It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: Telling the truth makes you a "terrorist"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I just wanted to rant about what I've read in the following article. There are already threads on it but this thread is not about the article itself, but rather about my disappointment in U.S officials and their willingess to call Mr.Assange a "high-tech terrorist".

Biden: Assange a high-tech terrorist

I don't think that Mr.Biden understands the importance of the mission that Assange and Wikileaks are carrying out. You can argue until the cows come home about whether or not Wikileaks is a CIA operation, etc. However, you cannot deny the PURPOSE of their mission and that is to get out information to the PEOPLE that would otherwise not be available.

We need to see that we are living inside of a veil that must be lifted if we are to save ourselves from the tyranny of governments and corporations and their nefarious agendas.

The torture of Bradley Manning and the rape charges against Julian Assange are proof that governments DO NOT want the people to know what they say/do behind our backs. If it were a CIA operation, neither man would be subject to such treatment.

Just think about that before you join Mr.Biden and his cronies in denouncing Mr.Assange and Wikileaks. If you must do so, we know whose side you are on and you are going to be subject to criticism unless you can substantiate your opinions and positions on Mr.Assange and Wikileaks.

If getting the truth out makes one a terrorist, then so be it. The people have a right to their freedom, they have a right to know and as long as they're willing to wake up and LIFT THE VEIL, the truth will not stay hidden!

edit on 20-12-2010 by The Sword because: Fixed link, etc

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
He is a terrorist LOL.

He isn't terrorizing the citizenry though, he entertains us.

He does terrorize our corrupt criminal leadership though.

He terrorizes them big time.

So yes, Whistle Blowers are terrorists to a corrupt establishment. They are terrorized horrifically.

Anything that may cause them to lose power is a nightmare!!!

By the way, when the Government is terrified of the people, we have Liberty.
When the people are terrified by the government, we have tyranny.

Never forget that.

Let's terrify these governments beyond their wildest nightmares.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There's a difference between doing investigative reporting and doing what Wikileaks has done.

There is a difference between journalistic integrity and what Wikileaks has done.

That difference is that Wikileaks simply took hundreds of thousands of documents and made them available to the general public without any screening or regard for the content of those documents or the consequences their release might have.

Rather than using those documents to empower investigations into the behavior and policies of our government - the data was treated in the most irresponsible way possible.

Because of this - wikileaks is both a terrorist organization and an embarrassment to journalism and whistleblower programs.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Bump for Justice!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I'm not seeing it.

If they hadn't done this, do you honestly think that news organizations were going to report on it or even look for it?

Wake up and see that most news organizations are controlled by major corporations. They will never snoop and find stuff to the extent of wikileaks because it means their careers would be destroyed and they would never work in news again.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

S & F, Sword,

You are so right.

Governments and other powerful people are scared s---less about what will be revealed.

And if you are scared about what may be revealed you are desperate to hide it, therefore it is shameful and against the interests of the free world.

I agree that the charges of rape are probably trumped up, and by calling Assange a terrorist, they are trying to instil hatred and mistrust so their evil secrets remain covered.

I salute Assange as a brave person determined to reveal the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I honestly think the "skeptics" are part of the REAL disinformation campaign. I've seen an increase in deniers/skeptics that have signed up recently, mainly to hassle those who support Assange, etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I just got this from Phil Gingrey, when I wrote him asking him to investigate the state dept for covering up pedophilia for Dyncorp.

Dear Mrs. xxxx
Thank you for contacting me to express your opinion regarding the WikiLeaks release of classified documents. As your Congressman, I appreciate hearing your thoughts and welcome every opportunity to be of service. As you are aware, on July 25, 2010, a Swedish organization called WikiLeaks released a six-year archive of 92,000 classified military documents related to Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. Further, WikiLeaks released an even larger group of classified documents detailing sensitive information about the Operation Iraqi Freedom on October 22, 2010. These two releases, which were posted on the Internet, represent the largest leaks of such information in U.S. history. I am adamantly opposed to the release or leak of any classified documents. This information obtained and released by WikiLeaks is now accessible by anyone in the world and can put our men and women in uniform in grave danger. Although WikiLeaks wrongfully obtained such sensitive information, I am even more profoundly disappointed in all parties that played a part in releasing the documents on the internet. The very terrorists we are fighting in order to keep America safe will now have the ability to view strategic and tactical decisions made by the U.S. Armed Forces and could hinder our operations in Afghanistan. Rest assured that I will work diligently to bring the source of this leak to justice and work to restore the integrity of our classified information. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. If you feel that I may be of additional assistance on this, or any other matter of importance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also invite you to sign up for my weekly email newsletter, or to share your ideas and opinions, by visiting my website at gingrey.house.gov... or emailing me at [email protected].

He's just SO stupid. He might have been a good doctor but gah...he's just so stupid.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Governments and other powerful people are scared s---less about what will be revealed.

As the US Government due to it's debt starts ENDING our military getting retirement checks, no more VA disability checks, no more Social Security checks....

There will be alot of Americans spilling the beans about the evil things we've been doing globally. As a propaganda program to get them to keep their mouths shut they came up with the 'terrorist' boogy man and shown they can torture and get away with it, kill Americans without a trial.....secret prisons....now the David Manning/Assange fiasco.....it's all a propaganda ploy to get Americans to keep their mouths shut when their Federal Benefits are yanked since the ruling elite ROBBED us BLIND...and bankrupted the nation.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I'd like to see him and others PROVE that releasing this information has harmed our troops.

If anything, just sending them to Iraq and Afghanistan has harmed them MORE because we didn't, and we still don't know who the hell we're fighting or what we're fighting for in either country!

It's just another angle that they're using against Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Wikileaks didn't steal a single document and those who claim so apparently haven't done their research.

They simply ask for it, and that is all. You can't convict people for releasing information that was given to them.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Its amazing how far we've fallen since 2000. We applauded Enron whistle blowers, and now try to gag and murder them. so sad.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
reply to post by Aim64C

Wikileaks didn't steal a single document and those who claim so apparently haven't done their research.

They simply ask for it, and that is all. You can't convict people for releasing information that was given to them.

Asked for it from who? Surely no one with security clearance would just give classified info away. If all of the WL info was obtained through legitimate sources, then I have no problem with it. If it was stolen or given to them by disgruntled employees or contractors, etc., then I do have a problem with it. Who were their sources and how was the information obtained?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Why is it that wikileaks is given SO much attention and whistleblowing status and all by the corporate media? There have been sooo many whistleblowing efforts in the past some that have been really eye opening yet of course the media didn't even pretend to notice. But what we have seen in the last month already has gotten mixed feedback on all sides of the table.
One thing for sure though, is that the finger is being pointed, and blame is being thrown -- and that shouls be a red flag. Because how can a soul-less entity such as our govt. institution be a victim? The only terrorism is the fear-mongering and war-funding profiteers in seats. People are being killed starved, genocide, ecosystems being destroyed while we should be as Stewards to our planet and all life here, we are all already going through a massive shift of consciousness and physical changes regardless of our humanity's impact. But instead of being thoughtful and compassionate we are oblivious ignorant and self obssessive as a planetary culture, at least that has been what reflects of our misdoings... LETS MAKE A CHANGE!
edit on 21-12-2010 by orazio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

edit on 21-12-2010 by orazio because: double post

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Well at least you cared enough to speak up and actually do something,bravo for that. Too bad your letter was completely ignored and you received what looks like a form letter reply. Hopefully you'll continue to be active in politics and actively campaign against this guy when its time. Looks like a good candidate for political retirement.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Yeah, his ol butt always sends form letters.
No one even ran against him this year. It's sad. A senate seat and no one ran against him.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Strange that it's just now it's "official". People have been demonized and arrested for telling the truth for, well as long as I can remember.

We need liberation, NOW.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
We are 1984
"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Wikileaks sets up an encrypted form of submissions so that they will never know who their sources are or anyone else can figure out who their sources are. The documents may be "stolen" but if they never were then the corruption would never see the light of day. Their goal is to expose corruption and that's what they do.

I don't see how people could backlash at them so hard when they are bringing more truth than any other news media organization in the world. Unlike Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ETC. where news has become more of a distorted opinion, Wikileaks just discloses facts.

And when people say "We'll they have no regard for the identity of people in these documents" all that does is tell me that you have never even read anything from Wikileaks and you base your opinion from what you have heard from the MSM. I read the Cables on a daily basis and there are numerous names that are xxxxxxxxxx out, I've to see a single name of any diplomat in these documents that would jeopardize their job or lives. The only names that have been published in the documents are the ones of the Ambassadors and Politicians. Names aren't omitted if they are shown to be involved in the corruption.

And the gov't saying "oh it's a threat to national security" no it's not. The only reason why the gov't is freaking out is because these documents show that there is corruption going on on a massive scale.

Would Wikileaks gain your approval if they offered leaks that prove a New World Order or the Illuminati? Come on dude, you can't operate a legitimate organization with a goal of changing the world for the better good when all you talk about is conspiracy theories that don't hold any validity in the eyes of the masses.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join