may explain the observations seen regarding Aristarchus, but if it were "self-luminous" it would still be "lit up" on the night side of the moon proportionally greater than its surroundings (which still receive a bit of light reflected from earth called earthshine). Your images only show it in daylight and indicate it is very reflective, which is a known fact of aristarchus, but they do not prove "self-luminosity" which would be proven by an albedo > 1.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Thanks again, ngchunter, for an invaluable referral to original telescope imagery. You are obviously a knowledgeable person. Howerever, due to the asymmetry, variety, and complexity of the apparent ET civilizations, examples here, it does not seem feasible that simple digital processing could be the cause.

But galex.stsci.edu can help determine if somehow some CGI got inserted to Google Sky. Users have been writing and inquiring, making YouTube anomaly videos for years. Why hasn't Google issued an advisory statement about the artifacts, if they are such? In addition, UFOs are observable in earth aerials via Google Earth, and independent space imagery.

REFERENCE FOR ARISTARCHUS LUMINESCENCE - observed for centuries

During the Apollo 11 mission Houston radioed to Apollo 11: "We've got an observation you can make if you have some time up there. There's been some lunar transient events reported in the vicinity of Aristarchus." Astronomers in Bochum, West Germany, had observed a bright glow on the lunar surface—the same sort of eerie luminescence that has intrigued moon watchers for centuries. The report was passed on to Houston and thence to the astronauts. Almost immediately, Armstrong reported back, "Hey, Houston, I'm looking north up toward Aristarchus now, and there's an area that is considerably more illuminated than the surrounding area. It seems to have a slight amount of fluorescence." [18]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Thanks again, ngchunter, for an invaluable referral to original telescope imagery. You are obviously a knowledgeable person. Howerever, due to the asymmetry, variety, and complexity of the apparent ET civilizations, examples here, it does not seem feasible that simple digital processing could be the cause.

Whether it seems feasible or not, that is indeed the case. The original images do not contain the "artifacts" present in google sky et al. Those plates have been around for about 20 years and even my own alma mater has an original that any student can look at.

Users have been writing and inquiring, making YouTube anomaly videos for years. Why hasn't Google issued an advisory statement about the artifacts, if they are such?

It's not in google's best interest to advertise the fact that their software contains image artifacts. In fact, allowing people to think there's something unusual will increase traffic.

REFERENCE FOR ARISTARCHUS LUMINESCENCE - observed for centuries

Again, where is the proof that Aristarchus has an albedo>1 or a disproportionate brightness unattributable to earthshine beyond the terminator? I'm well aware of the Apollo 11 account (and indeed of transient lunar phenomenon in general, which is what you were quoting from on wiki), but if Aristarchus were self-illuminated it should be easily testable and repeatable. It isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join