It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qur'an etched in Saddam blood. Strange indeed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It was etched in the blood of a dictator in a ghoulish bid for piety. Over the course of two painstaking years in the late 1990s, Saddam Hussein had sat regularly with a nurse and an Islamic calligrapher; the former drawing 27 litres of his blood and the latter using it as a macabre ink to transcribe a Qur'an. But since the fall of Baghdad, almost eight years ago, it has stayed largely out of sight - locked away behind three vaulted doors. It is the one part of the ousted tyrant's legacy that Iraq has simply not known what to do with.

The vault in the vast mosque in Baghdad has remained locked for the past three years, keeping the 114 chapters of the Muslim holy book out of sight - and mind - while those who run Iraq have painstakingly processed the other cultural remnants of 30 years of Saddam and the Ba'ath party.

Full Article

Very strange. Be interesting to see what they do with it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow. Now I have the urge to write a book with my own blood.

Oh, when life had meaning...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

What timing!!!! I just ran out of toilet paper!!!! Mail it to me please?!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Now that is dedication. They should send it to Chavez.

I wonder what the pages are made of.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Would you really like Saddam's blood on your butt-hole? I wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

OOOH good point! Damn....I could get cooties or somethin!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Of course blood has always had it's association with religion, but it does kind o' sound like a magic(k)al working of some sort.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I do not follow the beliefs of the Qur’an nor do I think Saddam was a good person. However, I think it would be an interesting article to have. Not because of its value (being the only one in existence you can bet this thing is worth a lot), but because of the strangeness of the whole thing. Imagine a book written in blood, how fascinating, certainly it could bring up some interesting chats.

Raist

new topics

top topics

join