It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Start Treaty ultimatly threaten the 2nd amendment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have been watching the debate on this issue and the verification issue seems to be the sticking point for me. The treaty calls for the United Nations to police this treaty on the verification side. If the UN is given greater arms control police powers for this treaty between 2 nuclear super powers does this also give them teeth in conventional arms control issues as well?

That is my issue. If the new Start Treaty provides more power to the UN in its intended goal of increased global police power on arms control does that leave the door wide open for them to commandeer more power on conventional arms control which could lead to the weakening and eventual destruction of the second amendment of the US constitution? I look forward to your input in this issue.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
I have been watching the debate on this issue and the verification issue seems to be the sticking point for me. The treaty calls for the United Nations to police this treaty on the verification side. If the UN is given greater arms control police powers for this treaty between 2 nuclear super powers does this also give them teeth in conventional arms control issues as well?

That is my issue. If the new Start Treaty provides more power to the UN in its intended goal of increased global police power on arms control does that leave the door wide open for them to commandeer more power on conventional arms control which could lead to the weakening and eventual destruction of the second amendment of the US constitution? I look forward to your input in this issue.

The Constitution means nothing any more...there is really little point in discussing the issues. The Cabal tore up the Constitution and fed it to the cows.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I have been watching the debate on this issue and the verification issue seems to be the sticking point for me.

The START treaty is the end to national wars and in the best interest of planet Earth. If you are not sure about it look into it, both sides of the debate and make up your own mind. I love it.

The Constitution means nothing any more...there is really little point in discussing the issues. The Cabal tore up the Constitution and fed it to the cows.

The only thing that is meaningless is your association to it. It has been one of the most important documents for the rise of the America. It is getting old and may need some revision to keep up with the times, but its general words of wisdom and guidance have been priceless.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

That input is just not very useful. Is that the best you have to include in this debate? Really! I am sorry to see so many that have given up on political intercourse just because the situation is so dire. It is when it is dire that our participation is really required in full measure.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I think you misunderstand the debate here. It is the concern about increasing UN power in my opinion. It increases the police power of the international body over the sovereign national body that is of concern to me in this debate. We need not have the UN increased in power on the world stage in order to verify the Start Treaty between the US and Russia. What part of that is hard for you to understand? It seems pretty straight forward to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I guess my secret fear about this is that the American people are too dumb to address this possibility. Then of course we are screwed so my concerns are of little concern given the bigger picture. It is hard to live in a world of people barely getting by both intellectually and financially but that seems to be the case.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

I have been watching the debate on this issue and the verification issue seems to be the sticking point for me.

The START treaty is the end to national wars and in the best interest of planet Earth. If you are not sure about it look into it, both sides of the debate and make up your own mind. I love it.

The only thing that is meaningless is your association to it. It has been one of the most important documents for the rise of the America. It is getting old and may need some revision to keep up with the times, but its general words of wisdom and guidance have been priceless.

The end to national wars???

You would really be naive to believe words. it limits and or reduces our and the russians nuclear warheads ( start = "strategic arms limitations treaty").
There restof us know interpol has been granted jurisdiction in the conus.and any u.n. small arms treaty is illegal and worrying.

www.thepatriotsflag.com...
edit on 21-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. This is a drawdown agreement between The US and The Russian Federation in an effort to rid the planet of all nuclear warheads for weaponization as no nation hall be allowed to posses enough nkes it could wipe the planet out many times over.

There is one long standing thinking when it comes to nukes "Once 1 lets one fly everyone else whose got them will let 1 fly" so this is yet another measure to guarantee that no person or nation on the planet will ever have to experience the phenomenon known as "Nuclear Winter".

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I can understand how this is a very difficult topic. Are you now loyal to the UN or the USA. My loyalties lay with the truth and understanding. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

If the UN is given greater arms control police powers for this treaty between 2 nuclear super powers does this also give them teeth in conventional arms control issues as well?

No. If you really expect the UN is capable of doing anything, you have a lot more faith in the organization than you should.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I have faith in the peer review process that goes on there. No one can operate in isolation and there are checks and balances. It is not perfect but it is getting better. It has been growing with the amount of collaboration that goes on. When you also take into account our growing galactic threats are there any other suggestions?

Divide and conquer?
All for one and one for all?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by wcitizen

That input is just not very useful. Is that the best you have to include in this debate? Really! I am sorry to see so many that have given up on political intercourse just because the situation is so dire. It is when it is dire that our participation is really required in full measure.

Well, show me evidence that political discourse is honest and fair. Show me that they prosecuted Bush for his illegal war and torture (both of which are evidenced), show me that there is a non-corrupt judicial system, show me that the present government respects the constution at all times, and when it doesn't the functioning reps passionately defend that constitution. Show me that the US is not a private corporation and that they banks are not above the law. Even, show me the law which says that income tax is legal and not a scam, and I will concede your point.

edit on 21-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join